• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My Super Bowl 45 reaction

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
SeattleSportsBlog: Rodgers leads Packers to Super Bowl win over Steelers 31-25!

I talk about the Packers being smart to draft Rodgers although having Favre. How the 49ers could have had McCarthy and Rodgers pretty easily but didn't. I also talk about how Brady, Manning, Warner and Roethlisberger have lost the last four SB's.

I also give a shout out to the Huddle and encourage people to start posting on here!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good blog kdawg, and nice plug as well.
It definetly seems as though "experience" has been over hyped in recently SB's, its definetly a factor but not the most important.

Going into the game I thought GB was more of a complete team and had more speed and talent w/o doubt. But when Gentle Ben had the ball with 1:46 left in the game, I really got nervous, definetly made it a photo finish. GB secondary and pressure was just too good.. on that day.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I mean I would rather have experience than not but I think it's overated.

Here are the results of first time SB QB's vs QB's with experience starting with Super Bowl #2.

SB II Experienced: Starr, First-Timer Lamonaca Result: Starr won, Experience up 1-0
SB IV Experienced: Dawson, First-Timer Kapp. Result Dawson won, Experience up 2-0

SB V Experienced: Unitas, First-Timer Morton. Result Unitas(he started didn't finish) won, Experience up 3-0
SB VII Experience Griese, First-Timer Killmer. Result Griese won, Experience up 4-0
SB VIII Experience Griese, First-Timer Tarkenton. Result Griese won. Experience up 5-0
SB IX Experience Tarkenton, First-Timer Bradshaw. Result Bradshaw won. Experience up 5-1
SB XI Experience Tarkenton, First-Timer Stabler. Result Stabler won. Experience up 5-2
SB XIV Experience Bradshaw, First-Timer Ferragamo. Result Bradshaw won. Experience up 6-2

SB XIX Experience Montana, First-Timer Marino. Result Montana won. Experience up 7-2
SB XXII Experience Elway, First-Timer Williams. Result Williams won. Experience up 7-3
SB XXIII Experience Montana, First-Timer Esiason. Result Montana won. Experience up 8-3

SB XXVI Experience Kelly, First-Timer Rypian. Result Rypian won. Experience up 8-4
SB XXVII Experience Kelly, First-Timer Aikman. Result Aikman won. Experience up 8-5
SB XXX Experience Aikman, First-Timer O'Donnel. Result Aikman won. Experience up 9-5
SB XXXIII Experience Elway, First-Timer Chandler. Result Elway won. Experience up 10-5

SB XXXVI Experience Warner, First-Timer Brady. Result Brady won. Experience up 10-6
SB XXXVIII Experience Brady, First-Timer Delhoeme. Result Brady won. Experience up 11-6
SB XXXIX Experience Brady, First-Timer McNabb. Result Brady won. Experience up 12-6
SB XLII Experience Brady, First-Timer Eli Manning. Result Eli won. Experience up 12-7
SB XLIV Experience Peyton Manning, First-Timer Brees. Result Brees won. Experience up 12-8
SB XLV Experience Roethlisberger, First-Timer Rodgers. Result Rodgers won. Experience up 12-9

So Experience has the lead as you can see 12-9 but in this decade Experience is only 2-4 against first-timers. Experience is just 4-6 against First-Timers since 1990 as well. Just something to think about for next year.

Oh yes the NFC won the coin toss this year yet again. It's been like 13 or 14 years in a row unbelievable streak.

S

Seattlehawk94

The "Experience" arguement the "experts" use it tired....Look at that list and for the most part--The BETTER TEAM won regardless of their QB....

Alot of those "inexperienced" guys kept their teams in games as well...Ferragamo only played a handfull of games prior to that Superbowl and the LOS ANGELES Rams were actually IN the game well into the 4th Quarter...Only reason they lost was bad DBs letting guys get deep...

Top Bottom