• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Has Wilson claimed young QB crown?

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
insider_wilson_luck_d1_576x324.jpg
Getty ImagesRussell Wilson has continued to soar while Andrew Luck has scuffled lately.
Robert Griffin III, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson alternated turns in the NFL's young quarterback spotlight last season. Griffin set the rookie record for passer rating. Kaepernick set playoff records on his way to the Super Bowl. Luck transformed a 2-14 team into an 11-5 contender. Wilson tied the rookie record for touchdown passes.

Their paths have diverged some lately. Griffin, Kaepernick and Luck have combined for a 2-7 record, 78.9 passer rating and 33.8 Total QBR score over the past three weeks. The figures are quite different for Wilson in his past three games. His Seattle Seahawks are 3-0. His passer rating (123.2) and QBR score (88.6) have surged in those games.

"I think it is unfair to these guys almost to keep their stock report based on wins and losses or what they did last week," a general manager contended recently.

The GM is right. Careers aren't defined over short stretches. But we're not talking about just three games here or there. With Wilson trailing only Peyton Manning in passer rating and QBR since Week 8 of last season, it was worth asking whether the Seahawks' second-year starter might be pulling away from the others in general -- and specifically from Luck, who was regarded as the top passing prospect in a generation. The numbers are striking, but they do not tell the full story.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I once owned a Chevy Monza with a 350 and corvette heads. I never lost a race yet when people talk about cars you never hear any mention of a Chevy Monza. The pretty boys will still be popular no matter what you do.

The media isn't worth the shit on my shoe.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The pretty boys will still be popular no matter what they do

That's the start of one hell of a poem.

Or maybe a good ending to one.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
insider_wilson_luck_d1_576x324.jpg
Getty ImagesRussell Wilson has continued to soar while Andrew Luck has scuffled lately.
Robert Griffin III, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson alternated turns in the NFL's young quarterback spotlight last season. Griffin set the rookie record for passer rating. Kaepernick set playoff records on his way to the Super Bowl. Luck transformed a 2-14 team into an 11-5 contender. Wilson tied the rookie record for touchdown passes.

Their paths have diverged some lately. Griffin, Kaepernick and Luck have combined for a 2-7 record, 78.9 passer rating and 33.8 Total QBR score over the past three weeks. The figures are quite different for Wilson in his past three games. His Seattle Seahawks are 3-0. His passer rating (123.2) and QBR score (88.6) have surged in those games.

"I think it is unfair to these guys almost to keep their stock report based on wins and losses or what they did last week," a general manager contended recently.

The GM is right. Careers aren't defined over short stretches. But we're not talking about just three games here or there. With Wilson trailing only Peyton Manning in passer rating and QBR since Week 8 of last season, it was worth asking whether the Seahawks' second-year starter might be pulling away from the others in general -- and specifically from Luck, who was regarded as the top passing prospect in a generation. The numbers are striking, but they do not tell the full story.
The pretty boys will still be popular no matter what they do

That's the start of one hell of a poem.

Or maybe a good ending to one.
I think Wilson is proving he was the best QB taken in the draft, not just this year but for a long time and already one of the top QB's in the NFL. He amazes me more every time I see him play.

Top Bottom