• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Combine Coverage: Crabtree First Impressions

Reaction score
a slight injury? WR need their feet don't they? Crabtree is quite a bit shorter than he said he was (duh). What does this say about his health? He had been only doing light workouts since the 'ankle' injury and he still has not healed? Still want Jason Smith.

This may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard
"I heard them talking on the NFL Network and apparently with the zone blocking scheme that is getting implemented, it is not a crucial to find another Tackle like Walter Jones."

A LT is still critical :roll:

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
This may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard
"I heard them talking on the NFL Network and apparently with the zone blocking scheme that is getting implemented, it is not a crucial to find another Tackle like Walter Jones."

A LT is still critical :roll:

Maybe you should read the statement over. No one said that an LT is not critical. :roll:

Reaction score
I really don't see why any team would draft someone in the 1st round without the expectation of them playing the position they were drafted for. With our team being run oriented and defensive oriented, we won't be picking up a LT. We need a RB, or some defensive help. A WR would be great later on, but if Crabtree is up, it would be hard to pass on him.

I personally hate teams that pick their "needs" to create depth instead of picking up that guy that can provide a spark on offense or defense. Pick up the guys you need to provide depth later on in the draft. It's not like Madden 09 in Franchise where if you pick up someone in the 2nd or later rounds they are complete shit. :D

Idahawk

Reaction score
Crabtree looked stressed out in a interview I saw today...he kinda snapped at the reporter, I believe that he had this stress crack all along, calling it an ankle injury and making it the reason he couldn't run..but was trying to BS through it...its not like you can back out after hiring an agent and having a path to the draft special made about you !..he may or may not have known about his injury..but to me its to much of a gamble either way...The best situation for him would be to return to TT and come out next year....but now thats not an option..and he will fall . I can't imagine that he didn't know he had a crack in his foot...I think the truth will come out soon

Reaction score
Read today an interesting point of view in the Sporting News paper. Basically it said that Mora might trade the 4th pick for a later pick so they can pick up more picks and improve their defense, while improving their depth offensively. With the last injury to Crabtree I think that's a good possibility. You could even move to the 9-12 spots and possibly still land Crabtree. Here's my opinion of what they should do if they stay at 4 (Not a draft analyst or expert so just going to list the position they might want to take.)

1- CB (Malcolm Jenkins) with Crabtree hurt it's possible they will now focus on defense.
2- WR
3- DT- Unless Graham Harrell is available.
4- QB
5- Traded
6- RB
7- WR

still compensation picks haven't been released yet. Most likely won't until Mid-March early April.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder how feasible it is to trade out of the top 5. I wonder if it is more feasible this year as it is the last capped year... I dunno.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Crabtree has changed his mind again...after saying he would run at his pro day..he has now told the NFL network that he is reconsidering running at his pro day and that he may move up the date of his pro day.

Reaction score
Sorry but all coaches know that teams are build around the QB Oline and the Dline. This teams is currently built around the LB's (and overpaid imo) with close to 20% of the teams cap paid to the LB starter how can you build a better team?

Reaction score
Why do you think Jenkins should be drafted in the top 20???? He ran a 4.6 40!!!!!! Still think Crabtree will run a 4.6 40 also. There will be other WR in the 2nd but not a stud tackle they will all (4) be gone by the 12 pick. Being reported he might only be able to play S in the NFL at 6' and 204 I think they are right. I watched him get beat deep so many times this year I wondered what people were thinking when they said he was a top 3 player in the draft.

For Wide receivers, 5 men were tested under 4.40 seconds for the 40 Yard dash.
Heyward-Bey, Darrius - Maryland, 4.30 STILL my pick as the best of the WR's he is even a 1/8 inch taller than crabtree
Wallace, Mike - Mississippi, 4.33 6'
Knox, Johnny - Abilene Christian, 4.34
Butler, Deon - Penn State, 4.38
Thomas, Mike - Arizona, 4.40

Hawk096 said:
Read today an interesting point of view in the Sporting News paper. Basically it said that Mora might trade the 4th pick for a later pick so they can pick up more picks and improve their defense, while improving their depth offensively. With the last injury to Crabtree I think that's a good possibility. You could even move to the 9-12 spots and possibly still land Crabtree. Here's my opinion of what they should do if they stay at 4 (Not a draft analyst or expert so just going to list the position they might want to take.)

1- CB (Malcolm Jenkins) with Crabtree hurt it's possible they will now focus on defense.
2- WR
3- DT- Unless Graham Harrell is available.
4- QB
5- Traded
6- RB
7- WR

still compensation picks haven't been released yet. Most likely won't until Mid-March early April.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Hawk096 said:
Wag that was before he ran. Now I don't think we should take him first round.

He can convert to safety he is a ball hawk and big

did you watch him play this year? In the 3+ games I watched I had flashbacks of Boulware vs Minnesota :evil: speed killed that kid in every game I watched.

Top Bottom