• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hawks sign Reggie Williams

Reaction score
Well he and Mike Williams were both first rounders. Obviously there's talent there, hopefully it's just a matter of finding the right system.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess this could be good and bad news, either these two really showed something or our receiving core is so bad we are bringing in any and everybody...
Either way these 2 were cheaper than 2 second round picks and both could potentially rival marshall in production; maybe thats a day dream but Reggie was no joke in Jacksonville.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I like it because if both or either of these guys work we don't need to get a WR early in the draft or even at all if both work out.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47322 said:
I like it because if both or either of these guys work we don't need to get a WR early in the draft or even at all if both work out.

Too bad we won't really know how well they will work out before the draft in 6 days.

knownone;47320 said:
maybe thats a day dream but Reggie was no joke in Jacksonville.

Yes he was. He had one good season and was largely average or below average after that. He never came close to realizing his potential there.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
I just hope one of the Wiliiams' has a break out year. they both are talented, but ran into issues.

Now, looking at this from the half glass full perspective, Pete Carroll has the ability to motivate his players by putting them in position to be successful.

Again, if one of them can produce, it will give the team 3 diiferent type of WRs oppsoing defenses will have to deal with.

Williams - either one - creates match-up problems against smaller DBs. TJ Hoosh in the slot is a tough-guy who can make those over the middle catches in a crowd or against Safeties and/or LBs, and finally Deon Butler has great down field speed.

If the Hawks were to draft a 1st round WR, we would pay him 30+ million. A 2nd round WR 15+ million.

We are getting great value, even if these guys don't make the team. This is a low risk/high reward move.

If Reggie slips up, he is gone.

If Mike gets out of shape and lazy again, he is gone.

With the WR position addressed, the team can now focus on rebuilding both lines and Safety, and RB positions in the upcoming draft.

Kansas City newspaper says that they are looking for a lineman at Pick #5. So if they decide to do so (which in my personal opinion this would happen).( I Believe it is Trent Williams) we should run to the podium to snatch Eric Berry up at #6. Fox Sports Radio in LA (KLAC 570 am) had Eric on the radio and he said he went to Tennessee because his hometown college #1 choice Georgia didnt really recruit him. So he went to their rivals Tennessee to "DESTROY them"! Now with that type of personality, we might have another Kenny Easley on our hands. Then sign LT Charles Brown at #14.

(As others have said)

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
we should definately try and draft eric berry... every scourt has said hes pretty much flaweless and just as good looking as poly sanders and ed reed if not better

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Eric Berry at 6 and I agree if he is there take him and Then take Spiller if he is there at 14. Walking away with 2 of the top players in this draft could help and both guys would give the Hawks playmakers on both sides of the ball.
We can get a OT in the 2nd and DT/DE in the 4th or the other way around.
Just my opinion. So far i like what they are doing and the direction they are headed.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;47327 said:
Too bad we won't really know how well they will work out before the draft in 6 days.

Yes he was. He had one good season and was largely average or below average after that. He never came close to realizing his potential there.

He also played with average at best QBs on teams that ran close to 60% of the time; Had 2 good season 07 being his best...
In 08 he had a falling out with the coaching staff and was under utilized because of it.

Pretty sure you're judging potential on stats which isn't exactly fair to Reggie even with questionable work ethic and off field activity he was fairly dominant when given a chance in Jacksonville.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Reggie still holds the team record of 10 TD's in a season if I saw that correctly the other night.

Jacksonvill had some of the worst QB's in the time he was there and alot of the time because of his size they used him alot as a blocker. It was a really odd offense to watch.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
knownone;47347 said:
Pretty sure you're judging potential on stats which isn't exactly fair to Reggie even with questionable work ethic and off field activity he was fairly dominant when given a chance in Jacksonville.

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote.

You said he was dominant in Jacksonville. So you think he reached his potential there?

I'm not using stats to judge his potential whatsover. I'm using them to judge his past performance. It does not matter how he was used or if it was his fault or not, but he was not a dominant receiver in Jacksonville. Sorry.

I said he didn't realize his potential, meaning he could have been way better.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
When they played to his strengths he played to his pick level but Jac wasn't smart enough to play to that style.

Top Bottom