• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

lockout

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4887844"]Union leader: NFL lockout in 2011 quite possible - ESPN[/ame]

I know I brought this up a few months ago but now I see it in print.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is not good news. If they have a lockout, that will be EXTREMELY bad for the league. I am just hoping this is scare tactics and they get this resolved before it is to late.

Reaction score
I wonder when the NFL and the Players Association will think about the people affected by this. There are a lot of people who work at the stadiums who sell food, do security, sell game apparel and clean up. Then you have transportation which would include bus fares, ferry fares, taxi fares, gas, etc. Then you have to think about how much the stadiums would lose and the local bars, restaurants and fast food restaurants.

The networks would also lose out a lot, especially the one that would be hosting the Super Bowl for the 2011-2012 season.

Reaction score
It's all about the banjamins...

The NFL doesn't give a flying F__K about anyone... as long as they get their $$$.

Same with the players, poor guys will make $3.7mil a year instead of $4.

No sympathy from me when there are thousands upon thousands of unemployeed people out there who can't even feed their kids...

cry me a river...

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
The players Union is also saying they are done with the salary cap. THAT would turn the NFL into MLB and I think they would lose billions on that alone. Also the NFL has the players by the balls. They get 5 billion from TV even if there is a lockout/strike. Supposedly the players were told 3 years ago to set money aside and prepare for a work stoppage in 2011. Player Unions are getting WAY to greedy. I didn't realize they got well over 1/2 the profits. Yet the players union doesn't give a phuck about the old vets.

Reaction score
#ONE;44639 said:
It's all about the banjamins...

The NFL doesn't give a flying F__K about anyone... as long as they get their $$$.

Same with the players, poor guys will make $3.7mil a year instead of $4.

No sympathy from me when there are thousands upon thousands of unemployeed people out there who can't even feed their kids...

cry me a river...

Here, here #1... here FREAKING here baby!

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
I'd need 5k a month so I could save up the money for a couple of new knees

Reaction score
#ONE;44648 said:
I'd play for a few thousands bucks a month....
As would I. :-D

But seriously...if there was no football after this upcoming season, what would they do? Show simulated games using Madden 11?

Top Bottom