• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Josh Freeman Hawks 2nd round pick?

cutshot989

Huddler
Reaction score
Josh Freeman might fall into the third round, I like the guy's stats and scouting reports. He is huge at 6-6 and 250 Lbs with a rocket arm. I think the Hawks will take Michael Crabtree with their first round pick. It might be crazy to take a young QB with their number 2 pick, but he would make a great project behind Matt and Seneca. I am afraid Matt is running out of time and Seneca doesn't seem like a franchise type QB. The addition of Josh Freeman with a couple of years to bring him up to NFL level would set the Hawks up nicely for the future.

Reaction score
It always is kind of a crapshoot with Qb's (and everyone else for that matter) but Freeman certainly has the physical characteristics to be a superstar QB.

Reaction score
Listen to the NFL channel.

they are saying Crabtree tends to drop balls in pressure situations. Harrell is gonna struggle taking a snap under center. Man he looks like he doesn't know what to do with his hands down there. He had lots of problems with 3 and 5 step drops from under center.

Reaction score
they also said Crabtree will be a top 10 pick UNLESS he runs a poopoo 40 and 2 of the 3 guys think he will run a slow time or won't run at the combine.

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
I think an ideal situation for the Seahawks would be Oher falling to them at 4, Josh Freeman falling to them in the 2nd, and WR Ramses Barden in the 3rd. They need a Franchise LT to develop behind Walter Jones, and Oher reminds me in many ways of Walter. Freeman is a cannon armed prospect who I happen to love. The guy is an ideal leader and has ideal physical traits. His accuracy gets a bit spotty at times along with his footwork, but his potential is unmatched. Unlike JaMarcus Russell, this guy is a hard worker and a great, great team leader. Seahawks ranked 21st in TD Percentage in the Red Zone, so adding a 6-6 target like Barden could be a great help. Barden has very good hands and excellent body control to go along with the ideal frame and leaping ability for a red zone target. I doubt Freeman falls to the 2nd, but crazier things have happened...

Reaction score
I also highly doubt the Seahawks are stupid enough to take an Offensive Tackle with the 4th pick in the draft. Teams usually don't waste their pick on developing a guy. They use that pick on a guy they know will start this season or at least play a lot. ;)

Reaction score
Phaze-
Normally when a team drafts QB in the first round they try and develop him. If you look at the ones who haven't been developed it doesn't turn out too well (David Carr, Alex Smith, Tim Couch and Akili Smith.) I still think Crabtree is our ideal pick, but I could see them taking Walt's replacement if one is out there. They say this is the year for OL.

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Phaze-
Normally when a team drafts QB in the first round they try and develop him. If you look at the ones who haven't been developed it doesn't turn out too well (David Carr, Alex Smith, Tim Couch and Akili Smith.) I still think Crabtree is our ideal pick, but I could see them taking Walt's replacement if one is out there. They say this is the year for OL.
Very good points. I'm not so high on Andre Smith (view him more as a late 1st Rounder, lacks the quick feet and ability to handle edge rushers), but the likes of Oher, Jason Smith, and Eugene Monroe are all worth Top 15 picks and all have Franchise LT ability if properly developed. Oher needs more work on his technique, Smith needs a bit of technique work and adding some strength, and Monroe has to work on his strength, particually in the lower body. Teams thinking that they must and absolutely get immediate production out of top draft picks is the reason why a lot of players bust, and not just Quarterbacks. Speaking of receivers, look at the Lions two busts in Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. 90% of prospects need time to sit. There is a very few select amount who can make the kind of impact in a rookie season where sitting them wouldn't of been worth it.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
I also highly doubt the Seahawks are stupid enough to take an Offensive Tackle with the 4th pick in the draft. Teams usually don't waste their pick on developing a guy. They use that pick on a guy they know will start this season or at least play a lot. ;)
This is a stupid statement, and is that a pic of Lil Wayne? That is starting to bug me.

Reaction score
Got to take the best tackle WALT will not play at a high level next season you guys! He is/did have microfracture surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Oher can play starting at training camp
Jason Smith will be the next walter jones.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks | Lazor attends Kansas State Pro Day
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:30:53 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Seattle Seahawks quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor attended Kansas State's Pro Day to watch QB Josh Freeman.

It sure looks we will be taking a QB at some point in the draft....Bye Frye

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
cutshot989 said:
Josh Freeman might fall into the third round, I like the guy's stats and scouting reports. He is huge at 6-6 and 250 Lbs with a rocket arm. I think the Hawks will take Michael Crabtree with their first round pick. It might be crazy to take a young QB with their number 2 pick, but he would make a great project behind Matt and Seneca. I am afraid Matt is running out of time and Seneca doesn't seem like a franchise type QB. The addition of Josh Freeman with a couple of years to bring him up to NFL level would set the Hawks up nicely for the future.

Perfect posting my friend. I love Josh Freeman but he might go to the Bucs in the first round and if not then they will take him in the second round.

Top Bottom