• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Latest ESPN power rankings.

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's no bust if we don't win it this year , not only do you have to have the talent but luck plays a huge roll as well. This team, unlike the Super Bowl team is built to contend for years and should get several chances to win it , but it's no bust if its not this season bust infers that were done if we don't win this season , do you buy that ? I don't

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SB or bust?! When was the last time the Seahawks had those expectations going into week 1?

Never. Some have mentioned '05 being a year when had aspirations of SB, but I remember having high hopes, like we can win the division, and get into playoffs, but nothing like this. '06 I think I had higher expectations then '05.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It's no bust if we don't win it this year , not only do you have to have the talent but luck plays a huge roll as well. This team, unlike the Super Bowl team is built to contend for years and should get several chances to win it , but it's no bust if its not this season bust infers that were done if we don't win this season , do you buy that ? I don't

I agree this team has multiple chances to win it and has some longevity that the Super Bowl team didn't have so it's not a one shot thing. But in a way I think it is Super Bowl or bust because this team is about as capable as any team in the league and if they fall short, it would be a disappointment.
But I do see what you're saying. In any given year, even the team given the best odds in the preseason of winning the Super Bowl have the odds stacked against them. Overall I'm guessing the Niners are holding the best odds in Vegas right now and theirs is like 3 to 1 against. Denver would be 2nd (over the Seahawks) at around 4 to 1 mainly because they're in the AFC and are considered having better odds of getting there because of it and therefore better odds than the Hawks of winning it. Then the Seahawks are at about 5 to 1 or 6 to 1 mainly because they are in the NFC and they take a hit with the oddsmakers from being in the same conference as the Niners.
So yeah, the odds are stacked against every team in the league, Hawks included. The odds are by nature against them winning the Super Bowl.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
As far as the rankings, unless we win every game by a wide margin we will bounce around on that.
As as far as the superbowl. Playoffs are one and done so the best you can do is increase your odds by locking up that #1/2 seed and get to the show. 49ers in T-11 days!!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I seem to remember at one point last year the top team changed the top of the power rankings changed just about every week. At this point it's pure speculation without any regular season games yet to base the rankings on. I'd call them educated guesses on where they think the teams stack up at the moment. But yeah, subject to change on a weekly basis. I'm not sure I wouldn't knock the Hawks down a few spots right now based on the state of the D-line.
If Denver gets their running game going this year, man they will be looking tough. Manning throwing to Welker, Demaryus Thomas, Eric Decker (all three pro bowl caliber WRs), and a defense that ranked higher overall than the Seahawks. The only flaw with their defense last year was a lack of turnovers but they are crazy good.

11 days til the Niners game. Man, I don't know if I can wait that long! Gotta take care of business in Carolina though. Hope it's not a trap game.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver might be lacking some pass rush with out Von Miller suspension and the loss of Dummerville, but they did add alot of defensive vets:
Veteran Additions: WR Wes Welker, G Louis Vasquez, DE Shaun Phillips, DT Terrance Knighton, ILB Stewart Bradley, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Quentin Jammer.
Be fun to watch the rematch tonight. Yes! Football is back!

Top Bottom