• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Goodell " not cheering " about Sherman's rant

Idahawk

Reaction score
Guess what Rog fans are " not cheering " about what your doing and saying either . Fricken Hypocrite, can't tell me Sherm didn't drive up ratings on your network, making millions for the NFL . And I predict the highest rated Super Bowl in history , making the NFL billions of dollars

Not cheering Sherm , I beg to differ

#cashcow #ratingsbooster

Free Brandon Browner

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that that guy makes some ungodly amount of money. Guess he feels like he's got to earn his pay. Wonder what he does all day, other than sitting around thinking of potential new rules.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Pure bull$hit...all the NFL cares about is money. They knew about the concussion issue 12 years ago, but thought about how much the lawsuit would be so they ignored it. Now 12 years later they have a "protocol".

Anything the NFL can do to make more of that green they are all for. All while publicly saying different.

I'm shocked that there is such an uproar over a player using such terrible words as "he's a sorry player"? I mean of all the hundreds of profanity laced sentences that could have slipped out of his lips at that moment these words are considered the epitome of insults?

If he would have called him a "sorry @ss mother f#cker" would they have had him arrested? Would he be suspended?

The fact is the way Crabtree has apparently started and continued this feud is as "sorry" as his 52 yards in a Championship game.

Next time Crabs, shake the mans hand and say "Good Game".

And Sherman, just don't say anything until the day after winning the Superbowl...so that they really get pissed at you.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Somewhere I read he makes $30 million a year. He's the face the owners put before the public to take the heat. They could buy an ice cream plant for that money.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Somewhere I read he makes $30 million a year. He's the face the owners put before the public to take the heat. They could buy an ice cream plant for that money.

Goodell has only ever worked for the NFL since he was an intern in 87. Who goes from intern to commissioner; only an ass kisser of the team owners. His father was a senator so we know where his pompous ass kissing attitude comes from.

Since the NFL is nothing without players maybe a player should be in charge?

I think having their own network has done more for the NFL than any commissioner could do.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Goodell has only ever worked for the NFL since he was an intern in 87. Who goes from intern to commissioner; only an ass kisser of the team owners. His father was a senator so we know where his pompous ass kissing attitude comes from.

Since the NFL is nothing without players maybe a player should be in charge?

I think having their own network has done more for the NFL than any commissioner could do.

Well the NFL is a lot more than just players. The history of professional football in the USA is one of various leagues which all require money to run, lots of money. If it was simply only players then that would have been done long ago. But the players are greedy and not interested in their fellow players or those that came before. They are only concerned with their own contract with a team. Besides the players are represented by their union. The NFL Network has been huge but nowhere near the impact of the national TV contracts. I understand where Goodell is coming from with this as image is everything and Sherman giftwrappingly spoke to the negative stereotype from which monied people recoil. That impacts profits which will get a response faster from Goodell than any other issue.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sherman's Jersey moved into the top ten in sales , cha ching for NFL and Goodell . Merchandise accounted for 2.1 billion dollars for the nfl , not cheering is as far from the truth as it gets.

Free Brandon Browner

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Sherman's Jersey moved into the top ten in sales , cha ching for NFL and Goodell . Merchandise accounted for 2.1 billion dollars for the nfl , not cheering is as far from the truth as it gets.
Free Brandon Browner

Lets be real. The vast majority of NFL fans want to see carnage minus the injuries. Although thats almost impossible with a human body thats the attraction. They want a show. They want to be entertained.

As one boxer I despise said "50% of the people that watch me hope I get killed, whatever the reason its a butt in a seat."

This SB was already hyped for Manning, Sherman did them a huge favor by attracting the other percentage that didn't care.

All press is good press.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Free Brandon Browner

Well believe it or not jersey sales are peanuts compared to advertisers in general for the networks, including the NFL Network. Since the national TV contracts are negotiated based upon the amount of ad revenue generated image is everything. Its a fine line the NFL and all major sports have to walk given the reckless behavior of their man childs always kept in the public eye with 24/7/365 media coverage. The NBA has suffered because of the very 'image' that Sherman conveyed and Goodell doesn't want the NFL to suffer the same fate.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Lets be real. The vast majority of NFL fans want to see carnage minus the injuries. Although thats almost impossible with a human body thats the attraction. They want a show. They want to be entertained.

As one boxer I despise said "50% of the people that watch me hope I get killed, whatever the reason its a butt in a seat."

This SB was already hyped for Manning, Sherman did them a huge favor by attracting the other percentage that didn't care.

All press is good press.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

Most people watch the super bowl because of the event and betting on the game, not because of the teams playing.;)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Well believe it or not jersey sales are peanuts compared to advertisers in general for the networks, including the NFL Network. Since the national TV contracts are negotiated based upon the amount of ad revenue generated image is everything. Its a fine line the NFL and all major sports have to walk given the reckless behavior of their man childs always kept in the public eye with 24/7/365 media coverage. The NBA has suffered because of the very 'image' that Sherman conveyed and Goodell doesn't want the NFL to suffer the same fate.

So now Sherman's 12 seconds of non-profanity bravado is equal to the NBA's image of pot heads, tattoos, gun charges and general thuggish behavior?

Because of course Sherman is a black athlete from Compton, wears dreads and got all uppity? I'm not saying that you think that, but that's what a lot of people put into their condemnation of the comments.

I get he was brash and full of himself but come on, he's done way way more talking than that outburst and nobody cared. Calling a player "sorry" is nothing compared to all the other words that could have been used.

I like what Cris Collinsworth and especially Phil Simms said on this subject "I'm glad they didn't have Mic's on the field when I played, people would be appalled because I said a lot worse than that. I don't have a problem with it."

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
So now Sherman's 12 seconds of non-profanity bravado is equal to the NBA's image of pot heads, tattoos, gun charges and general thuggish behavior?

Because of course Sherman is a black athlete from Compton, wears dreads and got all uppity? I'm not saying that you think that, but that's what a lot of people put into their condemnation of the comments.

I get he was brash and full of himself but come on, he's done way way more talking than that outburst and nobody cared. Calling a player "sorry" is nothing compared to all the other words that could have been used.

I like what Cris Collinsworth and especially Phil Simms said on this subject "I'm glad they didn't have Mic's on the field when I played, people would be appalled because I said a lot worse than that. I don't have a problem with it."

Lets not forget that the NFL has more than its share of pot heads, tattoos, gun charges and general thuggish behavior. Look at the moronic fan behavior all too common for too many NFL stadiums and you can see why advertisers might get skittish.

Its not because he was "uppity" as the earlier Richie Incognito phone messages fiasco that went on for weeks proved. Its because he acted as if he was out of control, egotistical, demeaning and scared the crap out of the lady interviewer and it was taped and seen by so many people. Its on tape. It will always be available.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Erin Andrews praised Sherman for his honesty , she loved it . Actually he was ranting to another reporter and she chased him down, she'll probably win an Emmy ! Scared is completely inaccurate. The kids game telephone comes to mind, the more the story gets repeated the worse it gets . What's next he bitch Slapped her with his pimp hand ? Lol

Free Brandon Browner

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Erin Andrews praised Sherman for his honesty , she loved it . Actually he was ranting to another reporter and she chased him down, she'll probably win an Emmy ! Scared is completely inaccurate. The kids game telephone comes to mind, the more the story gets repeated the worse it gets . What's next he bitch Slapped her with his pimp hand ? Lol

Free Brandon Browner

Thats what she has to say. Look at her at the end. She's scared because she was standing next to someone who looked like he was nearly out of control. No doubt its a career coup for her.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Thats what she has to say. Look at her at the end. She's scared because she was standing next to someone who looked like he was nearly out of control. No doubt its a career coup for her.

She went after him and the producers cut her off. She had got a big hug from him right before the interview.

Do your homework...watch the uncut entire piece...she wasn't scared.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
She went after him and the producers cut her off. She had got a big hug from him right before the interview.

Do your homework...watch the uncut entire piece...she wasn't scared.

OK then why was she cut off? Because she looked scared.

Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that that guy makes some ungodly amount of money. Guess he feels like he's got to earn his pay. Wonder what he does all day, other than sitting around thinking of potential new rules.
Sitting around thinking of more ways to ruin the game. His new thing now is getting rid of the extra point try and kickoffs altogether. I wish he and David "Oye Vey" Stern would both off each other in a hotel bathroom.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
BS

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Sitting around thinking of more ways to ruin the game. His new thing now is getting rid of the extra point try and kickoffs altogether.

Extra point try is boring. Now that kickoffs are at the 35 there are much fewer returns (with Zuerlein kicking), hence boring. The game has always evolved.

Top Bottom