• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL.com mock

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Jets have just contacted Denver about Cutler :shock:

I also saw where detriot is talking contact with the OL Smith, could be a smokescreen ...cause it said they were also taking contract with Stafford and another OL.....And I just read that the Jets were working out Sanchez....so they are dealing for a QB

Our pick at 4 could be very valuable to a team

Reaction score
I kind of like this idea, It would give the Hawks more picks and might have us actually drafting in a better place as far as our needs vs. value of players we could use. I still like the Idea of Eugene Monroe in Hawk blue, or contrary to popular opinion Stafford as the EVENTUAL (hope not for at least 3 years) heir apparent to Matt. I've seen Curry dropping in some mocks and I would not be dissapointed to get him if available also. (we could then maybe trade Wallace to a team that needs a QB?). But If we drop we could be in a good place for a top RB.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
[quote="Idahawk"

I also saw where detriot is talking contact with the OL Smith, could be a smokescreen ...cause it said they were also taking contract with Stafford and another OL.....And I just read that the Jets were working out Sanchez....so they are dealing for a QB

Our pick at 4 could be very valuable to a team[/quote]

They also had Curry in this weekend.

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
If we waste this #4 on a QB the line will start behind me for kicking our GM's butt. We have needs to fill at WR and RB.

Trade down is the *best* idea unless Curry is available or unless Crabtree is the real deal. If Curry is there we have to pick him, he is the real deal. Crabtree might be, plus we'd be saving him from Raider's hell, so he'd be greatful right?

:D

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
So where does Crabtree go then? JAX? I see Maclin as a good bet for Raiders. But crabtree is about the same talent, no?

Forget the raiders, they will find a way to suck. What do the Hawks do? Sounds like move down. Who wants to move up?

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
[quote="Idahawk"

Our pick at 4 could be very valuable to a team

They also had Curry in this weekend.[/quote]

...pretty irrelevant. They brought in ALL top talent. ALSO looked at Matt Stafford's high school tapes and even started structuring a contract for the kid. Just goes to show nothing matters until that ink hits the paper.

Idahawk

Reaction score
To be in our position in the draft is sweet...we don't have any glaring needs and could take what falls in our laps..or just go cheap and trade down...either way.....we are in the drivers seat..we are not hurting for any position....." Lets make a Deal " and come out of this with a shit pot full of rooks and maybe a diamond in the rough....rather then spend big bucks on one guy and get a bust.......

Reaction score
I think that the Jets are the most likely possibility to trade with. The only way that happens is for Stafford to drop to four. The other less likely possibility is that if one of the two top tackles drops and a team thinks that they need him bad enough to sell the farm. I'm getting tired of people saying that we have to trade down like its baseball cards or something. We do need a running back, and guess what, there will likely be a very talented one in the beginning of the second round.
My personal top order of best scenarios with the #4 pick in order of really happy to pretty of happy are
1. OL either Monroe or Smith. The reason being that the value of the left tackle position is off the charts nowadays, and that is the anchor of the line and the protector of our QB. Hopefully we won't draft this high again anytime soon, so get while the getting is good.
2. Curry. We don't really need him, but he is by all accounts likely to be a superstar.
3. Stafford. I think and hope that Matt has lots of time left ( I acknowledge my man crush on him), and even if he most likely does, this could be good because many QBs suffer IMO from getting thrust into the starting job. I know that great QBs have come from late in the draft, but the QB is the number one most important position on the field. You cannot in this day and age win a Superbowl without at least a very very good one. I was at first under the impression that Stafford would bust in the NFL, but the more I read and watch about him the more I think he won't.
4. Trade down if value is appropriate.
5. Crabtree

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
To be in our position in the draft is sweet...we don't have any glaring needs and could take what falls in our laps..or just go cheap and trade down...either way.....we are in the drivers seat..we are not hurting for any position....." Lets make a Deal " and come out of this with a shit pot full of rooks and maybe a diamond in the rough....rather then spend big bucks on one guy and get a bust.......
Yep, all good scenarios.

Top Bottom