• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Edge, What do you think?

S

Seattlehawk94

Really I think it's a good signing, dude showed he had gas in the tank last year in the playoffs...He wasn't fitting in with the Cruds because they are a glorified run and shoot team that runs the ball about 30% of the time...I think this is a major upgrade over Julia Joan...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Naw. Jones is better than Duckett.

Makes you wonder though, how the hell can other teams be stacked deep with decent running backs and we have a pile of crap?

Reaction score
Number 18 said:

Makes you wonder though, how the hell can other teams be stacked deep with decent running backs and we have a pile of crap?

Duckett was great at his job last year... he's a wrecking ball.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Number 18 said:

I don't remember too many good things about Duckett. He just plain dissapoints me. Edge...hmmm....I think he's a lot better then Julius, but I also don't want to see Forsett take a step back. So drop Duckett, I dont see any upside to him. If you wanna see someone wrecking heads and put bruises on the Lbackers of other teams, just give Owen Schmitt the ball. Garanteed, he can do tons better than Duckett.

Reaction score
RhewChuryll said:
bobflipaburger said:
Number 18 said:

I don't remember too many good things about Duckett. He just plain dissapoints me. Edge...hmmm....I think he's a lot better then Julius, but I also don't want to see Forsett take a step back. So drop Duckett, I dont see any upside to him. If you wanna see someone wrecking heads and put bruises on the Lbackers of other teams, just give Owen Schmitt the ball. Garanteed, he can do tons better than Duckett.

Really? We used him in short yardage; he converted in short yardage... What's not to like?

Reaction score
It's on NFL.com Curry.

I really like this move. Why have a guy as a HB who does things that a FB should be doing? Plus, if the Seahawks plan on carrying to FB's it would be a waste to have a 3rd big guy in the backfield.

So...I'm assuming it's going to be J.J. (Who is getting bashed for some reason) with James/Forsett being switched in.

Reaction score
CurryFan59 said:
Jones will start on and off with James and Justin will be the fill-in for them.
I like Jones over James though. When J.J. got to start and played the majority of the game he did well for the most part especially in a pass-first offense. James only did good in the playoffs, but hopefully he feels like he has to work for a job now with it being a 1 year deal.

Reaction score
When J.J. played the majority of the game he had pretty good yardage totals. Against the 49ers he had 127 yards and a TD on 26 carries. Against the Rams he had 140 yards and a TD on 22 carries. The next week against the Giants he put up 61 yards on 17 carries. Against the Dolphins he had 16 carries for 88 yards. The rest of the time he either shared time with Morris or Morris just completely took over. Jones finished the year with 698 yards and 2 TDs on 158 carries.

Now let's put that into comparison with other RB's around the league. Let's double his carry total to compare him to Adrian Peterson who had 363 carries. That would mean that Jones would have 1,396 yards on 316 carries. If you times AP's carries by J.J.'s average yards you would get 1,597 yards on 363 carries.

Just wait until J.J. gets out there and proves he is a legit back. I'd still rather have someone else back there, but quite frankly there isn't anyone we can put in the backfield who can do better than J.J. in Free Agency.

Reaction score
4 fumbles is a lot, especially since he didn't get a lot of carries for the season. If it helps, Adrian Peterson fumbled the ball 9 times in '08 and 4 times in '07. :D

Top Bottom