• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McCloughan

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Too bad this didn't happen BEFORE we hired our current management so we could have at least had a crack at this guy.

49ers.com said:
In Seattle, McCloughan’s efforts came to fruition when the Seahawks won the NFC Championship in 2005 and made a trip to Super Bowl XL in Detroit to play the Pittsburgh Steelers. On that roster, 25 of the 28 draft picks on McCloughan’s draft scroll were still on the team when he left his post to join the 49ers in 2005.

“I think Scot is one of the bright young talents in this League. I fought like crazy to keep him here,” Seattle Head Coach Mike Holmgren said at the time of McCloughan’s departure.

San Francisco 49ers: Scot McCloughan (Better click before they take it down, lol.)

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Schneider was on the same staff wasn't he? This is just weird to me I always thought MH did all the drafting but it seems everyone on the staff is staking claim of our good picks.

If you read Ted Thompsons BIO on the Packers website it talks about how he is responsible for a majority of the players drafted during our Superbowl run.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Look up the players Holmgren drafted. He was pretty hit or miss. Some of the players he drafted ended up being cornerstones (Shaun Alexander, Hutchinson, etc.), but there were some BIG misses (Lamar King, or pretty much anyone he tried to draft on defense). He got his duties stripped after 2002, and that's when Thompson took over I believe. Still, even with Holmgren as the GM, he had to have scouts for input.

Top Bottom