• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Laury Departs for Jets

Reaction score
Lance Laury is officially a New York Jet today. The former Seahawks Special Teams Captain signed with them after meeting with them today and yesterday. Laury was signed as an undrafted free agent by Seattle in 2006 out of South Carolina. The past two-years he was the Seahawks Special Teams Captain and leader of the crew. His final stats with Seattle are 64 tackles and two forced fumbles.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46539 said:
another dumb move by our own FO
haha all you do on here is criticize what our FO is doing. i can see if it is 2 years into their tenure and they havent improved the team at all. but it is a month before the draft and you have no idea what the plan is. there is a reason they are in the FO and you are doing whatever you do as a day job.

Reaction score
you can't keep bringing in low draft picks or scrubs off the street to play ST. Are you a coach? Have you been? ST are huge even at the lower levels where even more starters play. Laury is a really good ST player and could fill in at LB. If you were a fan you could see that. They are creating more holes than they can fill. Hell they haven't even seen these guys play in person they are going off film. I can look at game film and think he is not bad or really good then watch them in person on the field and see what they see. You get a perspective on how he reacts. Totally different.

Now we lose that and try and fill it with?

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46541 said:
haha all you do on here is criticize what our FO is doing. i can see if it is 2 years into their tenure and they havent improved the team at all. but it is a month before the draft and you have no idea what the plan is. there is a reason they are in the FO and you are doing whatever you do as a day job.

there you are totally wrong. I said you build a team thru the draft. FA is a quick fix/depth fix issue only IMO. That is why I am glad they didn't go crazy and overpay for whomever. But you keep cutting know products and you have too many kids running around not knowing what to do.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Laury was solid and will be missed, hell the Jets are already good on ST and they signed him, that says alot.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree ST are huge...most underrated part of a team. And getting rid of a guy like Laury hurts. I never said that losing him doesnt hurt nor did i say special temas werent an important part of a team where anyone off the street can play. I am just saying it doesnt make a lot of sense to criticize the FO when the draft is still a month away. I believe you said...correct me if im wrong...ANOTHER bad move by our FO. Not a direct quote but im pretty sure it is close to what you said.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46549 said:
I agree ST are huge...most underrated part of a team. And getting rid of a guy like Laury hurts. I never said that losing him doesnt hurt nor did i say special temas werent an important part of a team where anyone off the street can play. I am just saying it doesnt make a lot of sense to criticize the FO when the draft is still a month away. I believe you said...correct me if im wrong...ANOTHER bad move by our FO. Not a direct quote but im pretty sure it is close to what you said.

the other bad move was not making any attempt to keep the guys we have that at least are servicable and making no attempt at all to sign Dutha. That to me says either the FO is lazy or they are too far behind in the game to do anything this year. If it is the latter then they should be making a attempt to keep the key ST guys. AAND I still think the Whitehurst trade was really dumb.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46550 said:
the other bad move was not making any attempt to keep the guys we have that at least are servicable and making no attempt at all to sign Dutha. That to me says either the FO is lazy or they are too far behind in the game to do anything this year. If it is the latter then they should be making a attempt to keep the key ST guys. AAND I still think the Whitehurst trade was really dumb.
I dont think they are lazy...i just dont think they had a shot at Dunta regardless. You cant say FO is dumb for not signing a guy who had every intention to go to ATL anyways. There are gonna be two theories to the Whitehurst deal no matter what until everyone sees how it plays out thats just how it goes so i wont knock you for thinking what you want. I am one that thinks the deal is a good deal, but like I said, no one really knows how that one will turn out so we will have to wait and see on that one.

Top Bottom