• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Grades are being passed out. Who makes the cut? Part 2

Reaction score
So I did one based on draft picks, so this one is based on FA's we picked up each offseason under Tim Ruskell

2008 FA's

(B+)Olindo Mare K/PK
(C)Julius Jones RB
(B-)Jeff Robinson LS
(B)D.D. Lewis OLB
(C+)Mike Wahle LG
(F)Jeb Putzier TE
(F)Chris Cooper DE
(C-)T.J. Duckett RB

Mare was a good pick up, Jones played great for like 2/3 weeks but sucked after that. Duckett had some good runs last season and rushed for the most TD's, but I never liked this pick up. I think we can all agree that Wahle was a let down and D.D. Lewis was a great pick up and played great for Hill.

2007 FA's

(C)Marcus Pollard TE
(B+)Patrick Kerney DE
(B-)Ellis Wyms DT
(F)Jason Babin DE/OLB
(C-)Brian Russell SS
(B)Deon Grant FS
(F)Alvin Pearman RB

Russell played well in his first season but we all know what happen since...Grant has been solid, Kerney was a beast. Pollard played pretty well during the season but really fucked it up in the playoffs. Overall this could be the best FA offseaon for Ruskell

2006 FA's

(D)Williams, Jimmy CB
(A+)Peterson, Julian OLB
(F)Ashworth, Tom LG
(C)Branch, Deion WR
(B+)Burleson, Nate WR
(C+)Russell Davis DT
(C+)Heller, Will TE

I would've given Branch a higher grade if it didn't cost us a 1st round pick. Burleson is bound to break out this season and played well in 2007. Peterson can go down as one of the best FA pick ups in Seahawks history. Both Davis and Heller played good enouth to earn solid C grades but thats it.

2005 FA's

(D)Williams, Jimmy CB
(F)Warrick, Peter WR
(F)Jamie Sharper LB
(D-)Scobey, Josh RB/KR
(A)Joe Jurevicius WR
(B-)Kelly Herndon CB
(B)Fisher, Bryce DE
(B-)Dyson, Andre CB
(C-)Bentley, Kevin OLB
(F)Araguz, Leo P

Jurevicius was by far the best FA out of this class. Dyson and Fisher played pretty well too.

So overall whats your take on Ruskell's FA pick ups?

Reaction score
Duckett is at least a B not even close to C-. Might not like the signing, but he did better than asked to. He was never signed to be the feature back, but rather the goal-line back and 3rd down back.

Reaction score
Bentley did well enough to land a spot in Cleveland. I would give him something better than a C plus he was a great special team player for us and even filled in nicely.

Heller was signed to be a role player not a starter. He did that for us I'd give him a C+.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Duckett is at least a B not even close to C-. Might not like the signing, but he did better than asked to. He was never signed to be the feature back, but rather the goal-line back and 3rd down back.

I gave him a C- due to us already having Weaver and me not understanding why we picked him up in the first place. He played well on 3 and 4th down short yardage and goal line but I felt like it was a reach picking him up. Having a RB on the roster for just short yardage is a luxury not a need. I belive a FB can do the same, especially when your roster is depleted. Duckett would've made more sense for 2007, not last year.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea. The Green Bay game alone gives him an F, but he was an upgrade over Jeremy "Oh look, I dropped the fucking ball again" Stevens.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeattleROCKHawks said:
Hawk096 said:

I gave him a C- due to us already having Weaver and me not understanding why we picked him up in the first place. He played well on 3 and 4th down short yardage and goal line but I felt like it was a reach picking him up. Having a RB on the roster for just short yardage is a luxury not a need. I belive a FB can do the same, especially when your roster is depleted. Duckett would've made more sense for 2007, not last year.

I disagree based on the Hawks inablility to convert 3 and shorts in 2007 was the reason Ducket was a need not a luxury and why we got him for 2008. He proved his worth to even though we had a shit season.

I think Mora has a good idea how to use a two back system with Jones/Duckett.
A cutter and a thumper. Lots of teams going to this.

Reaction score
Don't forget Forsett.

I think they see his potential.

I doubt they'd keep him around if they didn't see a future for him.

We need a nickname for the 3 of them... similar to what the giants have for their 3 backs.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The doobie brothers?

Earth, Wind, Fire.

Shake, Rattle, and roll...

I dunno, 94 usually comes up with good handles.

Top Bottom