• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Defensive Line

Reaction score
Clemons+Mebane+Branch+Bryant = 1,236 lbs of BEEF!!!

I am very excited. If these guys can stay healthy, we should be pretty good against the run!

Glad we resigned Brock. He and Clemons will be a pretty scary duo coming off the edge on passing downs!!

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Add in Colin Cole and that becomes 1,564 lbs of super prime beef too. Can't wait to see this line stacked for short yardage!

S

Seattlehawk94

LOVE THE DL...Don't love the DBs...Minus Earl....LOL

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE you are going to have to school me. What is a Ta Quandre Jackson?

S

Seattlehawk94

He's not bad but....We have no depth out there..

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm hoping this thread starts to take off now, so regarding the first preseason game against a better than average team in the Chargers...The Seahawks gave up zero rushing first downs for the entire game. Impressive!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah, and the secondary lets Phillip Rivers carve them up like a Turkey Dinner. D line inability to apply pressure didn't help the cause either.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
The Phillip Rivers first quarter score came down to this: First play, great stop by Mebane & Hawthorne. Next came a forty-eight yard gain by Rivers who burned either #21 Kelly Jennings, or #22 Josh Pinkard (I'm not sure which). Then back to back poor plays by Leroy Hill. He didn't contain his RB on the next play that lead to a good pickup towards our endzone. Then he got flat out burned by #35 Mike Tolbert for the TD.

Hard to see Kelly Jennings, Josh Pinkard, and expecially Leroy Hill as being starters on this team. San Diego knew exactly which two weaknesses to exploit and they did. I expect that all three will be demoted asap.

Reaction score
The Phillip Rivers first quarter score came down to this: First play, great stop by Mebane & Hawthorne. Next came a forty-eight yard gain by Rivers who burned either #21 Kelly Jennings, or #22 Josh Pinkard (I'm not sure which). Then back to back poor plays by Leroy Hill. He didn't contain his RB on the next play that lead to a good pickup towards our endzone. Then he got flat out burned by #35 Mike Tolbert for the TD.

Hard to see Kelly Jennings, Josh Pinkard, and expecially Leroy Hill as being starters on this team. San Diego knew exactly which two weaknesses to exploit and they did. I expect that all three will be demoted asap.
Kelly Jennings: I have a feeling Jennings will lose his spot to Brandon Browner or Walter Thurmond. Jennings basically stepped aside on that long pass to Vincent Jackson. A guy like Browner could have slowed him down a bit, but Jennings is too small to do anything. (18's posting Brock Huard's comments on the play helped me understand why Jennings stepped out of the way. :D)

Leroy Hill: It may just be that he's been out of football for a year, but I think K.J. Wright is going to push him for that starting job and might even take it. Wright had 7 solo tackles last night and seemed to do pretty well in coverage from the plays I saw.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Kelly Jennings: ... Jennings basically stepped aside on that long pass to Vincent Jackson.

I did not see the play and am no Jennings fan, but Brock Huard said the coverage was supposed to be Cover 2 Man. Jennings was supposed to let the receiver get behind him so as to defend against cross patterns or something. He was supposed to get help from a safety, who never showed.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Earl Thomas was suppose to help but he went with the slot or TE on post. That guy was covered by his man so it was ETs fault. But I still f'ng hate Jennings!!

Reaction score
I did not see the play and am no Jennings fan, but Brock Huard said the coverage was supposed to be Cover 2 Man. Jennings was supposed to let the receiver get behind him so as to defend against cross patterns or something. He was supposed to get help from a safety, who never showed.
I didn't see the whole play so what Huard said makes sense.

Earl Thomas was suppose to help but he went with the slot or TE on post. That guy was covered by his man so it was ETs fault. But I still f'ng hate Jennings!!
I don't think ET even played or at least he wasn't in on the 47-yard pass to Jackson. Josh Pinkard was playing FS and Kennard Cox was playing man-to-man next to Jennings. From the camera angle and distance, Cox looked like ET.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I DVR'd the game. I'll take a look later and see exactly who it was, I thought ET played and it was definitely Jennings at RCB, and like I said thought it was ET at FS. Like 18 said, they were playing a Cover 2 with two safeties over the top and whoever was on the right side totally blew it and made Kelly Jennings look even worse... didn't know that was possible : /

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Also Kelly playing deeper zone, Curry was supposed to be at flat, or on FB, I think.
But I saw Kelly get run over twice, and thrown on too much, he's the wrong guy to have on a #1 or 2 WR.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My buddy said it was ET that blew the coverage because he bit on the TE or whatever. Like I said, though, I myself did not see it.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Also Kelly playing deeper zone, Curry was supposed to be at flat, or on FB, I think.
But I saw Kelly get run over twice, and thrown on too much, he's the wrong guy to have on a #1 or 2 WR.

He's the wrong guy to put on an NFL uniform...

Reaction score
I don't like Jennings, but I don't share the outright hatred of him you guys do... I mean he's a very good cover corner, but he's TERRIBLE at making a play on the ball. When he gets beat the majority of the time is because he struggles to make plays on the ball in the air, but I believe he can cover most of the WRs in the league he just can't finish plays.

Top Bottom