• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Could the media please stop talking about Richard Sherman

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I don't think his 12 second soundbite is worth the 24 hour news coverage.

Was he wrong sure, but put it into context people. He didn't shoot someone and leave shell casings in a rental car. He didn't murder his wife. He had a verbal outburst directed at a camera.

At some point I'm expecting someone to go through the interview frame by frame like the movie JFK.

Could we please move on to other more important issues, say like the Superbowl and the rest of the team?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
There was another shooter in frame 8,262 by the grassy sideline. :laugh:

At least the back story is getting out, not that it helps much.

This reminds me of when I won tickets to a private concert in Las Vegas. As I entered the auditorium I noticed most of the people didn't look like the "usual" fans for the band. Once they took the stage there was this mad dash away from the stage and a wave of fans gladly filled in the choice seats.

Just like the players "I don't pay attention" because I don't really care what they say.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
They are interviewing his high school coach to get his take on Sherman. What's next his pediatrician or his mothers obstetrician?

There are far more compelling stories on this team and in that game. For Christs sake Earl Thomas wasn't even suppose to be born...that's gotta be bigger than the 12 seconds of emotional outburst news.

A majority of this pathetic society we have now would rather watch the Kardashians that's obvious.

Face it, we're all going to hell in a hand basket, but lets do it after the Seahawks win the Superbowl.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Where's Crabtree stand in the publics eye over this thing? Starts a fight a charity event, takes another shot at Sherm during a press conference and then can't back any of it up on the field, topped off with the no handshake and the push in the face ?

He walks off the field having started all this shit , gets owned and then runs like a pussy . That's not a guy I want on my team , I'll take the guy that backs his words up .

Free Brandon Browner

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I actually wish Sherman had said nothing at this point...not because he's wrong. Because I think the way Crabtree has treated Sherman off the field is ridiculously rude and thuggish. You're correct, that should have been a story long ago, before the game, because it sounds like it was well known by the media. Sherman still hasn't talked about it and of course neither has Crabs. Why would he, he's a coward not manning up.

All the fans complaining is one thing, but the racially charged hate directed at Sherman is astonishing. He's a Standford grad, 4.0 High school student and they call him ghetto ass ni##er and wish he'd die? Over that small statement? I'm sure glad Crabtree was black because if he was white he'd need to wear a bullet proof vest to NJ.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks were going to be in the " bad boys " role in this Super Bowl well before Sherman opened his mouth to Crabtree.

That's why I said " no bitter sweet symphony " bullshit this time . It's beauty and the beast ! Sheriff Woody vs Monsters Inc !

Embrace it !

Free Brandon Browner

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
As long as we don't shoot anyone in a limo I'm down with the bad boy image. ;)

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
As long as we don't shoot anyone in a limo I'm down with the bad boy image. ;)

I was intrigued by Spud's last post then yours above. I don't remember the bad boy image going over well in the super bowl. In fact it is almost a predictor of which team will lose in the super bowl in the last 15 years or so. That makes this Sherman situation more troubling in my mind. Not that it happened despite how immature it was….rather the intense media scrutiny it has received. I do see a media trend developing in which this incident paints the Seahawks as a team in the wrong light. The bad boys. The non favored. Just look at the history of the NFC Best record in their last 4 visits to the super bowl.

In 2001 the Rams were suddenly the overwhelming favorite (17 points) facing the (post 9/11) against all odds 'Patriots' fresh off the 'Tuck Rule' with videotaping other teams practices to continue for years in the future. The week before the game saw endless references to 9/11 and Boston recovering from it. The day of the game had pre game shows uber focusing on patriotism and the Boston 9/11 story with the Rams characterized as Goliath standing in the way of the chosen and coincidentally named 'Patriots'. The officials refused to call the game by the rules, particularly the no contact beyond 5 yards effectively neutering the Rams pass oriented offense. There were so many blatant penalties it spawned a website that lasted for years.

In 2005 the Seahawks as all of you are well aware were the second class citizens to the media mantra of the Steelers 'One for the thumb' and 'One for the Bus' (RB Jerome Bettis) ad the emergence of golden boy Roethlisberger. Again the officials were decidedly one sided in calling the game. While some calls could be subject to debate the call for me that sealed it was the penalty on Hass when the turnover caused him to play defense. I still can't understand that one.

In 2009 AZ was robbed by the officials on plays that directly impacted the score giving it to the Steelers and their soon to be suspected sex offender QB.

In 2012 the 49ers and their whiny tantrum prone head coach with an offense lead by a bible versed tattooed bicep kissing taunting rookie QB faced a Ravens team with a sane head coach. Since both head coaches were brothers the comparisons were not favorable to the 49ers. I liked the Ravens so I'll say sanity ruled the day.;)

I guess the gist of my post is the NFL has a penchant in the super bowl to make their chosen narrative come out the winner despite the odds.

Last edited:
OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Tampa Bay was thought of as bad boys and I'd say the Ravens as well.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. In 2005 we could have scored 2 times but didn't because of our receivers. Having had the benefit of time I think there were bad calls, but we allowed those calls to create the loss...when we should have overcame them.

Who ever wants it more will get it this year. I think it will be a very big Superbowl for the NFL. It's the best two teams, what more can you ask for?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Tampa Bay was thought of as bad boys and I'd say the Ravens as well.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. In 2005 we could have scored 2 times but didn't because of our receivers. Having had the benefit of time I think there were bad calls, but we allowed those calls to create the loss...when we should have overcame them.

Who ever wants it more will get it this year. I think it will be a very big Superbowl for the NFL. It's the best two teams, what more can you ask for?

The officials to call the game by the rules for each team.;)

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Media is doing the Seahawks a huge favor

5uzu6u7y.jpg

Free Brandon Browner

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Lets see team has a monkey on it's back, plus there's a chip on the monkey's shoulder!? Holy crap Batman!

Top Bottom