• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Former Buc and Bear Gaines Adams Dead

Reaction score
Adams passed away this morning of cardiac arrest in his hometown. He was 26 and a former college teammate of Leroy Hill. Hill put as his facebook status "R.I.P Gaines (2 Young 2 Go)". He was the fourth overall selection of the 2007 Draft and had been traded to the Bears at the begining of the year. He's the second active player to die in consecutive months. Chris Henry of the Bengals died in December. An autopsy and investigation of Adam's death will be conducted, but it appears he died of a heart attack due to cardiac arrest.

Reaction score
I was shocked when I heard this. I mean he was a first round pick what, 2 years ago? There's been a lot of celebrity deaths for people under 35 lately. No one should die that young, but especially not a guy who was in the physical conditions Gaines was in. My thought are with his friends ad family, RIP Gaines Adams.

Reaction score
It's one of those "OH MY....." moments when you see it/hear it on ESPN or the radio, and you can't say a word and you get a lump in your throat. God bless his family in abundance.....

Top Bottom