• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FANTASTIC Article - Share with Anyone and Everyone

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I know it is not Seahawks related, but it is Seattle related. Let me put out the normal disclaimers:

1. I do not care for the NBA. I only liked the Sonics because they were from Seattle.
2. I post this because I despise what Clay Bennett and has lackeys did as it has major implications for any sport and because it was just plain evil. I would root for the Pittsburgh Stealers before I would root for the Thunder.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/168311/why-we-should-all-root-miami-heat#

Reaction score
Great article!! Was in OKC last week for work. Saw a chick wearing one of those "thank you Seattle" shirts at bdubs. Thought about calling her out but she was with her little kid.

Reaction score
I've been rooting for the Heat for a while now. I feel like one of the only people, who isn't a Heat, fan ho had no problem with what they did down there. They're a fun team to watch, then when the Thunder made it to the Finals I went into full on, although very temporary, Miami Heat fan mode. I didn't think Boston stood a chance against OKC, this is Lebron's third time to the Finals and he Has been playing out of his mind this postseason. You can tell how much he wants this, so hopefully he goes off in the Finals like Dirk did last year.

Reaction score
Never had a problem with the whole 'big 3' in Miami. I've been a fan of LeBron for a long time. The guy is a phenomenal player. Was rooting hard for them last year against the Mavs. I'm a Blazers fan and I hate that Horse-faced motherf*&$#$ SS Nazi Nowitzi with a passion!!

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Reaction score

Idahawk

Reaction score
Thanks to these writers for helping Seattle become the whiniest sports town in America!

Get over it and work on getting a new team and move on.....newsflash there not coming back.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks to these writers for helping Seattle become the whiniest sports town in America!

Get over it and work on getting a new team and move on.....newsflash there not coming back.

Tell that to any town that has lost a team...

And I am not sure how I would consider either of them whining. I would be surprised if you actually read either of them.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tell that to any town that has lost a team...

And I am not sure how I would consider either of them whining. I would be surprised if you actually read either of them.

First of all " Surprize " and second of all you probably don't even see these stories if the Thunder don't make it to the finals so IMO its sour grapes. Put the blame on whom to you want in the whole situation, bottom line is if we didn't pay these players the ridiculous amounts we do then teams could and would stay and owners wouldn't have to always be looking for ways to make more money . Which BTW is not a bad thing !

Are people more butt hurt about Durant being so dam good or losing the team.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You would not see these stories NATIONALLY if the team was not in the Finals. But the last time I checked, things like Sonicsgate were made when the Thunder still sucked. Oddly, neither of the authors of the linked stories live in Seattle. One was here when he worked for the Sonics. So I am not sure how they play into your portraying Seattle as the whiniest city.

As for people being "butt hurt," it is more about losing the team. At least for anyone that I have talked to. That is what annoys me about it. Of course, if they perennially sucked, the annoyance would not be as great.

Ultimately, it does come down to the fact that for owners, a team is a business. Unfortunately, that does not align with what a team is to fans.

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's because guys can write stories like this and re kindle all the emotions in order to sell what ever rag they work for or to get ratings for what ever network they work for and all the fish take the bait. These stories don't help the hurt only a new team and looking to future will. I don't applaud these stories because they don't tell me anything I didn't already know, its as transparent as it gets .

Right or wrong it is what it is, did we get awarded the Superbowl after we whined about the refs????? Same situation here, its over and done with and when the finals are over this topic dies as it should.

Reaction score
When the team was taken in such a sickening matter, then only a few years later they make it to the NBA finals largely due to the contributions of two players that were drafted when the team was here and are now superstars... I'd say that's bound to open up those wounds again, and I think we have a right to complain. At the same time Hansen is out there doing what he can, Today he said Steve Ballmer and the Nordstroms were working with him. But even wnen we get a team, the sting won't go away completely. I'd say until we have a team that can compete with and beat the Thunder we'll still be bitter everytime we have to face Durrant putting up 35+. And that probably won't be for a while. You'd have to figure that we won't be getting a good team, and OKC is built to be good for a long time.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I get the entire fans being hurt part, yet I can understand that there was little any fan can do about the situation.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
That's because guys can write stories like this and re kindle all the emotions in order to sell what ever rag they work for or to get ratings for what ever network they work for and all the fish take the bait. These stories don't help the hurt only a new team and looking to future will. I don't applaud these stories because they don't tell me anything I didn't already know, its as transparent as it gets .

Right or wrong it is what it is, did we get awarded the Superbowl after we whined about the refs????? Same situation here, its over and done with and when the finals are over this topic dies as it should.

People whine about Seattle not getting exposure and then when it does, they whine about the kind of exposure. I think it is a safe bet if I had posted an article that was laughing at Seattle for losing the Sonics, you would be pissy about that, too.

I liked that a guy called out fans for rooting against "evil." So what? As I pointed out, I'm not sure how it makes Seattle a whiny city when the guy isn't even from Seattle.

And I guess if you knew that Howard Schultz gave custom $3.50 Starbucks cards as Christmas gifts, then you have some inside knowledge most others are not privy to, but I learned a lot from the articles. I enjoy reading other viewpoints and gaining a better understanding of what has happened. I use the past to learn about the future.

Idahawk

Reaction score
People whine about Seattle not getting exposure and then when it does, they whine about the kind of exposure. I think it is a safe bet if I had posted an article that was laughing at Seattle for losing the Sonics, you would be pissy about that, too.

I liked that a guy called out fans for rooting against "evil." So what? As I pointed out, I'm not sure how it makes Seattle a whiny city when the guy isn't even from Seattle.

And I guess if you knew that Howard Schultz gave custom $3.50 Starbucks cards as Christmas gifts, then you have some inside knowledge most others are not privy to, but I learned a lot from the articles. I enjoy reading other viewpoints and gaining a better understanding of what has happened. I use the past to learn about the future.

Well I didn't call you a whiner ? No need to explain your position I could really care less. My point is move on NOTHING will come of these stories or any documentary to help get a new team. It all comes down to money and that's it. Nothing personal just business.

And the gift card story came out a while back I guess you don't read the news huh. Glad it mentions the millions that Starbucks donates to charities worldwide. fucking selfish people

Top Bottom