• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Draft in less than two weeks......

Reaction score
GET EXCITED!!!

This forum is way too dead for how close we are to the draft!

We've got two picks in the top 15, a 2nd, two 4th and 5th rounders and a 6th and 7th...

I think PC and co. can do some damage this year?

My picks for entire draft...

#6: Okung or Berry
#14: Derrick Morgan or Trent Williams
2nd Round: Mardy Gilyard or Carlos Dunlap
4th (1st): Jacoby Ford
4th (2nd): LaGarrette Blount
5th (1st): Walter Thurmond
5th (2nd): Mike Johnson

idk about 6th and 7th... whatever positions weren't filled earlier.. don't know much about anyone slotted to go that late..

Chime in people... aggressively!

Reaction score
6th. Eric Berry
14th. C.J. Spiller

I think Alex Gibbs can find some good lineman outside the 1st round, but if Okung is there at 6th the Seahawks have to draft him. With the 14th pick I went with C.J. Spiller because Pete Carroll wants someone who can be a playmaker and score TDs and that's what Spiller can do.

Reaction score
One i think it should be more like this.

#6: Okung or Berry
#14: Derrick Morgan or Trent Williams
2nd Round: Mardy Gilyard or Carlos Dunlap
4th (1st):Jordan Shipley
4th (2nd): LaGarrette Blount

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
The more and more I think about it the more I like passing on Berry at #6 and taking C.J. Spiller instead. I'm not sure if Spiller is going to be there at #14 and I believe he will make the most impact in his rookie year and we need a player like him. I say Charles Brown at #14, I know most of you don't agree, that's fine. Here's the rest of my draft assuming how my #6 and #14 go.

2nd Round: Geno Atkins - DT
4th Round #1: Carlton Mitchell - WR
4th Round #2: Mike Johnson - G
5th Round #1: Daniel Te'o-Nesheim - DE
5th Round #2: Myron Rolle - S

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree CJ may not be there at 14, but if we take him over Berry i'll be furious. That would be the single most idiotic move this new FO has taken.

What I hope for
#6 Berry or Okung
#14 CJ if we get Okung, T. Williams if we get Berry.

The rest of the picks im not sure because I dont know where everyone is ranked, and can't off the top of my head guess who will still be available in the 2nd, 4th and so forth...

I'll kinda be mad if we take Berry and then CJ, just because that Offensive line is bar none the biggest priority. I can't take another season of Matt getting destroyed.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
1. Bryan Bulaga/Trent Williams (You address LT and get a franchide OT)
1. Derrick Morgan (Phenom player with Pro-Bowl capability and can be used for when Kerney is done)
2. Chad Jones (Addresses safety position)
4. Kyle Calloway (Throw him on the line with Williams and others)
4. Javier Arenas (Addresses Seconday)
5. Jordan Shipley (Addresses Nate Burleson loss)

And so we don't take Spiller, so what? Give Forsett a chance! You all seem to have forgotten what he did when he was an exclusive RB on a bad team. He posted 123 yards on 17 carries with a TD. In case you can't do the math, that's 7.2 yards a carry. With Williams and Calloway, he can be so much more.

Reaction score
Why is everyone so high on Spiller?! I think he's got talent, but RB is not a top of our need right now. I know I might hear some haters, but if we improve our line I think Forsett could be a talented RB. I thought that's all that Julius needed, but with him aging it doesn't look it. I think we need to go OT with our 6th or 14th pick. If we get OT at 6 than maybe if Spiller is available you take him or even see about trading out of the spot. I also think secondary is a problem of concern as well as DT if we're making the switch to a 3-4 defense.

Reaction score
Hawk096;47001 said:
Why is everyone so high on Spiller?! I think he's got talent, but RB is not a top of our need right now. I know I might hear some haters, but if we improve our line I think Forsett could be a talented RB. I thought that's all that Julius needed, but with him aging it doesn't look it. I think we need to go OT with our 6th or 14th pick. If we get OT at 6 than maybe if Spiller is available you take him or even see about trading out of the spot. I also think secondary is a problem of concern as well as DT if we're making the switch to a 3-4 defense.

i very much agree with you.... on all counts... i personally love Forsett and would love to see him start next year... JJ is old... so i do think we should get a power back (Blount) later in the draft...

I like Blount, because if it wasnt for the "incident" he would be a top rated back... so we could get top quality for a late pick with him... and i think he would be a perfect complement to Forsett.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;46985 said:
The more and more I think about it the more I like passing on Berry at #6 and taking C.J. Spiller instead. I'm not sure if Spiller is going to be there at #14 and I believe he will make the most impact in his rookie year and we need a player like him. I say Charles Brown at #14, I know most of you don't agree, that's fine. Here's the rest of my draft assuming how my #6 and #14 go.

Sig, I've been with you on Brown since January. He's one of the few OTs that will be able to step in and start on day 1 for Seattle. Okung of course, BUT GET REAL!!! There is NO WAY he'll be there at 6. Detroit, WA, and KC all need OTs. He won't slide past all three of them now that the Redskins have McNabb. As for Spiller - that is too high to draft a PT back. He will have durability issues. Shore up our DBs a little and get a power back like Blount later.

Oh - and we have 2 7th round picks...

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry... I've been trying to forget about that. A 7th round pick that we could have used on someone that could have made the team to pick up a camp guy. Nice!

Reaction score
Hawk096;47001 said:
If Spiller is there at 14 it will be hard to pass up on him.

Reaction score
Heres mine:

UPDATED

1st:Brian Baluga
1st:Derrick Morgan
2nd:Mardy Gilyard
4th:Darrel Stuckey
4th:Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
5th:Mike Johnson
5th:James Starks
6th:Antonio Brown
7th:(Trade up?)

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I still like mine best :p no offense. To all who say Berry and then Spiller, you're out of your mind. Both are gret but we HAVE TO address LT and DE. Bulaga/Williams then Morgan for sure. Although if by some chance we sign Wilkerson, look for us to take Thomas/Mays in the draft. That's what i'm predicting. I hinestly think we pass on Spiller to be realistic. There are to many other needs and by the way...Defense wins games.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;47008 said:
sigpro;46985 said:

Sig, I've been with you on Brown since January. He's one of the few OTs that will be able to step in and start on day 1 for Seattle. Okung of course, BUT GET REAL!!! There is NO WAY he'll be there at 6. Detroit, WA, and KC all need OTs. He won't slide past all three of them now that the Redskins have McNabb. As for Spiller - that is too high to draft a PT back. He will have durability issues. Shore up our DBs a little and get a power back like Blount later.

Oh - and we have 2 7th round picks...

Did you really just say we need another power back??? Isn't Ganther and Forsett enough??? Oh and how can you say he's going to be injured? You're insane. DBs can be drafted in the later rounds and do just fine. LT first for sure. Trent Williams will be there are can for sure be our franchise tackle we NEED...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;47028 said:
D Hawk;47008 said:
Did you really just say we need another power back??? Isn't Ganther and Forsett enough??? Oh and how can you say he's going to be injured? You're insane. DBs can be drafted in the later rounds and do just fine. LT first for sure. Trent Williams will be there are can for sure be our franchise tackle we NEED...
Ganther is not a good solution for any type of back. He is a situational back at best and will probably be used in special teams too. So ya a true power back that can actually produce would not be bad. DBs can be drafted later in the draft, but not Eric Berry. He is the best safety to come out of the draft probably in the last 7 years. You just dont pass on those type of players when you have the shot at getting them, unless the best LT in the draft fell to us (Okung). It is still up in the air on whether Trent Williams can even play LT in the NFL, to take him at 6 in my opinion would be stupid. I know everyone like yourself falls in love with combine statistics and he had a great combine and showed the athleticism to play LT. But i have news for you, football is different then testing on a track and doing a vertical leap. Have you ever seen a time when a lineman ran 40 yards in a straight line? If Okung doesnt fall to us at 6 and Mccoy is off the board as well, Berry is the guy we have to take. Then we take a LT with the 14th pick whether that be Williams (who may fall that far), Davis, or Brown.Like someone stated before, look at what the Patriots and Colts have done by drafting best player available.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I just want to be on record - even though it gives me "credit" for that quote above, that was a reply to my comments. Ganther and Forsett aren't enough, and I said Spiller will have durability issues, not that he'll be injured. There is a big difference, and every RB over the last 10 years has shown what happens to RBs in the modern era... especially small backs. And yes - you can get OK DBs in later rounds, but nothing like Berry. OH - and I was the one that made the Pats / Colts BPA argument as opposed to stretching for an OT at 6.

To defend the overlooking combine arguments... remember last year when Oher was THE MAN after the season? Then the combine hit and people started having 2nd thoughts... Oher fell and what happened? Now we are seeing the same thing with people being all high on Williams and Okung maybe slipping. Big mistake...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya i dont know why it has your name for that quote it was 12thManFan that i was quoting. I completely agree with you. People that are so high on Williams and Campbell probably first heard of him when they saw the combine or saw the results. The combine does not hardly translate to the games in the NFL. The best measure for a player is from film.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;47102 said:
Youtube highlights don't qualify as film...
I never said they did and have never made any reference to me personally watching film. I was saying that going off of combine numbers is no way to evaluate the way a guy can play. Its called watching college football anyways, something people that like football and like to evaluate players do. Every analyst wouldnt say that this guy may not be able to play LT in the league if they hadnt seen something from watching film on him. And I am pretty sure they are not watching youtube videos. I am not the one that posted a youtube video to try and say that it is film so how about you actually read the whole thread before making a comment.

Top Bottom