• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is this the best Seahawks Defense Ever ?

Is the best defensive team ever ?

• YES

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO, 2005 Team for Obvious Reasons

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NO, Other Team (Post Below)

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Idahawk

Reaction score
Not to take away anything from any of the other great defensive teams we have had over the years but for over all size, speed and talent I think this group may be the best.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
add a yes and other or maybe you have a better idea , go for it Thanks

Reaction score
2005's defense wasn't that great. This is the best hawks defense I've ever seen, but I can't really speak to anything before like 2002.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Reads okay, we get the poll.

I think this defenese has the potential to be the best, but no way to tell this early in the season.
2005 defense was dominant, redzone defense was #1 and they had one thing this team doesnt have yet... I say YET!!! and that is a pass rush. Ray Rhodes was know for his elabrate blitzing schemes. I loved that defense even more then this one, but it will be close.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree, poll is fine.

2005 was a special defense, but this one has even more opportunities to be GREAT. we still got our work ahead of us on defense, ST, and of course offense... But this group could become very scary...

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe we lead the league in sacks 2 or 3 years in a row back then, but this defense has potential to be the best defense in the league.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm too young to objectively speak about any of the 1980s defenses, although they were pretty good from what I read. But right now, I think maybe the 1992 defense is tops on my list. Cortez Kennedy, Eugene Robinson, Rufus Porter, Dave Wyman, Robert Blackmon, Michael Sinclair. Good team.

We will see where this one ends up.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
1984 - Kenny Easley, Jacob Green, Jeff Bryant, Dave Brown, Joe Nash and John Harris.
Points Allowed: 282 (5th in NFL) Points Scored: 50 Takeaways: 63 (1st in NFL)
Sacks: 55!

Kenny Easley was Defensive Player of the Year. In one four-game stretch Seattle's defense OUTSCORED the opposition 26-20. This included the amazing 45-0 win over the Chiefs that featured FOUR interception returns for touchdowns by the Hawks, and a safety scored in a win against Cincy. In four weeks, the defense allowed only two touchdowns and pitched two shutouts.

In the AFC Wild Card Game they shut out the defending SB Champion Raiders until late in the 4th quarter, with 6 sacks, and forced three turnovers.

I'm going to need to see some impressive shit to overtake that season.

The D line has to put up better numbers, we are only getting a sack a game.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess we should allow defenses in our time a handicap since they have so many more rules to deal with.

I hate to see players hurt but it sure was a lot more fun to watch when defensive players held nothing back.

Reaction score
They need to pressure the QB with the front 4. Romo got too much time, and the few times they "almost" got him, Romo got away and made plays down field. Need to finish when you get to the QB.

S

Seattlehawk94

1992 Defense was best..If they had the worst offense under Holmgren on the other side of the ball they win the Superbowl..

Most exciting and favorite defense? 1997-98...Agressive...

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
1975 to 1980 Steelers (steel curtain) were the best ever. Even analysts in 1985/1986 said that Chicago rivaled them Steelers. Then "poof" no defense has ever dominated more than one year since. A lot of that early success had to do with the original & traditional passing rules that allowed the db to make contact until the ball was in the air, yet Mell Blount adjusted to the panty waste changes and still rattled opposition wide outs after the rules changed to permanantly favor the offenses forever. Mean Joe Green (never really mean) was just damned good. In the middle of it all was Jack Lambert #58, and he had a streak in him that would get him banned from today's pussyfied nfl. LC Greenwood...,etc. Sure does bring back memories.

Best defensive player in Seattle ever according to my memory...Kenny Easly.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
1975 to 1980 Steelers (steel curtain) were the best ever. Even analysts in 1985/1986 said that Chicago rivaled them Steelers. Then "poof" no defense has ever dominated more than one year since. A lot of that early success had to do with the original & traditional passing rules that allowed the db to make contact until the ball was in the air, yet Mell Blount adjusted to the panty waste changes and still rattled opposition wide outs after the rules changed to permanantly favor the offenses forever. Mean Joe Green (never really mean) was just damned good. In the middle of it all was Jack Lambert #58, and he had a streak in him that would get him banned from today's pussyfied nfl. LC Greenwood...,etc. Sure does bring back memories.

Best defensive player in Seattle ever according to my memory...Kenny Easly.

Holding nothing back, luv those hits.

S

Seattlehawk94

No one is talking about best EVER they are talking about Seattle's best ever..

Best defense ever? Easy...1986-1991 New York Football Giants...Taylor, Carson, Banks, Burt, Marshall, etc..Better than the 1985 Bears because they weren't flashes in the pan..

Other than Simms, an old OJ Anderson, and Bavaro not one player on that offense carried that team..They won because of Darth Hoodie and his defensive gameplans...In fact his gameplan for Superbowl XXV is in the HoF-- the plan? He told the Giants "to win we are going to swallow our pride and for the gameplan to work Thurman Thomas HAS to rush for 100 yards"..

Truthfully the greatest gameplan EVER going into a Superbowl prior to Coughlin copying it to make Darth Hoodie go 18-1..When he did the same thing, let the RB get short yards by playing off the ball, keep the WRs in bounds, and don't let them hit any pass plays farther than 10 yards for the most part...Short stuff all day and win by attrition and clock management..

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
It's hard for me to admit that this is the best Seahawks defense I've seen, but it is.

Top Bottom