• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offensive Line

Better or Worse for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
@Seattlehawk94
We were both typing at the same time, while you writting, I was editing my last post. The thread is about controlling the line of scrimmage really, and I included a video link to the '83 team that had success on the o-line doing just that (hope you take a look). I'll take any of the RBs that we've mentioned, as long as this 2011 o-line emerges. Most other NFL teams that go to the playoffs, don't have the problems upfront I notice, and their RBs usually look pretty good.

#ONE has started a defensive line thread too by the way.

S

Seattlehawk94

While I'm at it....Welcome to the site Doug! Like the banter!

Semper Fi!

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
@Seattlehawk94
Thanks, I appreciate it. Like this site a whole lot too!
Semper Fidelis

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
@94 Love the Sig and Indianoplace.
Lol

@doug, I'll spell his name right after he wins a game. Till then he's tacaris or tararis or whatever my cellphone keyboard produces. LOL

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
That cellphone keyboard is just fine. I replaced my own with a classic Etch-A-Sketch and have had much better luck. I'm having the same trouble as Sherman Smith though...Can't draw a straight line with the damned thing!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Leon Washington should be the featured back . People forget how good this guy was before he got injured in New York.

. I agree with 94 that Lynch is nothing special at RB but short yardage and goal line could be his speciality . I think he gives us some bad ass attitude , which is much needed .

Forsett is fast and can make a great back up .

Running backs are cheap and there are plenty of them out there so if we can't get what we need from what we have go get another one !

S

Seattlehawk94

Leon Washington should be the featured back . People forget how good this guy was before he got injured in New York.

. I agree with 94 that Lynch is nothing special at RB but short yardage and goal line could be his speciality . I think he gives us some bad ass attitude , which is much needed .

Forsett is fast and can make a great back up .

Running backs are cheap and there are plenty of them out there so if we can't get what we need from what we have go get another one !
I wouldn't say LW should be the featured back just because he's too valuable on KR coverage....Though with the new rules that could change...We will see..
But Lynch is just like Ida said...He's a great short yardage back....He's a Lamar Smith, not a Chris Warren or Shuna...Great for that but....Not a Homerun Hitter most NFL teams have at RB...He will NEVER outrun a DB in the open and explode like that...

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, they had that issue with the late great Ironhead Heyward but didn't make him an "elite" or even "good" RB...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
@94

Ricky Watters was a stumbler, he didnt impress anyone.
Lynch is a beast!! He blows threw tackles and has great agility and power at the second level. Wont burn the secondary, but with this line he will have multiple 1000+ seasons. I am not basing that off of "beast quake".
Forsett has had a great YPG with Seahawks and in some games has saved our running game and is the little man that could. A great scatt back with quickness and amazing power. How could you say JF IS GARBABE MAN! thats harsh, he's also a leader in the locker room. Your just trying to get me all fired up arent you?
LW had a rebound year last and will better this year, but I see him as our KR/PR and 3rd option in the backfield.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm trying to manage the thread but can't find any real news on our o-line, and that's probably good news too, as in no injuries, etc. Chris Spencer is a Chicago Bear thanks to their director of personnel Tim Ruskell. Sean Locklear has made the transition to the other Washington, and the Redskins are playing him at gaurd instead of tackle. Should make for an interesting November/December when we play those two teams, because we know right where to blitz them both.

Idahawk

Reaction score
@94

Ricky Watters was a stumbler, he didnt impress anyone.
Lynch is a beast!! He blows threw tackles and has great agility and power at the second level. Wont burn the secondary, but with this line he will have multiple 1000+ seasons. I am not basing that off of "beast quake".
Forsett has had a great YPG with Seahawks and in some games has saved our running game and is the little man that could. A great scatt back with quickness and amazing power. How could you say JF IS GARBABE MAN! thats harsh, he's also a leader in the locker room. Your just trying to get me all fired up arent you?
LW had a rebound year last and will better this year, but I see him as our KR/PR and 3rd option in the backfield.

Ricky Watters didn't impress anyone?

He belongs in the Hall of Fame .

S

Seattlehawk94

Ricky Watters isn't anything short of an HOFer....Outside of other SHOULD BE HOFer Roger Craig, Rick is the best multiple type back in NFL history....They were MADE for the WCO due to their pass catching skills....Might not have LOOKED pretty but Rick is a 10,000 Yard back and one of the ONLY 10,000 yard backs NOT in the HOF at the moment...Even SHAUNA didn't hit 10,000 yards...

Lynch isn't CLOSE to Ricky in career stats, milestones....Saw an NFL Network thing and LAUGHED at the idiot sportshacks that said "Rick wasn't a big game player"..haha...5 TDs in an NFL PLAYOFF GAME, 3 TDs in his only SUPERBOWL, 10,000 Yards, 4,000 REC Yards, 80 TDs...Etc..Etc...Etc....Stumbler? No...HOFer....

Ida NAILED it...He's like Nightmare or Barry Word.....He's good in the right moment but moments don't make careers...

As for Foreplay, I remember LAST YEAR people here saying the same thing about him being "a great feature back" that they are saying about Lynch...I said the same things I'm saying about both....Neither SCARE ANYONE who isn't a Seahawks fan...

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't care about total yardage during a football game as much as I want to see total first downs & time of possession. ShawnA could have 19 carries for 19 yards, and one carry for 81 yards, and score six points. Ricky Watters was an every down half back, because he would make the three to four yard gains & help move the first down chains in the right direction constantly. Win the first down battle & win the time of possession battle, then you almost always win the game. I don't have the stats to back it up, it's just my observation.

At some point in the year, I suspect that Lynch will flat out embarrass a couple DBs or more. Don't believe that the Chargers are looking forward to seeing him at all either. So I will ask the following question: What does Lynch have to do this season to make you impressed?

S

Seattlehawk94

1,000+yards....400+REC yards....12 or more 100+REC combined with Rushing games....Does that and I'll take it back....

He doesn't need 10 100 yard rushing games but 12 combined 100 games would suit me fine...Don't see it though...

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
94 that sounds fair & reasonable. The season will dictate.

Idahawk

Reaction score
1,000+yards....400+REC yards....12 or more 100+REC combined with Rushing games....Does that and I'll take it back....

He doesn't need 10 100 yard rushing games but 12 combined 100 games would suit me fine...Don't see it though...

We would be lucky to get that from all 3 combined . Lol

Top Bottom