• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ezekiel Ansah

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He is #24 in CBS rookie ranking, so it puts him right on our pick.

My thoughts on him:
He had an impressive Senior Bowl game, practice not so much. From Ghana, Africa, only started playing FB in 2010 so has tremendous upside. To me he seems have a week upper body, so not overwhelming power, but ideal size and good speed.
He's not my favorite, but I would be happy to get him at our spot, no reaching. No two top round players are worth one unless you know his name is Russell Wilson.

So what do you think of your boy dion jordon? 1st or 2nd rounder?

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I think he'll go in the 1st... He's solid. He's got insane length. Needs to put on some weight. I heard somewhere that he's recovering from an injury/surgery and won't lift at the combine. Might hurt his stock.

Kind of surprised how fast he's come on the scene though. Until this season, no one outside of Oregon paid him any attention, now he's creeping up into the top 15 on some mocks.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I'd take Ansah over Jordan. Dion fits that prototypical OLB/rush-end mold. He's got good speed and length, but lacks the size and strength.

Ansah to me just looks the part of that "can do everything" DE. At 6'6 270lb, the dude can take on most NFL caliber tackles and have a pretty good day. I watched him vs Oregon State last season, and he went to work against a pretty good oline. Also saw him in the Senior Bowl and he dominated that whole game. Whenever he was on the field, his name was called on almost every play. Practice? We talkin bout practice? Not worried about a kid who is from Africa and hadn't played a snap of foobtall until 2010 having one or two bad practices. Put on the game, and watch him dominate. His motor is high. He blows up running plays, has really good sideline to sideline speed and harasses the QB all day.

Ansah = JPP... IMHO and I want him in a Hawks uniform

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Ansah a ton, I think in the event we did draft him, he could learn from Big Red and Clemons and really develop into a stud DE. He has tremendous upside and raw talent. I would be cool with this pick. However with all that said, I still want Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams, or Keenan Allen (not in any order of favorites.)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Ansah a ton, I think in the event we did draft him, he could learn from Big Red and Clemons and really develop into a stud DE. He has tremendous upside and raw talent. I would be cool with this pick. However with all that said, I still want Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams, or Keenan Allen (not in any order of favorites.)

No DeAndre Hopkins? This guy is gonning to be a star at the next level.

Also i like http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631952/datone-jones and he may fall to the 2nd round, though lately he has accended. I think he is good all purpose LE rotate with Red and even BI.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Cordarelle Patterson and Justin Hunter are both interesting guys too.

No doubt, really like Justin Hunter, body type and elite speed remind me of Mike Wallace. If we go DL in 1st like to see us target him in round 2.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hunter isn't THAT fast... Patterson is probably the faster out of the two.

Okay maybe ELITE is too strong a word, ( i took it from Rob Rang) but.... I he might get sub 4.4 at the combine and thats f'in fast.
We are not getting CP, but keep dreaming Bob.

Like I said Hunter, would be solid 2nd round pick up, since we are so deep in the rounds.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
think austin has the best shot, Hopkins I doubt, you watch, hunter got wheels. He hasnt got a lot of attention becuase he behind CP, but I like him as an outside, deep threat.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see who we pick if we do go WR due to the fact it's such a deep position this year. I saw Mel Kiper at 4/5 of his top skill position players were WRs. Not saying I trust anything Kiper says however, it is telling. I would almost feel comfortable going WR in the second of some fall and maybe addressing another need in the first. Just depends on how it plays out.

Reaction score
If we could trade Flynn and a 4th for an early-mid 2nd rounder we could really do some damage... Especially if Ansah (doubtful), Jarvis Jones, or Allen fall to us in the first.

If things fall our way, we could get a haul...
1. Ansah
2. Justin Hunter/Tavon Austin
2. Kasheem Green/Arthur Brown

1. Allen
2. Dion Jordan (probably won't be there)/Datone Jones

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Hunter/Austin or Jordan/D.Jones
2. Hunter and Jordan won't be here, so Austin/D.Jones

Then we can target a DT in the 3rd or... I know we don't need a TE, but I really like Vance Mcdonald out of Rice. In the 5th maybe target a project 3rd string QB (I'm assuming we sign someone like Matt Moore to be a back up) maybe the guy from Duke, but they'll probably find another Sherman or Chancellor lol.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Austin with a 4.34
Hunter 4.44
Patterson 4.42

I cant believe some of the time adjustments, Austin/Goodwin unofficial best time: 4.25.
Hunter 4.1

Hopkins was slower then I thought too. Still, put the pads on, he can play.
I liked Markus Davis too, big and fast WR probably 6th rounder.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If we could trade Flynn and a 4th for an early-mid 2nd rounder we could really do some damage... Especially if Ansah (doubtful), Jarvis Jones, or Allen fall to us in the first.

If things fall our way, we could get a haul...
1. Ansah
2. Justin Hunter/Tavon Austin

1. Allen
2. Dion Jordan (probably won't be there)/Datone Jones

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Hunter/Austin or Jordan/D.Jones
2. Hunter and Jordan won't be here, so Austin/D.Jones

Then we can target a DT in the 3rd or... I know we don't need a TE, but I really like Vance Mcdonald out of Rice. In the 5th maybe target a project 3rd string QB (I'm assuming we sign someone like Matt Moore to be a back up) maybe the guy from Duke, but they'll probably find another Sherman or Chancellor lol.

Don't tease me with such an idea until it happens xD

Top Bottom