• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Sherman the best Corner in the league?

Reaction score
I know that's a bit premature. But, hear me out.

If you had Sherman in one corner (no pun intended) and could do a straight up swap right now for any other guy in the league, would you do it? I'm taking everything into consideration. Sherman has only started like 16 games in his whole career. I'm assuming he's only going to improve. He's got a very long career ahead of him.

Would you trade him straight up for Revis? As is, with his injury issues the last few years, contract, and inevitable decline as he ages?

That is the only guy that I could think would even come close imo. I mean think about it. He's in his second year in the league and week after week he's lining up against the leagues best and straight up, no way around it, shutting them down.

I don't usually like to post shit off fieldgulls, but this was a good gif and break down of the play in which Smith shoved Sherman.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/1...richard-shermans-stiff-arm-jam-on-steve-smith

Your thoughts?

Reaction score
I think Nnamdi would return to form in this defense, but even then I'm not sure I would do that... Maybe Patrick Peterson because of what he does on special teams or with the ball in his hands after an INT.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Peterson is good. His success I think is based on just pure physical superiority (size & speed). Sherman has the size but not as fast. He seems to be a student of the game.

Still, personally, I take Sherman. I know, crazy. Who would've thought when we drafted him last year??! Crazy.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Listening to Gus Bradley on w/Softy right now. Getting me jacked (PC speak) for this game!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Browner is dominating his side equally as well, granted its the y WR, but I think he matches up with bigger recievers better then Sherm.

I think both will be pro bowler this year.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Does he sound worried at all?
Nope. Calm and confident, not cocky, but sounds very sure of his guys.

The one thing Mitch, Softy and all those clowns keep bringin up is how worried they are that we wont be able to sub our different defensive players in during the NE no huddle offense. The one thing that no one is mentioning is, to keep the no huddle going is getting first downs. If we force a healthy amount of 3 and outs, then the no huddle is a non issue.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly, how do slow it down? You get stops, sack the qb, get the crowd involved.
I dont see it working that well with us, at least we (fans) can just keep screaming instead of waiting and screaming during huddle and commercials. Its gonna get crazy. Plus I see rain in the schedule so passing will be tougher.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah dude, not worried about our defense one bit. I am honestly and truthfully worried about the offense. Our defense dominated last week. Yet we only led 6-3 at halftime. Offense just doesn't seem to be able to put points on the board. Worried. Really worried.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
for me i would only take 2 players right now over sherman. Joe Haden and Champ bailey. They both have absolutely no weakness, there coverage skills besides revis is bar none, and bailey is probably the best tackling/run support db in the last 20 years.

Reaction score
Forgot about Hayden, since he's been hurt.

Bailey is awesome, one of my favorite players... But I'd still rather have Sherman because of his age.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
ya id take sherman over bailey for a franchise situation, but on just a one year playoff run id go with bailey

Top Bottom