• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Depth - the unsung hero

Idahawk

Reaction score
I can't say enough how fortunate we are to have the depth we do across the board . Look around the league right now, nobody can recover from the type of key injuries to key positions like we do ... Nobody is going to lose their entire o-line and still win , but we do . Lose a starting WR and possibly get better we did Now a starting corner are you worried ? Probably not .
The culture PC has created is one that will always give the next man up a shot and players are taking that seriously . PC and JS should be in every conversation when talking year end awards .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I can't say enough how fortunate we are to have the depth we do across the board . Look around the league right now, nobody can recover from the type of key injuries to key positions like we do ... Nobody is going to lose their entire o-line and still win , but we do . Lose a starting WR and possibly get better we did Now a starting corner are you worried ? Probably not .
The culture PC has created is one that will always give the next man up a shot and players are taking that seriously . PC and JS should be in every conversation when talking year end awards .

But wait, we haven’t won convincing enough for some. This argument reminds me of Mr. Steve Harper. Do you remember Stevie? LOL Stevie was never happy with a win.

Anyway, with all those injuries we still won games. And you’re right, we are as deep as the ocean in talent.

9-1 has a nice ring to it no matter how you slice up the closer games! :)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
But wait, we haven’t won convincing enough for some. This argument reminds me of Mr. Steve Harper. Do you remember Stevie? LOL Stevie was never happy with a win.

Anyway, with all those injuries we still won games. And you’re right, we are as deep as the ocean in talent.

9-1 has a nice ring to it no matter how you slice up the closer games! :)

I don't fault guys for wanting it perfect , I get that . We haven't won the big one and if you back in or get lucky doing it Ravens) then you don't get the respect that comes with the title. I think some guys want complete domination to shut up the doubters and leave no doubt who's number 1 , I'm not that picky I'll take anything .

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I could really give a shit what other fans think. Even when we win it all they’ll bitch. I’m to old not to enjoy a win for what it is; it’s a win.

We get to the show and anything can happen…so enjoy the ride. ;)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Steve is true fan and he did like to dissect every game and that rubbed some the wrong way , but remember we weren't . Net so speaking your mind was supposed to be allowed , it was guys like that and fans from other teams that made the old huddle as good as it was

Seahawks.com did a nice story about Steve last year , it's posted here somewhere , he met Jim Zorn as a young man , its a nice read .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't fault guys for wanting it perfect
Nah, not perfect. I'd just rather see them build a winning formula around good defense, offensive efficiency and taking care of the ball rather than doing everything it takes to lose a game like getting manhandled in the trenches, getting torched in the running game, turning the ball over and then trying to offset the whole game flow with an 80 yard pass play or a house call pick six.
I'd kinda like to see them play more like they did against Atlanta and the second half of the Tampa game rather than how they played against the Rams and Houston. Perfection not required :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Even when we win it all they’ll bitch

Not too likely since if they do win it all it'll be as a result of fixing the problems in question. Ironically, some fans are bitching about stuff going on that will keep them from winning it all if it continues. So you won't hear fans bitching if they do win it all.
Not counting the Atlanta game, the way to beat the Seahawks is to play smart and take care of the football. Fortunately, teams haven't been doing that. But what happens if you go up against a team like KC that doesn't ever beat themselves? With that shoddy type of play the Hawks become easy pickings against a team like KC.
Like I said before, the wins are great and gives them a dimension they need. But that by itself isn't enough. Just ask the '99 Jags, who went 14-2, who had similar issues, and lost the conference title game at home 36-15.

Top Bottom