• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Grub .

Idahawk

Reaction score
Just wondering who the cooks are out there and what sort of things people cook up for the games ? Yesterday I whipped up some Nebraska Beef Buns or Bierocks , which are buns stuffed with meat and cabbage and then baked, they were a huge hit . I also did some chicken lolli pops and a bacon bomb on the smoker.

S

Seattlehawk94

Did a smoked turkey for Kickoff Weekend for 12 hours in the smokehouse..

Yesterday...Sliders, went to the bar and they were a buck..Dish got hit by neighbor kids and had no TV..Haha..You want to see livid, me..Yesterday...First regular season Seahawks game I watched at a bar since the Deadskins game in 2005...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm lazy. I eat whatever I can find. I spend my time either brewing or finding a good beer (which really is not hard in Seattle). Yesterday was an Elysian Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout and my own wheat beer.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Did a smoked turkey for Kickoff Weekend for 12 hours in the smokehouse..

Yesterday...Sliders, went to the bar and they were a buck..Dish got hit by neighbor kids and had no TV..Haha..You want to see livid, me..Yesterday...First regular season Seahawks game I watched at a bar since the Deadskins game in 2005...

Do you brine your birds ?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm lazy. I eat whatever I can find. I spend my time either brewing or finding a good beer (which really is not hard in Seattle). Yesterday was an Elysian Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout and my own wheat beer.

I have been making hard cider , I'm not pressing the apples or anything that difficult . Found a version that takes about 6 weeks , comes out pretty good .

S

Seattlehawk94

Some Jack Daniel's and pure cane sugar too...Then I baste it with that every few hours..

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Doug's Big Easy Beef Barbecue:

Cook up some lean ground beef in a wok or other sauce pan on the stove. Add a little italian dressing (provides that vinegar & garlic tangy taste). Smother the top of the meat with honey barbecue sauce (adds the big sweet and yummy taste). Cook it up like you were making taco meat. No seasoning or salt needed.

In Okinawa Japan, the Mama sans make a Taco Rice & Cheese Dish for the Marines stationed there. It's simply a plate of rice with taco meat scooped over the rice and topped with cheese. Great stuff, but I like my own barbecue version even better, and it's more blood pressure friendly without the salty seasonings.

The meat stores really well in any plastic container, so I can quickly heat it and poor it over nachos, or spoon it into some tortillas (flour or white corn) and make tacos in under five minutes. Actually if I have the meat already made & stored, then I can make myself a meal during a single commercial break.

Some of the local mexican restauraunts will sell me their unsalted tortilla chips too, not on the menu, just gotta ask.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have been making hard cider , I'm not pressing the apples or anything that difficult . Found a version that takes about 6 weeks , comes out pretty good .

I have always wanted to try a cider. It's catching on big over here. The best beer bar in Seattle is about a mile from my house and they just got done with a "cider week."

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Putting a Boston Butt on the smoker tonight for about 14 -16 hours , and I am going to make some ABT's ( atomic buffalo turds ) which are Jalapenos stuffed with seasoned cream cheese, a little smokey sausage, then wrapped with a half a slice of bacon and put on the smoker at 250 for an hour and a half or so .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I have always wanted to try a cider. It's catching on big over here. The best beer bar in Seattle is about a mile from my house and they just got done with a "cider week."

I'm doing one gallon of 100% apple juice, sugar, champagne yeast and two cinnamon sticks, it ferments about 4-6 weeks , the champagne yeast is super aggressive so I can't bottle the cider without wire ties. The first time I made a batch I used an organic juice and the cider was really cloudy, since then I have been using a store bought brand and got a nice clear cider, it has a sneaky kick to it .

S

Seattlehawk94

I'm doing a salmon because its an early game and Lox and Bagels from scratch sounds like a good breakfast plan..Or maybe smoked salmon omlets?

Hmm...

Reaction score
If I make anything during the game its usually just nachos lol. But then again, I just hangout at home on game days.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Today were going Carolina style, I have 6 racks of baby backs going on the smoker for about 4-5 hrs, and I made a carolina mop sauce . In Carolina they use a vinegar based sauce as opposed to a tomato based sauce so you get a tangy taste. For smoke wood I'm using Oak and Cherry. The Seahawks flag is flying high in the front yard !!! I love gameday !

Reaction score
Dude that sounds awesome. You guys go all out. I just roll out of bed at 9, throw one of my jerseys on, and stare at the TV all day lol.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dude that sounds awesome. You guys go all out. I just roll out of bed at 9, throw one of my jerseys on, and stare at the TV all day lol.

Its amazing how many friends you have when you have the sunday ticket and cook on a BBQ team, LOL .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Today were going with a " Lowland Boil " Corn on the cob , spuds, shrimp, crab legs all boiled in a huge pot with old bay seasoning. We got a whole bunch of oysters for the grill and I made some pig candy which is bacon packed with brown sugar and smoked until its crispy . Go Seahawks !

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think hell froze over. IDA and 94 are having a civil conversation! :)

And your guy's food sounds DAMN good.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Made some Pork Verde and Rice. mimosas for kick off time . Rainy cold day just right for staying in and watching football all day

Go Hawks !

Top Bottom