• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Forsett

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I can explain this any clearer. If you are paying millions to your top draft picks and they are warming the bench, that's a big problem. It's like paying $2,000 for a new TV only to find out the TV you paid $500 for works as good or better, but you can't take the $2,000 TV back and it sits in the box unused.

When the guys you are paying big bucks to produce are not, that is a problem. I'm not sure why this hard to comprehend.

Reaction score
more like you pay 5k for a HDTV before the HD cable is run to your house so you put up with the older guy until the 'rookie' is ready.

I would rather pay 2 guys this year big bucks to sit and learn (like most QB's and some RB and LT) so that next year they can lead this team down the right path. Winning.

Reaction score
In my opinion Hawthorne is BETTER than Tatupu
yeah I said it BETTER. Tatupu is only better in experience. Hawthorne is better at finding the ball and getting off blocks BY FAR. That is why he is the teams leading tackler and he has played fewer games.

Number 18 said:
You are missing the point. Is Hawthorne a great story? Sure. But you have your "star" LB on IR sitting on the sidelines. Has Forsett done some good things? You bet. But don't you think it is a problem when your impact players on both sides of the ball are 7th rounders or undrafted and not the guys you drafted and signed to be the core of the team? It is not a knock on Forsett or Hawthorne, rather a criticism of our personnel department.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I'm not sure how I can explain this any clearer. If you are paying millions to your top draft picks and they are warming the bench, that's a big problem. It's like paying $2,000 for a new TV only to find out the TV you paid $500 for works as good or better, but you can't take the $2,000 TV back and it sits in the box unused.

When the guys you are paying big bucks to produce are not, that is a problem. I'm not sure why this hard to comprehend.

I totally get the point you are making. It is a negative on personnel management, but it should not take anything away from guys like Hawthorne or Forsett, and their accomplishments.

On another note, anyone see the Seahawks All-Access this week? There was a shot of Lawyer Milloy ripping Curry a new one on the sidelines after Curry missed an openfield tackle on Jackson. Then some other player tried to come to Curry's defense and Milloy told him to eff off. It was awesome. That guy is old, but he brings a good veteran presence to our D.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Yeah and what is Parker doing now? Warming the bench.

Only because Mendenhall is a beast..

Parker is still an above average running back. I'd rather have him than any of the backs we have now.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Ok I like Forsett, I love the way he runs. But he is WAY too small to be a starter.

He's about the same size as Barry Sanders and he started pretty well. ;)

(And no, I'm not saying they're comparable, only that size isn't that much of a restriction sometimes.)

BTW, I say Josh Wilson could be our D MVP. Very impressed so far from what little I've seen. Nice to see his INT return make SportsCenter's top ten plays of the week (at #5)!!

Reaction score
I just think Forsett is better suited as a complimentary back... We just need a better back for him to compliment lol.

And if Wilson was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd be an elite CB. I'd be 100% content with him as a NB... He's a hell of a ball hawk, I'd like to see how he would do as a safety... I mean I know he's way too small, but I'm just curious how it would work.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
i disagree with trying Josh Wilson at safety. his height/size would be MORE of a weakness.

height can be a disadvantage too at Cornerback. do you honestly think a 6'4'' corner could cover Steve Smith or Santonio Holmes or Wes Welker as well as Josh Wilson probably could? a 6'4'' guy would get juked out of his shoes and he'd be getting burnt all day.

6 of the top 10 leading WRs right now are 6'0'' or shorter by the way... look it up

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
squirreljack said:
height can be a disadvantage too at Cornerback. do you honestly think a 6'4'' corner could cover Steve Smith or Santonio Holmes or Wes Welker as well as Josh Wilson probably could? a 6'4'' guy would get juked out of his shoes and he'd be getting burnt all day.

Why would a 6'4" cornerback get juked out of his shoes and burned any more than a 5'9" cornerback? It has to do with your intelligence, how you control your body, and how fast you are. Shorter does not equate to better in any of these categories. Neither does taller.

Reaction score
squirreljack said:
i disagree with trying Josh Wilson at safety. his height/size would be MORE of a weakness.

6 of the top 10 leading WRs right now are 6'0'' or shorter by the way... look it up

I know. I acknowledged that. But I think it would be interesting to see how he played there.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
squirreljack said:

I know. I acknowledged that. But I think it would be interesting to see how he played there.

Yeah I think it would be an interesting experiment to watch. He'd get a lot of picks, but if a big back or TE broke into the secondary he would end up on his back.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
squirreljack said:

I think we should try Eric Berry first. :D

Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
squirreljack said:

I think we should try Eric Berry first. :D

haha. Why not both? :shock: lol

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think you knock personnel management or the players for Hawethorne or forsett's sucess.
I think if anything got to applaud them for finding these guys in later rounds. These guys are playing for roster spots too, so they are playing for thier life!

I think it comes down to guys getting soft and end up on the IR when they get the big, fat, money, deal.

Point in case, Tatupu, Hill, Branch.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
there is a HUGE difference between Bob Sanders and Josh Wilson in terms of size though...

Sanders i built like an IHOP omelette... something you don't want to take on yourself or you will PAY FOR IT later...

Wilson is built like an 11 year-old japanese girl.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
squirreljack said:

Why would a 6'4" cornerback get juked out of his shoes and burned any more than a 5'9" cornerback? It has to do with your intelligence, how you control your body, and how fast you are. Shorter does not equate to better in any of these categories. Neither does taller.

yes i agree that it DOES have to do with how you control your body... but a 5'9'' guy naturally has a lower center of gravity so he can usually change directions faster. i'm not talking about straight-line speed, just quickness... stop-and-go.

Top Bottom