• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Left Guard

Reaction score
We do seem a little thin at tackle on paper. But after seeing the Hawks shuffle the line last season due to injury and still get high output from the unit, I'm not too worried. In Cable we trust!

I can't find the link but Hugh was on with Softy last week and talked about the offensive line play. He says they'be looked solid through preseason. After watching film, he says Okung is playing at an All Pro level, he'd rate him 9.5, McQuistin is playing like probowler, rate him a 9, Unger is solid at about 8 and the right side is about a 6.5.

Don't miss the days of Lockle!!ar, Spencer, Polumbus, Porkchop at all

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Good to hear Okung is looking strong, hope he can make a full season this year. I'm a little concerned and confused about how and when Carpenter is going to put back into the mix. I think he has potential but was a part of our oline problems during the early part of last season. Doubt he got much better while injured.

I was worried that Moffitt and Carpenters return would have affected the Current Depth but so far it looks like they will stay as Backups.

Left Tackle
Starter: Russell Okung
Backup: Frank Omiyale

Left Guard
Starter: Paul McQuistan (lasy year 3rd left Tackle)
Backup: Allen Barbre
Third String: James Carpenter (2011 injury)

Right Guard
Starter: J.R Sweezy
Backup: John Moffitt (2011 injury)

Right Tackle
Starter: Breno Giacomini

Lemuel can fill in but is listed as Ungers Backup

Sweezy looked good so far and I sure hope Breno doesn't go down.

Reaction score
Persoanlly, I'd like to see McQustian at RT and Carpenter at LG. I don't like Giacominni and all of his stupid penalties.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Persoanlly, I'd like to see McQustian at RT and Carpenter at LG. I don't like Giacominni and all of his stupid penalties.

That is an interesting set I hadn't considered. I thought Lemuel looked pretty good at guard? I guess it is confortable to have a backup for Max but he could shift over if needed?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Really curious to see Carp give a try at OG, definetly have some pieces to play with.
We should have cut Omiyle, or put him at the bottom of the food chain, he is a liability.

Top Bottom