• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game thread: Hawks @ Packers

Reaction score
Hate to make too much out of preseason games... But each one of these games has made me more nervous about this season. Sounds weird when you look at the record, but I'm not impressed with the offense or the defense... Wilson hasn't looked very good in any of the games. His line for week 2 was good, but I don't feel like he played as well as his numbers indicated. That INT he threw today when he was trying to go to Baldwin down the seam was bad.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Hate to make too much out of preseason games... But each one of these games has made me more nervous about this season. Sounds weird when you look at the record, but I'm not impressed with the offense or the defense... Wilson hasn't looked very good in any of the games. His line for week 2 was good, but I don't feel like he played as well as his numbers indicated. That INT he threw today when he was trying to go to Baldwin down the seam was bad.

He is playing similar to how he played at the start of last season. Doesn't seem so sure of things. Perhaps he's just shaking off the rust before the season starts. I'm not going to worry too much. This is the guy that single handedly brought us back from 20-0 in the playoffs.

Defense seemed to have improved tremendously against the run. McDaniels seems really stout against the run. Pass defense was another story. Sherman got picked on a few times and gave up a few plays. Browner didn't look sharp either. Cannot believe they let some Junior College jackoff drive down and score on them. That wasn't even Rodgers!! Pass rush still isn't there. They couldn't get home even with some Habib off the scrap heap at LT.

Penalties were just stupid. I do think the refs were being ridiculous. They were throwing flags for everything. The one against Wagner "helmet to helmet" was 100% clean. They are getting trigger happy and it's ruining the game.

After all is said and done, it's still only preseason.

Reaction score
We have used a super vanilla offense, so that probably has something to do with it, but I'm still a little concerned.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
On a positive note, McGrath and Willson looked pretty good at TE.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Moon was saying pass protection on straight drop back passing isn't a strongsuit of this O-line.
They seem to have handled it much better last year. This exact group. It seemed out of character that Wilson just stood there and held onto the ball instead of moving around and avoiding the pressure.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
They seem to have handled it much better last year. This exact group. It seemed out of character that Wilson just stood there and held onto the ball instead of moving around and avoiding the pressure.

That was weird game for RW. I'm thinking PC told him not to run and just toss it around, no pressure. Because the 1st int was fluke but the 2nd he held up but threw it anyway. Remember Bob, this is preseason and RW has the job, getting out without injury should be goal #1.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Two teams that could face each other in the playoffs l like the idea of not showing them anything and maybe that's why it looked do un practiced and sloppy , because it was .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Packers came out with a big ass chip, played harder then us. I agree with Bob, RW hasnt been as sharp as I expected either. The 2nd pick was bad decision, and he was standing tall in a clean pocket. Still... RW is human afterall (right?) and this is the pre-season.

Thought C. Michael was sensational! Agree with One, we defended the run better and that is numeral uno for me. I thought #69 and #74(moffitts old #) the new DT Sealver looked good and got some good push inside. I also thought sweezey looked good, except for penalties. He is starting to playlike a starting OG now. Still would like to get Carp in on the rotation.

Top Bottom