• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No more lockout... what does this mean?!

Reaction score
I heard judge Judy overruled lockout... what does this mean?

Forgive my ignorance, but football law is not my field of expertise.

Are the owners appealing it? If so, what does that mean?

Also, can teams return to negotiating contracts or is that still a no-go until a new CBA is reached?

Let a brother know.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
From what I understand (I am no expert either) the lockout has been lifted, but the owners immediately requested for a stay (appeal to block the lift of the lockout). As of right now there can still be no transactions until the judge decides on the stay. If she does not grant the stay, which is what is expected, then teams SHOULD be able to make transactions. Then I understand the owners will ask for a stay from the 8th circuit if she does not grant the stay. If the stay is granted, then we are looking at a few more months of lockout. The decision is supposed to be made by tomorrow morning.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Also, the players asked judge Nelson to force NFL owners to start the league year. The judge ordered the owners to respond by 5pm tomorrow.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Players can enter the facility's , collect their workout bonuses which was the issue anyway not working out. They should be able to get treatment and workouts in the next few days . The case is only about the lockout and if it's legal at this time . The owners appeal could take months, and then they could get back to the CBA after that , if not it drags out and being that they NFL built the schedule in a way to miss the first three weeks and still play all the games I would say this is going to end later then sooner. FAs , draft picks will be in limbo until either the come to an agreement or a court order forces someones hand

Players want to ruin football as it is right now , they want to come and go from team to team whomever pays them , end the draft and make it a bidding war amongst the teams and the only good part might be that Paul Allen has the pockets to buy us a team , but never the less these players want complete control of the game .

Idahawk

Reaction score
As of right now the The players have until 10 am ET wed to reply to NFLs requests to uphold the lockout

And the NFL has until 6 pm wed to answer to the judges ruling ending the lock out and starting the leagues season which would start free agency , so we could have a few answers tomorrow !!!

Idahawk

Reaction score
I see Steve Smith Carolina , cleaned out his locker and luxury suite and wants a trade . So he joins Palmer and that's just the beginning , wait till they all start picking and choosing where they want to play ! It's coming

Top Bottom