• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFC West

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It was very recent that the winning the NFC West was almost used as an insult, the division was so weak. Gone are those days. No team in the division is under .500.

Here's to hoping we can continue to have pride in a division that stays over .500. It all starts this Thursday. Go Cards!!!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
What good is having pride in the division if the wrong team wins the division title?

Go Hawks!!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
What good is having pride in the division if the wrong team wins the division title?

Go Hawks!!

That's a fine point band, last year we were a Rams tie game away from knocking them out, winning the division tacking home field advantage and crushing the 9ers.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I want to crush the division. I want them all to suck. But that's just me. :)

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
That's a fine point band, last year we were a Rams tie game away from knocking them out, winning the division tacking home field advantage and crushing the 9ers.
And the year before we were only a couple of muffed ST plays away from the superbowl. But as they say, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
But as they say, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

All this talk about five Super Bowls, or who won the division the most times in the last 10 years: I just dismiss it all out of hand. The only thing that matters is that neither the current Niner team or current Seahawk team has won ANYTHING. The only thing that matters to me is winning one this year. Anything less? Well, as they also say, second place is the first loser.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
And the year before we were only a couple of muffed ST plays away from the superbowl. But as they say, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Close counts if you know the truth. Sometimes you get it all right and still get burned, but I don't expect you to understand.

As you say SF, your team has trophies which you have made a point to remind us of on more than one occasion. You can't understand what it is like to follow a team for over 30 years and watch them finally emerge only to get screwed in their only superbowl appearance by dirty refs. To hear the announcer (Chris Collingsworth) say "The better team didn't win today" multiple times during the game. But that is the world we know.

Get to know Richard Sherman and you might start to understand.

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Close counts if you know the truth. Sometimes you get it all right and still get burned, but I don't expect you to understand.

As you say SF, your team has trophies which you have made a point to remind us of on more than one occasion. You can't understand what it is like to follow a team for over 30 years and watch them finally emerge only to get screwed in their only superbowl appearance by dirty refs. To hear the announcer (Chris Collingsworth) say "The better team didn't win today" multiple times during the game. But that is the world we know.

Get to know Richard Sherman and you might start to understand.
Non-interference call in the last superbowl made the difference between 5-1 and 6-0. So, I have an idea.

But all kidding aside, IMO, the Seahawks are the Niners' biggest hurdle to get to number 6. I think one of our teams gets it this time around.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I wish I was as optimistic. Between Denver and the Colts (beating us both), things aren't as clear as they were at the beginning of the season.

Should be an interesting game in Indy this week with Peytons return.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The AFC seems to have the mojo this year. But that also means that it shouldn't be as tough this year to win the NFC than it has in the past.
As for Indy, I think the Hawks are just a better team. Call me crazy but I think the Niners are too and if they were to play again on the same field, my money would go on SF this time. They ran into a tough stretch there a couple games but they seem to be a different team now.
As for Denver? I've probably said enough about them. They got Champ Bailey back and now Von Miller's back too. If that team starts playing some serious D, look out. As far as the AFC goes I still only see Denver as upsetting the status quo that had the Hawks and Niners on top to start the season. But I'll find out if I'm wrong about that when that game in Indy comes up as well as the upcoming Denver/KC matchups.

Reaction score
I wish I was as optimistic. Between Denver and the Colts (beating us both), things aren't as clear as they were at the beginning of the season.

Should be an interesting game in Indy this week with Peytons return.
When did we lose to Denver??

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
The AFC seems to have the mojo this year. But that also means that it shouldn't be as tough this year to win the NFC than it has in the past.
As for Indy, I think the Hawks are just a better team. Call me crazy but I think the Niners are too and if they were to play again on the same field, my money would go on SF this time. They ran into a tough stretch there a couple games but they seem to be a different team now.
As for Denver? I've probably said enough about them. They got Champ Bailey back and now Von Miller's back too. If that team starts playing some serious D, look out. As far as the AFC goes I still only see Denver as upsetting the status quo that had the Hawks and Niners on top to start the season. But I'll find out if I'm wrong about that when that game in Indy comes up as well as the upcoming Denver/KC matchups.

I don't know. Remember when the Pats went 16-0, Brady had something like 50 TDs. They seemed invincible. Until the Superbowl rolled around, that is.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know. Remember when the Pats went 16-0, Brady had something like 50 TDs. They seemed invincible. Until the Superbowl rolled around, that is.

No team is invincible, I don't imply anyone is. But it took some wicked defensive play by the Giants to knock that Patriot team off its perch. Oftentimes the Giants went with a 3-man rush while throwing the kitchen sink back in pass coverage. The Chargers and Jags tried the same thing but the Giants were able to still consistently get pressure on Brady with a limited rush while the Chargers and Jags couldn't. The other thing that made it possible was the popgun running game the Pats had that year. But even then it took some miracle heroics by Eli and the catch by Tyree to pull it off.

If this Denver team has a weak running game and their defense remains at the level it's at now, then it'll be possible to beat them. But they had a top five defense last year so wouldn't that be their upside this year too? And their running game: Moreno's burning it up at least as much as opportunities have allowed. I guess we'll see.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It was very recent that the winning the NFC West was almost used as an insult

You wouldn't believe how many Niner fans mention the Hawks' 7-9 division title a few years back as an insult or as a one-up in any discussion about the two teams. As if winning the division that year was somehow worse than losing the division in a year where 7 wins was all it took to get it done.

The division isn't looking as strong so far this year as people thought it would coming in. But it's still arguably the best division in the league and the Rams might be about to get on a roll after their blowout win in Houston last week.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Looks like I was drinking and posting again:laugh:

I guess you call that a PUI. Been guilty of that myself a few times and posted some pretty wacked out stuff when looking back on it later :laugh:

Top Bottom