• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Notice anything?

S

Seattlehawk94

Anyone else realize this is almost the same sked as the one we played in 2005 flip flopped? Only difference is home and away....Hmmmmm

Suoerbowl????

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
No offense dude, but what??
What in the hell is a sked? Schedule?
No superbowl, our offensive line is nothing it was in 05...gotta be positive AND realistic. SB ain't this year...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Uh......Yeah, a "sked" is a common shorthand term from "schedule" been used by many sportswriters since long before I was around..

As for Superbowl...Why not? If the Desert Parakeets can get there, why not us?

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Uh......Yeah, a "sked" is a common shorthand term from "schedule" been used by many sportswriters since long before I was around..

As for Superbowl...Why not? If the Desert Parakeets can get there, why not us?

Right...

And for the Superbowl, because of the reason I listed in my first response, do I really need to repeat it? Our offensive line is arguably one of the worst in the league. It looks alright now in pre-season, but we'll see when we have the Titans, Bears and Vikings trying to kill our boy Matt....
Don't get it twisted, I love the Hawks, but if you expect a Super Bowl appearance you're in for quite the let down...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Right...

Ah, you don't get sports lingo so that makes it untrue? :lol: I know plenty of people PAID to work in sports and sked has always been shorthand for schedule. Funny that we've used that term here many times in the past and most people got it..

As for a Superbowl, yeah...Damn right I EXPECT it...After the last year of my life I realized waiting and waiting and hoping and dreaming of a title isn't worth it...There are plenty of people who hoped and dreamed for a Red Sox World Series title that have "2004 World Champions" t-shirts on their graves put there by family and friends who lived to see it...I don't want to be one of those people that have their grandkids putting shit on their graves because they weren't around for a title...I want to be able to savor it myself...So yeah, I expect to win because you don't know if you'll be around when it MIGHT happen..

BTW, were you on the old Huddle by any chance?

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Right...

Ah, you don't get sports lingo so that makes it untrue? :lol: I know plenty of people PAID to work in sports and sked has always been shorthand for schedule. Funny that we've used that term here many times in the past and most people got it..

As for a Superbowl, yeah...Damn right I EXPECT it...After the last year of my life I realized waiting and waiting and hoping and dreaming of a title isn't worth it...There are plenty of people who hoped and dreamed for a Red Sox World Series title that have "2004 World Champions" t-shirts on their graves put there by family and friends who lived to see it...I don't want to be one of those people that have their grandkids putting shit on their graves because they weren't around for a title...I want to be able to savor it myself...So yeah, I expect to win because you don't know if you'll be around when it MIGHT happen..

BTW, were you on the old Huddle by any chance?
Well, Despite following Sports for a number of years, I haven't frequented Sports Message boards till this year, so sorry I missed it. MY bad. It's certainly not used on any NBA message boards, and I'm in Orlando, and can't stand the lack of Hawk lovers so I came to this forum.

And i'm assuming you know of the curse of the Bambino? That was 86 years bud, not 4, you can't equate us losing the SB and the Red Sox Curse, just not happening.

I appreciate your optimism brotha' ;) , I really do. I just felt the need to mention the realities of our Football team, but, i've done that, so i'm done with repeating myself. Let's just root our boys on.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Amen to that....

No worries....NBA types don't really use the baseball and football lingos as much, I've noticed that in my travels, different types of writers, reporters, and media relations people...They are more "new age" media who's version of "old time" is saying they saw Magic Johnson take on Larry Bird..Football and baseball guys are oldtimers who drink Beam and waters and talk about John Unitas and Ted Williams.

Glad you came here! We actually had an Orlando Hawkfan on here before so you aren't alone down there...Kinda thought you might have been him for a second! Glad to have an FLA guy giving us some rep down there.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the site! We are happy to have ya!

NBA....LOL...We don't give them much love up here after what's happened to us...About the only NBA talk we do is rooting for the Blunder to lose...

As for the curse....4 years isn't 80+...But....Let's just say when we do win it I'm going to have to do what Soxfans did in 2004....And if you told me that 4 years ago I wouldn't have ever believed it...4 years isn't 80+, but it's a lifetime for some...I don't want to wait...

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Amen to that....

No worries....NBA types don't really use the baseball and football lingos as much, I've noticed that in my travels, different types of writers, reporters, and media relations people...They are more "new age" media who's version of "old time" is saying they saw Magic Johnson take on Larry Bird..Football and baseball guys are oldtimers who drink Beam and waters and talk about John Unitas and Ted Williams.

Glad you came here! We actually had an Orlando Hawkfan on here before so you aren't alone down there...Kinda thought you might have been him for a second! Glad to have an FLA guy giving us some rep down there.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the site! We are happy to have ya!

NBA....LOL...We don't give them much love up here after what's happened to us...About the only NBA talk we do is rooting for the Blunder to lose...

As for the curse....4 years isn't 80+...But....Let's just say when we do win it I'm going to have to do what Soxfans did in 2004....And if you told me that 4 years ago I wouldn't have ever believed it...4 years isn't 80+, but it's a lifetime for some...I don't want to wait...

Hell ya dude, and I appreciate it! Hopefully this site will get poppin' when the season starts...And yah, that makes sense about the NBA and NFL/MLB types using different wording and what not, and actually the NBA sites are pretty damn hostile, the friendliness on here is pretty refreshing. I'm liking it!

And I'll definitely Rep the Hawks down here, I plan to sport a Tatupu/Housh jersey every Sunday, week in, week out at the local bar.

And yah NBA, so lame our Sonics got stolen...especially since its THE only Seattle team to bring a championship home... I've since adopted the Magic as my NBA team and they have Lewis who was a Sonic...and I hear you on not wanting to wait, because now TWO of my teams almost tasted it...I truly hope both Hawks and Magic can get the ship within the next 5 or so years...

All in all, you are RIGHT because seriously, Cardinals are the LAST team that I'd ever expect to make it and it just seemed like a fluke...and they almost won it! Anything is truly possible and that is the beauty of the NFL.

Lets GO HAWKS.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Always correct people on this one but...We do have a Stanley Cup win also.. :D

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Damn, my Bad, didn't know about hockey or the storm...I dont mean to get off topic, but did the sounders just win a championship or was that just some tournament? Cause than thats 4, sonics, nhl team, storm and sounders...just gotta get our M's and Hawks in contention....

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Sounders won the US Open Cup....

It's just one of the Majors you can win in soccer in the USA:

US Open Cup (Open to all US Professional Soccer teams, gives you a spot in CONCACAF Champions League which is all Club Champions from North America and a chance to qualify in the Club World Cup)
MLS Cup (MLS Championship)
MLS Championship Shield (Regular Season Best Record)

Reaction score
Walddo said:
Damn, my Bad, didn't know about hockey or the storm...I dont mean to get off topic, but did the sounders just win a championship or was that just some tournament? Cause than thats 4, sonics, nhl team, storm and sounders...just gotta get our M's and Hawks in contention....
The M's should be there in a few years. Jack Z. is doing a great job so far.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I try not to think about the Storm...lol

As for the Hockey team....It didn't win the 1st Stanley Cup...They were however the 1st team from the United States of America to hoist and drink from Lord Stanley's Chalice winning it in 1917 over the Yankees of hockey the Montreal Canadians (how many other cities can even claim to have won a Stanley Cup Finals Series over the Habs? Not many)...

They played in the Finals in 1917, 1919 (Series with Habs ended in a tie 2-2-1, and we had a great shot of winning the series on home ice but Joe Hall a HOFer for the Habs died of the Flu Pandemic and forced the series to be cancelled..Only time before the 1year lockout that the Cup wasn't awarded), and 1920 (a 3-2 Series loss to the Ottawa Senators).

The Metropolitans, Metros, or the common name Mets (we had the Mets' long before NY did!), never played in the NHL...The NHL was the Eastern League at that time, we played in the Pacific Coast Hockey League (PCHL) which played by "Western Rules" 6 skaters and a Goalie (Eastern Rules were the standard 5) which was really like the AL and NL DH rule...The Stanley Cup back then was really an West vs East showdown World Series type deal..

Another note...Before the Ducks won the Stanley Cup a couple of years back the last time a team from the Pacific Time Zone tasted the victory of a Champion were the Victoria Cougars in 1925...Kinda funny eh? At one time little Victoria hosted the World Champions..

This is all off the top of my head so if any of the dates were wrong sorry...

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Walddo said:

Yeah even playoff less, we've still made a good turnaround, and hopefully Ackley will be our next Franchise OF/Slugger...

Reaction score
Walddo said:
phaZe said:
Walddo said:

Yeah even playoff less, we've still made a good turnaround, and hopefully Ackley will be our next Franchise OF/Slugger...

We're not out of the wild card yet, but it doesn't look good...

And our next franchise OF/slugger is Franklin Gutierrez.. He's not quite there yet, but he will be.

Reaction score
It's possible for the M's to make the playoffs, but it's not going to be easy. They have to win every game left in the season to have a chance or have the Angels/Red Sox/Rays/Rangers all began to lose like crazy and the Mariners win most of the games left. Again, not impossible, but not likely.

...And damn, I have Matt Hasselbeck following my twitter account. He is only following 234 people too. And no, it's not a fake Hasselbeck, it's the real one. :D

Top Bottom