• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 2 Preview - Hawks vs Cowboys

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence. LOL

This game to me seems like a game that will go down as either a really ugly loss or a complete massacre. All depends on which Tony Romo shows up and which Seahawks Defense shows up. I know the 12th man has a special place in their hearts for Romo and expect them to be loud as f*ck!! Irvin could have a break out game, 2 sacks and a forced fumble, recovered by KJ Wright for a TD :D

Or, Romo is just fine, and Dallas D along with Ware and Rob Ryans unique blitz schemes make Russell Wilson regret giving up on baseball.

As much as it pains me to say this, I am leaning towards the latter.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Pretty good annalysis, definetly will be a tough home opener.
I do disagree with putting in max protect (2 TE/2RB), I like Brocks stategy of spreading it out alittle bit, giving RW a oppurtunity to read the defense (BLITZ!) and giving him some short pass options in the flats.
MORE Y BANNANS!

Also think we hold a slight edge on the OL, we were not good last week, but I think at home and I like a healthy Moffit over the rookie JR.

Also like our LB core, secondary over the Boyz.

Keys to the game: RUN THE BALL / PRESSURE ON HOMO, while maintaining contian. Watch the cutbacks!

Reaction score
I know I'm biased, but I don't think there's anyway any other secondary in the league should even tie with ours. I mean Marcus Trufant is our nickleback lol.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think this is a game where you cut Wilson loose, Dallas will be licking their chops after seeing what zona did . Lynch runs very well against Dallas and at home when he gets 50 or more yards its a win . Keeping Wilson moving and moving the pocket as well as quick hits and screens and also controlling the clock will be the keys to the game.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I think this is a game where you cut Wilson loose, Dallas will be licking their chops after seeing what zona did . Lynch runs very well against Dallas and at home when he gets 50 or more yards its a win . Keeping Wilson moving and moving the pocket as well as quick hits and screens and also controlling the clock will be the keys to the game.
i agree 100%... the play-calls last week where not in Wilson advantage, in the preseason they let him play his game and he won, i think we do a heavy amount of runs with short passes to move the ball and keep the defense guessing, instead of having 3-10 each time.. also our defense needs to attack HOMO early and get him all flustrated plus the noise of the 12 man..

Idahawk

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say we need to keep Romo and those weapons off the field, as it is we will have to score more then 16 points in this one for sure.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I know I'm biased, but I don't think there's anyway any other secondary in the league should even tie with ours. I mean Marcus Trufant is our nickleback lol.

funny guy, what about the other 4 starting DB's? They didnt use tru that much. Also I like Jeremey Lane, I think he could be a corner or knickle, him or Winston Guy.

Reaction score
Those are all things that would make sense. Which means Bevell will do the opposite.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Those are all things that would make sense. Which means Bevell will do the opposite.

Vegas has us down 3 at home. Remember when we were actually respected, good times.

It is strange how a team can figure out how to finally win, then replace the coaches and throw it all out. Wonder if Green Bay has held onto any of thier coaches methods?

Reaction score
funny guy, what about the other 4 starting DB's? They didnt use tru that much. Also I like Jeremey Lane, I think he could be a corner or knickle, him or Winston Guy.

What's funny about that? Trufant is stilll a damn good player. And Guy is taking over Bigby's "bandit" role.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Just watched Wilsons pre-game press conference from seahawks.com. He somehow does not seem as confident as he usually does.. I just dont believe he steps up his game enough to get the win just yet. I seriously hope he proves me wrong!

OP
E

EmDiggy

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks Gang! The biggest failure of week one was the OL's inability to pick up stunts... Hopefully that improves this week for you guys!

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Just watched Wilsons pre-game press conference from seahawks.com. He somehow does not seem as confident as he usually does.. I just dont believe he steps up his game enough to get the win just yet. I seriously hope he proves me wrong!
we aLL HOPE HE PROVES YOU WRONG...LOL

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
we aLL HOPE HE PROVES YOU WRONG...LOL

Old Coherd said it pretty well this morning, flashy high energy QB's don't do as well as quite head down QB's. I'm starting to really thing PC is a flim flam man with neon lights and a quick tongue. It really bothered me when his first order of business when he joined the hawks was pushing his book.

"Have I got a deal for you!"

He better right the ship before the facade falls away. The timing for Rdub is not right now.

Top Bottom