• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kentwan Balmer to Seattle

Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers are finalizing a deal to send defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a late-round draft pick, according to league sources.

Balmer, selected by the 49ers in the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft, had 19 tackles in 27 games. He was a defensive tackle at the University of North Carolina but, the 49ers shifted him to defensive end in order to fit into their 3-4 scheme.

After Week 12 last season, Balmer was placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. He had been absent from San Francisco's training camp practices last week.

----

A lot of sources have said it will be a 6th-round pick.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So he has not touched a football since week 12 of last year? What pic did we have to give up?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I heard for a 6th rounder too.

What is this guys issue? Is it a personal one with his head coach?

He sure didnt seem that productive last year.

P.C. says they did alot of study on this buy before making the move.
Maybe one of Scott McGloughlin's guys eh??

S

Seattlehawk94

He had major issues with The Samuri, dudes butted heads too much.

Personally he's a STEAL...We basically got a 1st Rounder for a practice squad guy in the future...Bo Duke done ripped off another team...LOL

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49461 said:
He had major issues with The Samuri, dudes butted heads too much.

Personally he's a STEAL...We basically got a 1st Rounder for a practice squad guy in the future...Bo Duke done ripped off another team...LOL
I remember when the experts were saying the Seahawks were going to draft him, but they decided to draft Lawrence Jackson instead. Definitely a steal since they ended up getting him for a late round pick.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
LOL Bo Duke, I didnt realize they have the same name! and they even look alike.

Definetly very little penalty for snatchin up Singletary's cast aways.

"Cant work with him, wont work with him!"

We'll take frank gore too while were at it coach, thanks bud, see ya at Qwest Field 9/12!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I remember this guy being pretty decent. For A 6th rounder too?? Damn, gotta take a chance on that. Can live without 6th rounders, can't live without depth in our linebacking core. Just another reason we be movin' on up this season. I am lovin' this shiz.

Top Bottom