• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Local blackouts at Qwest?

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Asked on another thread but no replies. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many times have Hawks games been blacked out since moving to Qwest? Not looking for an exact number but overall idea.

Thanks!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Doubtful. Seahawks are still in the hunt for the division. If the Hawks get mathematically eliminated, we could see a few blackouts. But for now, I think we are going to be good.

Reaction score
Robdog he was asking if there ever has been a blackout at Qwest. Tickets are already sold out for this year. I'm pretty sure Eric is right. Don't think it has ever happened.

Reaction score
Seattle Times - Jan. 2005 said:
The Seahawks' playoff game at home on Saturday against the St. Louis Rams will be aired on local television, the Seahawks announced Thursday.

The NFC game will be broadcast on KOMO (Channel 4) on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled at Qwest Field for 1:30 p.m.

The playoff game was in danger of being blacked out in the Seattle area because about 6,000 tickets remained yesterday, but the NFL extended its deadline 24 hours. By Thursday afternoon, less than 1,000 tickets remained, a sellout by NFL standards.

About 66,000 tickets were purchased over a 72-hour span, giving the Seahawks 16 consecutive home sellouts. Seattle's record over that span, the team's longest string of sellouts since 1992, is 12-3.

Remaining tickets, most of which are $68, can be puchased by calling Ticketmaster at 206-622-4295, on the Web at The Official Site of the Seattle Seahawks or at the Seahawks' box office at Qwest Field.
I haven't found any other games that have been close like this one.

OP
Bru-Hed

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;51636 said:
I haven't found any other games that have been close like this one.

Wow, what a great article. (Though I cannot believe a PLAYOFF game was that close! And to a freakin' division rival?! Must have been lousy weather, terrorist threat or radioactive fallout.) :emoticon-0141-whew:

Thanks a ton for the info, Guys! That will help add ammunition to my "Raiders fans are cheap and lame" rants in the future.
:emoticon-0130-devil

Top Bottom