• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hawks vs raiders

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
With Wilson being the starter now, and TO gone.. Lets get a really good look at our offense....

Reaction score
I think with Wilson being named starter, we'll prob only see the first unit for a drive or two. Wouldn't be smart to risk injuries playing against Oaklands practice squad. However, this is Pete Carroll we're talking about and anything is possible.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
true, Raiders do and always have played dirty.. So that means Flynn and or Portis will QB most of the game.. How do you think Flynn is gonna react to being 2nd string again?

S

Seattlehawk94

This is stupid starting Wilson if he's your starting QB...If he lays an egg vs a bad depth Oakland team then it begins again..

He should be hidden till the opener now...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Goes along with announcing Wilson won the competition. PC should have waited until the season opener. I'll LMFAO if Wilson gets hurt or looks really bad. Even if Flynn has to come in as a back up roll, I doubt he is going to want to stay in Seattle for very long.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn is still getting paid.. Maybe he will stay and try and win it back

Idahawk

Reaction score
Do you realize what ticket and jersey sales are doing right now after Wilson was named starter. Not to mention that Wilson now commands the locker room as the leader and thats what we needed, it's go time now!

Flynn can honor his deal and suck it up like a big boy, he's been pretty fortunate up to this point so I'm sure the cash will ease some of the pain and in a year or two he can test the market again. At this point he has not won a starting job on two different teams so I don't think he will ever see a starting role opportunity like this again and should just think about remaining a back-up.

Clip Board Grizzly Adams

Reaction score
Ida must be grinning ear to ear. Looks like you'll get to experience your Kellen Moore fantasy through Russell Wilson.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think starting him Thurs if fine, he needs as much time running the offense as possible. Always risk injury, or rookie learning curve, oh well. Thats why we have flynn, go out there ball up! But only play him like 1 qtr. Nice to get Flynn, portis time in there too.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You know the NFL rating committee can't be happy. The MNF game vs the Packers can't be heralded as the student vs teacher bowl anymore.

If you watch the game right before kick off you can see a little slip of emotion from Wilson as Flynn struts past him. Flynn does a little signal with his ball cap. Someone comes by and says something and you can see the anger brewing in Flynn.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Guys that have chips on their shoulders are dangerous things.

I don't think it wouldn't do him any good. He may as well refuse to play. That's what I think may have been the reason for the elbow excuse. If he wants out don't expect him to play.

This has to be a pretty bad burn for Flynn.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
If Flynn doesn't accept the back up roll and keep trying to win the starting job he just proves he's not a starter in the NFL. Seahawks don't want a QB of the future that gives up. He had the same chance as Wilson to win the job and it's no one but his fault he didn't. I'm sure he is disapointed but that should tell him he needs to work harder to prove it was a mistake giving the job to Wilson. the fact is Wilson out worked him off the field and out played him on the field. I think Flynn came in and just figured the job was his. It was, his job to lose.

S

Seattlehawk94

Russell Wilson is playing Dilfer to Flynn's Hasselbeck....Only earlier this time...

Only a matter of time...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Hopefully that clipboard your boy Flynn is holding doesn't further stress out his sore elbow...

The thing is Dilfer wasn't just starting his career.

Back when they let Hass go I recall seeing this coming. I really don't think PC has the patience for long term development. He's pushing things to fast. He wants quick results with little effort which I think is understandable at the collegate level. Sure think it was a mistake letting Hass go, his mentoring value would be huge right about now.

It took a couple of seasons before Hass was solid. Hell I remember in Hass's first season thinking he was a horrible mistake and ready to run Holmgren out of town. I really like how Holmgren treated his team like his family, you have to nuture, build confidence and be patient when they struggle.

Like I said Wilson's star might burn quick and bright. I guess we will see when the wheels come off. To be honest, I don't really care rather it is Flynn or Wilson just as long as we stick with one.

Flynn's situation is a lot worse than when Hass was replaced by a veteran after being the starter for a year. I wouldn't blame Flynn for wanting out.

Top Bottom