• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kick Him Wide-Left to the Curb, or Keep Him?

Reaction score
After making 4 of 6 field goals against the Bears, what would you do with Olindo Mare? Making even one of those could have changed the game significantly, but obviously we will never know.

I personally don't know. Mora seemed to target Mare and blame him for the loss after the game. He said something like "He gets paid to kick field goals" and saying it was unacceptable that he missed 2 field goals. Coutu is the better field goal kicker, but lacks the deep kickoffs. When Mare kicks them though, they always seem to get to the returner pretty quickly and when Coutu kicks them they always seem to have more hang time. I think they kept Mare for more than his kickoffs. They felt he had more experience to kick those important field goals. They felt like he wouldn't be nervous, and wouldn't be off.

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
too early to tell. he had a bad game, but that happens every once in awhile.

i am betting Mora will apolagize or at least retract his statements about what he said about Mare.

Mare had a GREAT year for us last year. (made 89% and three were 50+ yarders)

we shouldn't kick to the curb just yet. or kick him while he's down. he just needs to kick it up a notch. so just kick back and relax, it will be ok.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
The QB was on the field 10x more than the K. The K has ONE job. KICK THE BALL.

you gonna count handoffs the same as a FG attempt? That POS QB can't even use his feet to get away from the Center. I didn't see the K roll right and throw it into the bears arms.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We had 75 offensive plays. The kicker missed 33% of his field goals while kicking in easy conditions. The only thing easier would have been if it were indoors.

So you need to point out mistakes Seneca made on 25 plays. You also need to look at how many mistakes Hasselbeck made as a percentage of his plays and subtract that number from Seneca's mistakes (assuming Seneca made more). I doubt that number comes it above 33%. In fact, it is mathematically impossible.

But please, continue the implication of your defense of the kicker whose sole job is to kick the ball.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Seneca also had to throw the ball 44 times. When he threw that pick it was a great play by Lance Briggs who is a good LB.

Charles Davis was saying he should have grounded it, but I thought when you're in the end zone and you throw it away it's a safety. :?

The only complaint I have for Wallace is his inability to throw the timing pass. If he would have timed the pass to Burleson where he sailed over his head, it could have been a TD and the same goes for when he did that to Houshmandzadeh too. Then Carlson was in the middle of the field and it sailed over his head.

If Hasselbeck can't go this weekend (I doubt it), then they need to work on those passes with Wallace. Make him move around a bit and have to throw those deep timing passes.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Charles Davis was saying he should have grounded it, but I thought when you're in the end zone and you throw it away it's a safety. :?

quote]

he is outside the tackle
no different if you are on the 50 yrd line

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
We had 75 offensive plays. The kicker missed 33% of his field goals while kicking in easy conditions. The only thing easier would have been if it were indoors.

So you need to point out mistakes Seneca made on 25 plays. You also need to look at how many mistakes Hasselbeck made as a percentage of his plays and subtract that number from Seneca's mistakes (assuming Seneca made more). I doubt that number comes it above 33%. In fact, it is mathematically impossible.

But please, continue the implication of your defense of the kicker whose sole job is to kick the ball.

no where did I say I was giving the kicker a pass. BUT if that rookie looking QB makes the plays the K never has to be on the field!!!! The QB looked as if he had never playing NFL football before. You do know he has played before right? If you wanna go the Matt vs dumbass game I bet most here will say Matt gets you 40 % more wins with the same team. Also matt can get the step from the C without tripping. :roll:

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Maybe you should go back and read my statement again. Let me know if I need to hold your hand through it.

I was not defending him read yours again. sheesh
you are the one kissing a crappy QB's ass

Reaction score
As a fellow Orange myself I like Mare a little more than others might. Having said that he cost us 6-points, but we also had a lot of oppurtinities in the goal-line in which we should have scored touchdowns and not been kicking. I think Mare got some confidence after he made the field goal after the missed two, but we need to worry more about our health than anything else right now. Had we had Lofa and even Wilson I don't think the Hester score happens. We need to get healthy and until then I think you stick with Mare.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
I think most people stopped being pissed about Wallace's play yesterday, but a few keep going on and on about it. It's over, he didn't perform like a starter because he isn't. Just chill. ;)

QB Comparison for 2009:
Hasselbeck: 64% Completion Rating
Wallace: 61% Completion Rating

Hasselbeck: 376 Yards - 3 TDs
Wallace: 388 Yards - 2 TDs

Both have played 6 Quarters.

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
how long HAVE you been watching football?

seems like some people don't understand the difference between a shitty qb and a solid one.

Seneca had an ok game. usually he plays better. he is a good backup.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
squirreljack said:
how long HAVE you been watching football?

seems like some people don't understand the difference between a shitty qb and a solid one.

Seneca had an ok game. usually he plays better. he is a good backup.
This year Hasselbeck hasn't shown he is a solid QB. He forced passes like crazy in the Rams game and finally got going to help the Seahawks win in the 2nd half. Then against the 49ers he did the same exact thing until that last drive when he got hurt. He doesn't look like himself out there at all until he calms down and sits in the pocket. He is at his best when he has time to evaluate the field and find a weakness, but so far he seems to be nervous about that offensive line.

I'm not saying Wallace is better because he is far from Hasselbeck in every way, but the stats show that neither has done very well in this new system or with the guys they have had on offense. Hopefully Hasselbeck can get back on Sunday, but it's an away game that starts at 10am so who knows if the team will start slow like they usually do. Hopefully having practices earlier helps get rid of that slow start when playing teams at 10am.

S

Seattlehawk94

Apple Sauce is shit....Defending him is stupid....

There are plenty of QUARTERBACKS out there...Not these Kordell Stewart wannabe highpowered RBs who can't throw a ball to save their lives..

Fucking sick of these Vickclones....Go to Canada...Get a real fucking QB who can WIN if needed when Matthew isn't playing....

Comparing Completion% is almost laughable....Matthew makes HARDER THROWS Wallass can't even throw a fucking ball farther than 20 yards....Our offense is pathetic when than douchebag is under center. Matthew is a gunslinger...He'll make mistakes....But he'll ATTEMPT to do something....Wallass won't throw anything father than a 5 yard route to an OPEN FB and even THAT is a high pass that Owens had to make a leaping catch to make.

There were 3 throws in that game that go for scores if Matthew is playing QB...Instead they are 10 yard completions because the TEs and WRs had to dive for them in the OPEN FIELD...

I hate fucking Apple Sauce...He's a worthless piece of catshit in the litterbox of life....Teel should be the backup....At least HE'S got fucking guts and can make the throws.

Like I said...I've seen Punt, Pass, and Kick kids in the 10 year old bracket throw farther on the turf at Qwest than Wallass can. :x

Top Bottom