• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren on Mitch in the Morning

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think its pretty clear he wants to get back here, but how and at what capacity??
I think he would be good as a personnell or "oversee football operations" type of a role.
But I think we have a good VP, and great GM, and a good coach.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure he was referring to actually coming back to the Seahawks v. just coming back to the Seattle area.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Would like to see Holmy back in Seattle in some capacity with the Seahawks, but definitely not as OC or HC. I was never a fan of his offense and their playcalling under Holmy was so very predictable and unimaginative it could lull you to sleep. I wish the man nothing but success, but I think his time with the Seahawks as anything other than front office are over.

S

Seattlehawk94

Never should've gotten to the point where Holmgren had to leave...

He would've stayed on as HC but they hired Moron Jr. before his contract expired as "HC in Waiting"..Kinda says what Bert Kolde and all the Vulcan Nerdherd thought of Holmgren (who they didn't like because unlike Moron Jr. and CSH he didn't discuss game plans with the D&D Crowd)..Holmgren was a FOOTBALL COACH and he was being torn down...

READ FUCKING ALLEN'S BOOK...He refers to him "as I hired a HC called "The Walruss""--dude called him a nickname before he mentioned his name (4 paragraphs later) and referred to 2005 as "the year "the Walruss" FINALLY called a good gameplan"..He was fucking dissed..

Lofa according to Allen was the end all be all as to why we went to the Superbowl..Discounting ALL of Holmgren's GM tenure...Remember idiots who call Holmgen a "bad GM"..HE BUILT THAT OFFENSE HIMSELF AND BASICALLY RUSKELL'S ONE DRAFT PICK HELPED THAT TEAM GET TO A SUPERBOWL....

Then after he left they coulda fixed the mistake and instead brought in CSH who is going to run off to HC/GM the Chargers next season anyways...

We won with Holmgren because he could keep Allen's idiots out of the team's interworkings...We need a strong guy like that again...

S

Seattlehawk94

There is a provision by the way in his Clowns contract that says he can leave for TWO Jobs...Seattle and San Francisco....He COULD'VE went to SF but chose Cleveland...He loves Seattle....You can tell by what he said during the interview and the way he said it...THIS PLACE is HIS HOME....

S

Seattlehawk94

The Chargers will be playing out of the LA Coliseum next year....CSH is a Hollywood jocksniffer...
Who is STILL "Mr. Football" in LA? CSH...A splash at HC would be a bigger story there than Rivers in LA...
Parcells and Belichick both left contracts...So did Gruden....It can be done for picks so we'd get those at least...
If the Chargers aren't in the Superbowl THIS YEAR....AJ Smith and Turner are gone.....And CSH's contract has an escape clause with the words "Los Angeles" in there...
We were his "OUT" to getting disgraced at USC...He was always biding his time to coach LA's NFL team....
Think about it....

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know about that....

I know you don't like the guy, but I think he plans to stick around until he makes a regular winner out of this team.

S

Seattlehawk94

You'd be suprised where I got that from....Think bald guy on Fox who looks like a young Boss Hogg...

Reaction score
Theres just too many what-ifs with that scenario...

Lets see LA get a team first before we speculate that...

S

Seattlehawk94

Chargers are gone after this season...They won't get a new stadium on the ballot till 2013 and their lease has an escape clause from Feb. 1, 2012-May 1, 2012 that they would only have to pay $7 Millon bucks to leave....LA has a stadium that the state signed off on..Groundbreaking on the 1.5 Billion dollar stadium will begin on May 1, 2012....

LA Chargers 2012....Book it...
LA LAmbs 2014...Book it....

S

Seattlehawk94

Too many "what ifs"...There is only ONE "what if"...And that is if LA has a team will he leave...

I think the answer is YES....

Why do you think that rift with Schneider was leaked? You have to lay the groundwork for an out somewhere...Like Parcells and his "buying the groceries" you have to have an exit plan in place...

You gotta admit...I've called alot of things on the Huddle long before they happened....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Nice conspiricy theory, and I will admit that usually..... truth is stranger then fiction.

However I see some holes your master exit plan.... ground breaking in May 1 2012, usually is met with project, design and/or funding setbacks delays, then construction of a fully functional staduim at least a year., so football in 2013 but more likely 2014.

By then, its anyones guess who would coach the LA Comets!

Learn to swim!

S

Seattlehawk94

New stadium wouldn't be done until 2016 anyways with an eye on hosting Superbowl L....

They'd play at the Coliseum for the 2012-2015 seasons...

Ya'll make it sound "outlandish" like a Tarvaris for Luck trade....It's not that far fetched...Think about it....

Reaction score
Haha Tarvaris for Luck.... i love it! I endorse that trade!

Youre one hell of a conspirecy theorist lol

Hey guess where I'm eating/drinking tonight??

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah...Sure everyone would love it...

Conspiracy Theorist? Nope.....How many times have I come up with those? Never would be the answer....Just my thoughts...And a prediction...
Bridgeport...

Top Bottom