• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My take on the disaster at Qwest

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Like you I was totally baffled that Lynch, very active in the first drive, sat for the next couple of possessions.
At first I thought he was winded.

The we come out and throw 3 deep balls and go 3 and out.
This team isnt equipt to go deep, 1. We dont have the horses 2. We dont have the protection 3. Matt is certianly not that guy, as much as J. Bates wants him to be.

The ding and dunk and run stradegy worked much better.

Matt 2 TD 8 INT in 3 games, that says it all right there.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;52468 said:
Like you I was totally baffled that Lynch, very active in the first drive, sat for the next couple of possessions.
At first I thought he was winded.

The we come out and throw 3 deep balls and go 3 and out.
This team isnt equipt to go deep, 1. We dont have the horses 2. We dont have the protection 3. Matt is certianly not that guy, as much as J. Bates wants him to be.

The ding and dunk and run stradegy worked much better.

Matt 2 TD 8 INT in 3 games, that says it all right there.

During the Holmgren years very rarely did we throw deep. It was always slants, quick outs, hitches, deep slants very rarely would we throw fade routes.

I just don't get it I mean that first drive we made it look easy with short simple throws and Lynch running then we just go away from that rest of the half and even game.

S

Seattlehawk94

They called SLUGGO about 3-4 times a game under Holmgren when personal was there.....

I just don't get calling a SLUGGO 3 fucking times in a row...

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
man if 1or2 plays woulda went differently it might have been whole dif game... specifically both 4th downs and those fumbles

S

Seattlehawk94

LaceyBALL3R360;52520 said:
man if 1or2 plays woulda went differently it might have been whole dif game... specifically both 4th downs and those fumbles

If those fucking zebras learned to spot a ball right, we'd have had a 7-0 lead, momentum, and possession of the ball...Might've changed the whole game.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52522 said:
If those fucking zebras learned to spot a ball right, we'd have had a 7-0 lead, momentum, and possession of the ball...Might've changed the whole game.

The Turner spot was close but there was NO WAY Ryan got that inch. He was blown up and pushed backwards.

I think Thurmond was also hurt and I don't know why Cox was on White on so many plays. Put Jennings(who sucks), Babineaux or Thomas on him not some guy who should be on a practice squad.

S

Seattlehawk94

Can't put Thomas on him...There would be no help over the top if they did that..

ET was pissed after that game....Talked to him and he made a couple of choice comments about it....

Reaction score
kdawg2980;52525 said:
The Turner spot was close but there was NO WAY Ryan got that inch. He was blown up and pushed backwards.
They didn't have enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

kdawg2980;52525 said:
I think Thurmond was also hurt and I don't know why Cox was on White on so many plays. Put Jennings(who sucks), Babineaux or Thomas on him not some guy who should be on a practice squad.
Yeah, I don't understand why they put Cox on White either. I know Jennings sucks, but he's better than Cox.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52498 said:
They called SLUGGO about 3-4 times a game under Holmgren when personal was there.....

I just don't get calling a SLUGGO 3 fucking times in a row...

Because we have a 20 year old who has no business being an NFL coach calling plays like he's playing Madden out there.

Bates is a douche, there is a reason he was no longer with the Broncos and coaching in college last year. Pete needs to find another OC this year.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52559 said:
Bates is a douche, there is a reason he was no longer with the Broncos and coaching in college last year. Pete needs to find another OC this year.

That may be because they got another douche in there at Denver (McDanniels)... lol

I honestly can't separate what is the OC's fault and what is Hasselbeck or whoever's fault. Some of the calls seem pretty outrageous, but maybe that's not how Bates intended them to be. The only reason I'm sticking up for the guy is because he's putting our 3rd system in 3 years in. I don't really want to go to 4 in 4 years (see: San Francisco 49ers).

I dunno. This is a weird time for the Seahawks. Much like the early 90s. Ruskell really fcked us over.

Top Bottom