• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Defensive Line

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I believe it was Danny O'Neil on KJR 950 that said it appears to him Walter Thurmond is penciled in as the starter, but Jennings is playing while Thurmond rehabs from injury. Also just checked the current depth chart listed on the Seahawks site & it shows Walter Thurmond as the starter, with Kelley Jennings third on the depth chart, behind Brandon Browner.

LCB: Trufant Sherman Cox
RCB: Thurmond Browner Jennings (He's the wrong guy to put on an NFL uniform... )

HaHa! It may not matter for long.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I don't like Jennings, but I don't share the outright hatred of him you guys do... I mean he's a very good cover corner, but he's TERRIBLE at making a play on the ball. When he gets beat the majority of the time is because he struggles to make plays on the ball in the air, but I believe he can cover most of the WRs in the league he just can't finish plays.

Yeah, and TJ can drop back really well, but just can't throw the ball....

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
idk why my text is in your quote box... I keep trying to edit it and won't work.

Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying is maybe as a backup up where he'll be covering a lot more slot WRs and TEs who don't run as many of those deep routes where the QB can see one on one coverage and just throw up a ball and hope his receiver can make a play on it its possible for him to be productive.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Bob, you're a nice guy, too nice sometimes. Jennings is horrible at his job and needs to be FIIIRRRREED!!!

Reaction score
Bob, you're a nice guy, too nice sometimes. Jennings is horrible at his job and needs to be FIIIRRRREED!!!

I'm serious, I think he might be the best player in man coverage on the team... But there's probably offensive linemen with better ball skills than him. Put him in a position where he's covering a lot more underneath routes I think he could be productive. He'll never live up to being a first round pick, but he can be a productive nickle or dime.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I guess I just want the best at every position.... I play too much Madden

S

Seattlehawk94

Kelli Kaposki is a joke....Been saying it for years! Last week's big play showed exactly why...He's a midget and can't keep up almost ANY WR in the NFL....Dude should just retire and go into jockeying, he's better suited for that anyways....Though he'd probably get burned by other jockey's as well because he's so good at letting other's get in front of him...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Except for he was supposed to let the WR get behind him in that play. Cover 2 Man. Earl Thomas screwed up by not giving Jennings help over the top.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, that WAS ET's fault but....It's typical of the midget.....We NEVER should've let
Wilson_The_Volleyball.jpg

go last year.....Stupidest move....EVER....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Haha. Wilson is even more midgety than Jennings is. But a better player I agree. I think, however, it was not in PC/JS's plans to have either one back, but when all the decent CBs were taken off the market, they felt Jennings was their better option I imagine due to his familiarity with the defense.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Browner & Sherman are likely to get picked on just as much this year if they play. All rookie CBs get tested, bested, and abused, still though I'd take them for their upside potential & see what Kris Richard can do with them. What can it hurt?

S

Seattlehawk94

Haha. Wilson is even more midgety than Jennings is. But a better player I agree. I think, however, it was not in PC/JS's plans to have either one back, but when all the decent CBs were taken off the market, they felt Jennings was their better option I imagine due to his familiarity with the defense.

WILLLLLLSON always played bigger than he was, and always seemed to be a ballhawk...Kinda like Wee Willie Williams, both stand under 5'10 and both play like they are 6'8....

Top Bottom