• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ex-Husky/Seahawk Missing

Reaction score
Linebacker Marquis Cooper a member of the 2006 Seahawks is missing on his fishing boat along with Lion Corey Smith. Cooper currently a member of the Raiders had one tackle in his Seahawk career. He is a five-year veteran. Two other non-football players are on the boat.

Reaction score
I read they were on a 21 foot boat in 5-7 foot seas. A boat that size with 4 big dudes on it doesn't do very well in seas that size. Hope they're alright...

Idahawk

Reaction score
reports say one guy freaked and took off his vest...later another freaked threw some punches and took off his vest and swam under the water and never surfaced and that the other guy thought he saw land and started swimming for it

What the hell went on out there ? ...why would you take your vest off ?...Were these guys on drugs ? very weird story......

Reaction score
Not uncommon for hypothermia cases. Many are found and thought to be the victim of a sex crime because they are naked when found. The blood rushing back into your body does crazy stuff to your brain, and at the very last point it makes you feel really hot.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Not uncommon for hypothermia cases. Many are found and thought to be the victim of a sex crime because they are naked when found. The blood rushing back into your body does crazy stuff to your brain, and at the very last point it makes you feel really hot.

I had hypothermia, a snowmoble trip that went wrong...and I just remember wanting to lay down in the snow and sleep.

The survivor who was in the water far longer was not that bad...this was the first night with these guys hard to believe it got to that stage that fast..but I'm no doctor..something weird happened...

Reaction score
You don't need to drop your temp all that far to get hypothermia. Being submersed in the water is the best way to bring your temperature down rapidly, but who knows. The survivor could have gotten up on the boat or maybe had more body fat as insulation? Maybe swallowing alot of salt water? Horrifying one way or another.

Reaction score
It could have been hypothermia. Or it could have been the fact that they were floating on an overturned boat in the middle of the ocean with no people or land in sight for over 24 hours. Those situations tend to make people go crazy pretty darn quick.

Top Bottom