• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Matt Barklay... Hawks QB of the future?!

Reaction score
Matt Barkley in 2012 draft. What do you guys think?

The kid started as a true freshmen last year and did pretty good. He looks like he's got everything to be a successful NFL QB. He played under Pete at SC, and it seemed as though they had a pretty good coach/QB relationship. He is still young, only 20 and has a ton of upside. IMO he would make a much BETTER NFL QB than Locker would... sorry homers.

Drafting him in the 2012 draft and instead plugging other holes in this years draft seems like a better approach. We're not one good QB away from being good. We are the opposite, we have a pretty good QB and about 10 starters that need replacing.

Draft OL, CB, LB, DT, DE, WR this year and resign Matt to at least 2 years. Draft Barkley next year, and have the original Matty Ice show him the ropes.

What do you guys think??

Reaction score
Pete has shown if he knows you he'll give you a chance, but he will not give you special treatment. If we draft Barkley it's because he's the best qb for us. Going forward.

Moore>Barkley. See I can do that without giving any reasons for why I said it too!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I though it was pretty obvious... didn't think it had to be justified.

Moore (6'0 170 lbs) HE WOULD GET KILLED IN THE NFL. Wouldn't last a full game. Has an ugly throw, everything he throws is an arching floater. He has to step into his throw so damn hard each time because it takes every ounce of 170lbs to get the ball down field. He is smart as shit, I give him that. But he plays in WAC where his receivers are way more athletic than anyone covering them.

Barkley (6'2" 220 lbs). Kid is built like an NFL QB. He plays like an NFL QB. He plays in a PRO style offense - huge for helping transition from college to the pros. Look at his mechanics. Strong arm, accurate, he plays in the PAC-10 which is leaps and bounds above the WAC. He is young, only 20, he has tons of time to learn and improve. The kid was money as a freshman, with at least one more year under his belt he will only improve.

EVERYONE... please vote, would you rather have Matt Barkley QB'ing your Seahawks team in 2 years or Kellen Moore? Please be objective, no eastern washington/idaho biases please.

Reaction score
Moore is more accurate and will bulk up (ala Sam Bradford). He might not have the huge arm, but he understands how to play QB and btw he plays in a "PRO" style offense too.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Don't compare him to Sam Bradford... Bradford is 6'4" 230, he put on like 10 pounds. Moore would have to put on 30 LBs just to be a 200. Next thing you'll do is compare him to Drew Brees cause they are both 6'0". He is accurate at hitting wide open receiver being covered (not) by CBs from Fresno State, New Mexico State, Wyoming, Hawaii, Colorado State and so on.

I'd like to see how many NFL players come out of the WAC every year... 7th round picks and undrafted FA's don't count.

From what I have seen this year and last year, Barkley has everything Moore doesn't to be successful in the NFL.

Thanks Wag your input helps a lot!

Reaction score
Valid points, but I'm not sold on Barkley. What has he done besides lose to UW twice? Lol Moore is a better value considering where he'll be drafted. I do want Titus Young from Boise though.

Btw Ryan Clady, Legadu Naane, CB for the Jets (forgot his name lol), and Ryan Mathews are all recent high round draft picks out of the WAC. And Clady is one of the best in the NFL.

Reaction score
#ONE;52636 said:
Don't compare him to Sam Bradford... Bradford is 6'4" 230, he put on like 10 pounds. Moore would have to put on 30 LBs just to be a 200. Next thing you'll do is compare him to Drew Brees cause they are both 6'0". He is accurate at hitting wide open receiver being covered (not) by CBs from Fresno State, New Mexico State, Wyoming, Hawaii, Colorado State and so on.

I'd like to see how many NFL players come out of the WAC every year... 7th round picks and undrafted FA's don't count.

From what I have seen this year and last year, Barkley has everything Moore doesn't to be successful in the NFL.

Thanks Wag your input helps a lot!

what do you expect both guys are short by NFL standards
Moore is probably 5-10+ and Barkley is what 6-0 to maybe 6-1
remember those are stats put out by their college team.

The number of verygood QB's drop off alot under 6-1

Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling we win next week and set us back another 2+ yrs
we have almost nothing pick wise to trade up this year thanks to the current FO

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52665 said:
Pryor? Really?

compare what he has done vs Barkley

he would be my 4th choice out of those

Moore IMO will be the next Kitna and nothing more
Barkley right now looks like another Clausen

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Pryor lol ...

Dude a lot of hybrid "LaMarcus Russell LeBron Ray Ray Jackson" QBs do a lot in college. When they get to the NFL they don't amount to shit. See J. Russel, Vince Young, Troy Smith etc... Pryor is a poor mans version of Cam Newton.. and you know how I feel about him.

Barkley is not 6'0-1" Have you seen him play, kid is big, plus he is only 20, he is not done growing. 6'2" is average height for an NFL QB.

We will see in a couple years for sure.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
You guys are fucking high! Have any of you seen Barkley play?? Quit basing your opinions on ESPN/Youtube highlights and watch some fucking games.

S

Seattlehawk94

Barkley is a typical University of Spoiled Children QB...An airhead college idiot with no arm and looks even as good as he does because of that system..

He's going to be like Dirty Sanchez (who some of you ALSO wanted), and Carson Daily...He'll be all hype, no hope....

Top Bottom