• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My hope...

Reaction score
My hope for the offseason is that Jim Mora and Tim Ruskell are fired. I also hope we hire someone like Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan to coach our team.

We also need to address the O-Line, RB and DB in the draft.

We're in for another loooooooong offseason, boys. Especially if Mora and/or Ruskell are retained.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I 100% COMPLETELY AGREE! I never liked the Jim Mora Hire and Ruskell has made us soft, small and heartless. All the talk of good character guys = Soft and gutless. Sometimes a team just needs some attitude.

MY HOPE:

1. Ruskell goes Bye, Bye!
2. Mora goes Bye, Bye!
3. Mike Holmgren or Charlie Casserly come in run Run Football Operations
4. Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan or Marty Schottenheimer to Coach!
5. Draft Franchise QB and RB in the first round.
6. Rebuild the Offensive line in Free Agency.

** With no cap and Paul Allens Wallet, there is no reason why the Hawks can't build a better O-line!

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
I 100% COMPLETELY AGREE! I never liked the Jim Mora Hire and Ruskell has made us soft, small and heartless. All the talk of good character guys = Soft and gutless. Sometimes a team just needs some attitude.

MY HOPE:

1. Ruskell goes Bye, Bye!
2. Mora goes Bye, Bye!
3. Mike Holmgren or Charlie Casserly come in run Run Football Operations
4. Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan or Marty Schottenheimer to Coach!
5. Draft Franchise QB and RB in the first round.
6. Rebuild the Offensive line in Free Agency.

** With no cap and Paul Allens Wallet, there is no reason why the Hawks can't build a better O-line!
Gruden extended his contract with ESPN which is a sign he doesn't want to coach in the near future. I'd only want Cowher out of the rest of the guys you listed. He actually shows emotion and yells at his players when they screw up. Something Mora doesn't do that I've seen, but like Bob said. I doubt Mora will go anywhere. If 2010 is another bad year, maybe, but I'd put the blame on the players and play calling. Not the head coach.

Looking at the 2010 FA's, it looks like we can rebuild this team. Get a better O-Line, better Secondary, better RB and even beef up the D-Line. The only problem is the lack of cap room. Ruskell likes to pay these old, injury prone guys a lot of money and obviously we get nothing out of them...

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
phaZe, I saw on Football Night In America tonight, as they were promoting PFT on nbcsports.com, one of the hot topics is Ruskell's contract, and rumors that Holmgren could come back as our GM. Even though it's rumor, it stokes me that Ruskell could be gone @ season's end. Here's the link:
Ruskell Out? Holmgren In?

Reaction score
Pottsie said:
phaZe, I saw on Football Night In America tonight, as they were promoting PFT on nbcsports.com, one of the hot topics is Ruskell's contract, and rumors that Holmgren could come back as our GM. Even though it's rumor, it stokes me that Ruskell could be gone @ season's end.
Holmgren coming back to the Seahawks makes sense to me. He lives here, his family lives here, he does a lot of charity work here too. He also seemed like good friends with Paul Allen and he knows a lot of the players as well as some of the coaches.

People ask why Holmgren would be a good GM and it's pretty obvious. He's been around football for a very long time. He knows what teams need to be successful. Where you need depth, the type of players you need. I know there's more to being a GM than that, but I think Holmgren will be a significant change for the Seahawks.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
[quote="phaZe"

Looking at the 2010 FA's, it looks like we can rebuild this team. Get a better O-Line, better Secondary, better RB and even beef up the D-Line. The only problem is the lack of cap room. Ruskell likes to pay these old, injury prone guys a lot of money and obviously we get nothing out of them...[/quote]

From everything I read, there will be no cap next year, and I also read that the Union has said, if there is not agreement at the end of this year, there will never be another cap, as we have come to know it.

Personnaly, I think that they need to cap rookies. Put a scale on draft choices, so the guys that have earned it get the money!

As far as Gruden goes, it makes sense for him to accept a multi year deal, but I would bet money that there is a clause that lets him out to coach again. If the right team offers him 3-5 million a year I guarantee he is coaching again. Who better than Holmgren as his GM in Seattle? They have a great relationship I understand. Also, Holmy and Allen are supposedly best friends.

It may be a pipe dream, but its mine! LOL

Reaction score
About the Mora staying another year... If Holmy takes over GM which I think is a very good possibility. I don't know how Holmy views Mora, but if they have some friction he easily could let him go. Gruden worked with him in Green Bay and yes he did sign an extension with ESPN, but is that more so he couldn't go to a place like Buffalo? If Gruden comes back he's going to want to work with the guys he trusts the best after his days from TB and Oakland. Why not bring him into Seattle? I know Hasselbeck is getting older, but Gruden worked with Brett in his days in Green Bay and he would be a fine coach for Matt. Look what he did with Brad Johnson in TB. I also think they need fire! I been saying this over and over again. At times I might not have agreed with everything Holmy did, but he always got the team fired up. Gruden would do that and for a young team we have (at line, LBs and talent on the D-line) it would be good to have a coach who will bark at you after giving up a stupid penatly on 3rd down (ask Cory Redding). Bradley also worked with Gruden in TB and knows what type of D he will run. I think there is a lot of factors pointing in for Gruden to come to Seattle and it might just take sometime, but I think the next place Chucky is calling plays will be in Seattle.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Just like to point out this line from Pottsie's article regarding Holmgren:

His tenure as both G.M. and coach of the Seahawks wasn't successful, and he didn't begin to thrive as head coach until he gave up the General Manager duties.

Don't fall in love with the guy just because he had some successful years as a head coach in Seattle.

Reaction score
18-
Couldn't agree more, but I think if he had just sole focus on his duties he would do well. I think he could be kind of a Bill Parcells type of thing. Parcells isn't listed as the GM, but he gives insight and does a lot of the football mind of stuff.

Top Bottom