• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Lucas

Reaction score
We've re-signed him:
2009133059_lucas28.html

We also signed FB Justin Griffith.

Reaction score
Ken Lucas is a great pickup, but Griffith doesn't make much since. I think Schmitt can handle the FB spot just fine. It's not really the position we need depth at. I'd rather save that money and use it on Hill.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
We only have one FB so it makes sense to me.
I think it's an alright pickup, but Schmitt is a good FB if you give him a chance. He had a great career at West Virginia and just needs some playing time to prove it. This might just be a move to let Schmitt improve on some things like receiving better.

Reaction score
Griffith is familiar with Knapp and Mora (Played for them in Atlanta and Knapp in Oakland). He will be a good guy to teach Owen. Remember Owen is only entering his second-season in the NFL. Took Weaver three-years before he was able to be the fullback he was.

S

Seattlehawk94

He like it here just fine...He just didn't like Holmgren or the "Golden Boy" at the time Shaun Sprungs..

It's a GREAT move...It takes the pressure off of Tru and makes the defense that much better...Lordy knows we need to have good CBs with Brinanna Russell and Peeon Grant back there at Safeties.

Reaction score
sigpro said:
I was wondering why we didn't address corner at the draft, I guess this is why.

^

I was REALLY hoping to draft my boy Rashas Johnson from Aaaaaaallllllaaaabbbbbaaaaammmmmaa, but the Retardinals landed him. Oh, I was pissed!

Idahawk

Reaction score
CB was the most drafted position and I think we would have taken one if the chance was there, having Lucas was a back up plan, yet gives us some experiance at corner so could prove to be the better choice, next year Taylor Mays and another corner his name escapes me right now should both be top ten picks....and we have two first round picks in the first..so we may address that position next year...hopefully not because we will be picking in the top ten..but because we can package a deal for Mays.....

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
We'll probably take a QB and try to get Taylor Mays.
Right now that's the plan, but it could change when the 2010 Draft rolls around.

I'd expect the QB to drafted with our pick (it's going to be 29-32) and if there isn't anyone good there we will probably wait until the 2nd to get one. I just don't see Ruskell throwing that much money into a QB that won't play for at least 2 years. (After 2010 Draft)

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
We'll probably take a QB and try to get Taylor Mays.
Right now that's the plan, but it could change when the 2010 Draft rolls around.

I'd expect the QB to drafted with our pick (it's going to be 29-32) and if there isn't anyone good there we will probably wait until the 2nd to get one. I just don't see Ruskell throwing that much money into a QB that won't play for at least 2 years. (After 2010 Draft)

Well yeah, I don't think we'd be able to get Mays with our pick.

Reaction score
Owen is a good receiver already.

phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
I think it's an alright pickup, but Schmitt is a good FB if you give him a chance. He had a great career at West Virginia and just needs some playing time to prove it. This might just be a move to let Schmitt improve on some things like receiving better.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Owen is a good receiver already.

phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

He is? This is contrary to anything I have read. If I recall, he general criticism is that he is too stiff in the hips so he has trouble catching the ball and then turning and running.

S

Seattlehawk94

He's a blocking back....That is all Schmitt will ever be..

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk said:
CB was the most drafted position and I think we would have taken one if the chance was there, having Lucas was a back up plan, yet gives us some experiance at corner so could prove to be the better choice, next year Taylor Mays and another corner his name escapes me right now should both be top ten picks....and we have two first round picks in the first..so we may address that position next year...hopefully not because we will be picking in the top ten..but because we can package a deal for Mays.....

There were numerous CB's in the second round that we could have taken and been excellent starters. I totally agree with taking denver's first round next year and the trade for Unger, but still, we could have taken a corner as well.

Reaction score
I've been hoping they would sign him ever since Carolina cut him, so I'm happy. He's not a superstar, but anything short of a wheelchair bound vegetable would be an improvement over the two smurfs playing opposite the Truf. Even without Hill I think our D is improved a fair amount right now at least on paper, providing Curry is as advertised. Now if only Brian Russel could find his way into a horrible accident.

Top Bottom