• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hawks vs raiders

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The thing is Dilfer wasn't just starting his career.

Back when they let Hass go I recall seeing this coming. I really don't think PC has the patience for long term development. He's pushing things to fast. He wants quick results with little effort which I think is understandable at the collegate level. Sure think it was a mistake letting Hass go, his mentoring value would be huge right about now.

It took a couple of seasons before Hass was solid. Hell I remember in Hass's first season thinking he was a horrible mistake and ready to run Holmgren out of town. I really like how Holmgren treated his team like his family, you have to nuture, build confidence and be patient when they struggle.

Like I said Wilson's star might burn quick and bright. I guess we will see when the wheels come off. To be honest, I don't really care rather it is Flynn or Wilson just as long as we stick with one.

Flynn's situation is a lot worse than when Hass was replaced by a veteran after being the starter for a year. I wouldn't blame Flynn for wanting out.

I know that Dilfer was not just starting his career. That's why I said, in this thread or another, the whole Dilfer-Hasselbeck comparison with Flynn and Wilson is inaccurate at best.

And, yeah, I sure hate how PC has turned this defense and running game around so quickly. I sure wish he had taken his time with that... :rolleyes:

Idahawk

Reaction score
You say PC is pushing things to fast. Lets look at the pro game in general. How many teams are sitting around developing players these days ? The guys coming out at least in the first few rounds are expected to play today and the other guys better learn and compete quickly or risk being cut. Also from the players stand point they need to prove themselves in the first four years so they can get a big contract so they themselves push to play. For a running back in todays game he may come into the league at 22-23 and is thought of as done by 30. Teams and players both need have things move along quickly. Its not your daddy's NFL anymore.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the special teams! Granted, there was that nice return last week, but didn't anyone else see the first two games (or the last couple seasons)?

O and D are looking better than last year; D especially. But ST can make or break a game; I hope to see our weakness there addressed.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont see why there is "excitement" around Portis.. A good athlete yes, but lacks pretty much all the rest of the qualities that a quarterback needs.

Otherwise, what a preseason! It is just a preseason, but it sure gives us a lot to look forward!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont see why there is "excitement" around Portis.. A good athlete yes, but lacks pretty much all the rest of the qualities that a quarterback needs.

Otherwise, what a preseason! It is just a preseason, but it sure gives us a lot to look forward!

There are a lot more positives, sure was good to see 51 get some sacks. I like how he was interacting with the 12th man. Almost Tatupuisk.

Reaction score

Because last preseason he looked pretty good... vs the back-ups. I'm laughing cause I actually remember people saying he should get a chance to start.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
awesome to see Irvin get in there... plus we must remember we are keeping a lot of our defense plays under wrap till regular season.. 4-0 go hawks

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Because last preseason he looked pretty good... vs the back-ups. I'm laughing cause I actually remember people saying he should get a chance to start.
yeah i was one of those guys.. but he looks all lost out there..

Reaction score
+78 point differential. I don't want to read too much into a 4-0 preseason, but when you're first in points per game on offense and defense.... Its kind of hard not to think at least some of that will carry over.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
+78 point differential. I don't want to read too much into a 4-0 preseason, but when you're first in points per game on offense and defense.... Its kind of hard not to think at least some of that will carry over.
yeah I'm pretty amazed .. we look like a totally different team , new uniforms, more power, stronger, faster, just plain scary...

Top Bottom