• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Odds TJ Stays Starter next Year

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Sydney Rice looks to be the primary challenger: 100% completion rate, and a 55 yard average per toss. I don't believe Red bryant has dropped a pass all season either. PC is deliberately holding back on the throttle by playing Jackson, and I bet he does it again next year too.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Still believe we are one o-lineman away from a full house. Never have seen a bad QB behind a great offensive line. Carpenter could be a treat at LG if the right RT came along in the draft. Just one more possibility.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Jackson has been doing better, but I attribute that to his getting more game reps & the o-line having had more reps in real meaningfull games as well. His injury has had nothing to do with it (occuring vs NY Giants) as his best game came after the injury (vs Cinci Bengals two weeks later) if I'm not mistaken Then the injury bug hit the o-line again, and Tarvaris is back to a sub 150 yard performance.

Take a look...
http://www.seahawks.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

Unless you catch a once-in-a-lifetime quarterback through the draft like a Jake Locker then you might as well skip the pedigree media hyped pups and build the vanguard of your team, aka offensive line. The alternative is to build around only one player at quarterback who may not pan out in the professional league ever (Mirer, Stouffer, etc.), and if they do pan out then throw away any season when that player gets injured (Dilfer, Hasselbeck). Of course if we can have both...I'm all for it!!!

Final thoughts: Jackson doesn't show me the confidence in his own football instincts quite yet, but I see it getting better and coming along. I wouldn't mind seeing that Ryan Tannehill from Texas A&M on the roster though. Whitehurst will be great on Two & A Half Men next year.

Reaction score
Doug I was LOLng at your Jake Locker comment... then I realized you may not have been joking.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Well that's true as well Mr Bob (Don't I feel stupid)!

Carpenter's natural game is the left side of the line according to his collegiate history anyway. One luxury this team has never had is a full-time LG with enough talent that they can move to LT in a pinch and solidify the spot during a game. Carpenter played LT in his senior year, we've had this conversation prior.

Gal was not liked by Raider fans after his draft day, and they don't miss him nearly as much as we miss Curry, which is not at all. From your own posts, I take it that you've been a little upset with Gal's yellow flag attraction as much as I have.

The team is locked into Okung at LT, but he needs a quality backup according to his short injury prone professional career, and I'd make that player Carpenter (if I was god), and play him at LG. Then draft a center or a right tackle next year.

QB's either develope, or not. WR's are the next league heroes, as mandated by current rules. That's iffy too.

Reaction score
Dude its Thanksgiving, football is on and um drinking beer..... I can't think of a reason to not be happy

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude its Thanksgiving, football is on and um drinking beer..... I can't think of a reason to not be happy

Exactly! The only thing that can make this day any better is a Raven's win! The English language is incapable of describing my hatred for the niners lol.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
"Still believe we are one o-lineman away from a full house. Never have seen a bad QB behind a great offensive line. Carpenter could be a treat at LG if the right RT came along in the draft. Just one more possibility"

Moffit was looking to develop alot quiker than Carpenter was IMHO. Heck, Carpenter was starting to get it together before the injury. I really think they were starting to jell at the Right O side. Bummer they both had to go down in the same week (or any time, for that matter) to keep learning how to play with each other. Another good Rookie ROLineman wouldn't hurt by any means to have some depth when the injury bug hits. Guess that's going to happen, at some point in the season, so shoreing up the line is a good point. Ten games into the year, and they're starting to give 'Decent' pass protection, and 'Decent' run blocking, granted the Ram's game was with back-up's on the right side. Seem's like I seen Miller helping out alot on that side to help open up the run game on that side, or be a safety valve for TJ. Forsetts run in particular

Reaction score
I think Miller will be blocking all day, trying to help contain Orakpo and Kerrigan... those two are going to bring the house all day.

Has anyone noticed there hasn't been too much pressure from the middle and there haven't been too many bad snaps or false starts from my man Unger?? I think he's blossoming into a good solid center.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Miller will be blocking all day, trying to help contain Orakpo and Kerrigan... those two are going to bring the house all day.

Has anyone noticed there hasn't been too much pressure from the middle and there haven't been too many bad snaps or false starts from my man Unger?? I think he's blossoming into a good solid center.
I've been thinking the same thing, and he just looks far more active at the position than Spencer was at the same point in his career.

Getting back to quarterbacks though, here's how I look at it:
Hasselbeck, good quarterback, 3ooo yards are so per season minimum, 3000 yrds/16 games = 187.5 yrds per game.
Tom Brady, very good quarterback, 4000 yards are so per season minimum, 4000 yrds/16 games = 250 yrds per game.
Jackson, the new quarterback, 1921 yards so far this season, 1900/10 games = 190 yrds per game.

That's simplifying it a bit too much of course, as the teams aren't equal on talent, but we haven't lost much yardage here.
Hass had 3,001 yards in 2010 & 3,029 yards in 2009 & 1,216 in 2008. So when you look at it from that perspective...
How does Jackson look now?

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
"Still believe we are one o-lineman away from a full house. Never have seen a bad QB behind a great offensive line. Carpenter could be a treat at LG if the right RT came along in the draft. Just one more possibility"

Moffit was looking to develop alot quiker than Carpenter was IMHO. Heck, Carpenter was starting to get it together before the injury. I really think they were starting to jell at the Right O side. Bummer they both had to go down in the same week (or any time, for that matter) to keep learning how to play with each other. Another good Rookie ROLineman wouldn't hurt by any means to have some depth when the injury bug hits. Guess that's going to happen, at some point in the season, so shoreing up the line is a good point. Ten games into the year, and they're starting to give 'Decent' pass protection, and 'Decent' run blocking, granted the Ram's game was with back-up's on the right side. Seem's like I seen Miller helping out alot on that side to help open up the run game on that side, or be a safety valve for TJ. Forsetts run in particular
Agreed. I've got nothing but praise for Miller. Damned good acquisition.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
...and why does my virous software continue to block out the seahawks huddle home page? Any clues what it's about?

Reaction score
A while back we were having issues with certain web browsers flagging the site as an attack site. That was fixed though.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
We've got to straight wins and it will be interesting to see how we handle Washington @home. I can't imagine we do anything different. Run the ball a lot with lynch and a few trick plays to try and hit a homerun. Defense plays tough against run and pass. We try and reduce penalties and eliminate turnovers. I actually expect the game to be close unless bad-rex or bad-tav show up...

Top Bottom