• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Norton Jr. to be LB Coach

Reaction score
With Pete Carroll announcing his resignation as USC's head coach it's now reported by ESPN's Shelley Smith that Trojans linebacker coach Ken Norton Jr. will join Carroll's staff in Seattle at the same position he had been at USC. Meaning current lineback coach Zerrick Rollins won't return at least in that capicity with Seattle. Rollins one of Holmgren's coaches too had been with the team at his role since 2005.
Norton has had success at the NFL level as a player on the 49ers and Cowboys.
He worked with Lofa Tatupu at USC meaning as much as some Seahawk fans want Tatupu traded I don't think Carroll is going to trade his former player. Now that Norton is his coach again maybe he can help him go back to his rookie days. Since making three Pro Bowls in Lofa's first three-years in the NFL he hasn't gone the past two-years. Norton was also a three time Pro Bowl himself.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4814933"]USC's Pete Carroll says Seattle Seahawks' coaching job 'came out of nowhere' - ESPN[/ame]

Well at least speculation seems to be coming to a close even if we didn't get the guy I believed would be the best fit for the job. Sad at missing the opportunity to grab Leslie Frazier, but happy the waiting is coming to a close.

This is going to be a bumpy offseason...GO SEAHAWKS!

Reaction score
USC has produced good linebackers especially in the last NFL Draft so this guy seems like he knows how to coach linebackers.

Reaction score
He's got plenty of talent to work with that's for sure. Maybe Lofa returns to form under his old coach... Or was there a different LB coach in USC when Lofa was there?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
As NFL Live said today "His success could be destined by who he works with as coaches and managment." I like Ken Norton. He knows the NFL and has a fire. I don't like Greg Knapp and he won't be back with Seattle either as Jeremy Bates is becoming Seahawks Offensive Coordinator.

Reaction score
From what I am hearing on the radio right now Bates is so overrated and that USC is glad he is gone as are the players :roll: . Chow to USC is in the lead by most Trojan fans.

Hawk096 said:
As NFL Live said today "His success could be destined by who he works with as coaches and managment." I like Ken Norton. He knows the NFL and has a fire. I don't like Greg Knapp and he won't be back with Seattle either as Jeremy Bates is becoming Seahawks Offensive Coordinator.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
From what I am hearing on the radio right now Bates is so overrated and that USC is glad he is gone as are the players :roll: . Chow to USC is in the lead by most Trojan fans.

Hawk096 said:

Wag I rather have Bates than Knapp. I did some scoutig on Bates other than Cutler in Denver his QBs aren't anything special (that's what he is more of a QB coach). I was never found of Chow so I rather have Bates. I do know the Trojans offense has always been fairly balanced, but have produced good passing offenses also. It'll be interesting how Bates does.

Carroll will mainly run the D might have a guy who helps him (maybe Norton or keeps Bradley) not sure yet what he will do. Should know after this press conference and a couple of weeks of waiting.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
SeahawkWag said:

Hawk096 said:

Wag I rather have Bates than Knapp. I did some scoutig on Bates other than Cutler in Denver his QBs aren't anything special (that's what he is more of a QB coach). I was never found of Chow so I rather have Bates. I do know the Trojans offense has always been fairly balanced, but have produced good passing offenses also. It'll be interesting how Bates does.

Carroll will mainly run the D might have a guy who helps him (maybe Norton or keeps Bradley) not sure yet what he will do. Should know after this press conference and a couple of weeks of waiting.
I think I heard that the Broncos had the 2nd best passing offense in the league when Bates was the OC. Probably heard wrong though.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
SeahawkWag said:

I think I heard that the Broncos had the 2nd best passing offense in the league when Bates was the OC. Probably heard wrong though.

That's why I said "other than". He did well with Cutler, but could that have been the system or is he really a good coach that we just don't know yet? I don't think Cutler is as good as everyone makes him out to be. So in my opinion for him to be successful with him he must have some skill as a coordinator.

Top Bottom