• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Coaching Changes

Reaction score
Wow I still have one of his Jerseys and rookie card!

phaZe said:
Ex-Seahawk Sherman Smith to interview with Carroll for Running Back Coaching job tomorrow (Thursday). Kippy Brown is suppose to be the Wide Receivers coach as well.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Washington Post is reporting he will be Seahawks RB coach. He will replace Kasey Dunn and should be the final big piece of Pete Carroll's first staff in Seattle. Carroll is expected to also add an assistant OL coach with Alex Gibbs. I will update the list as soon as it's official.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Washington Post is reporting he will be Seahawks RB coach. He will replace Kasey Dunn and should be the final big piece of Pete Carroll's first staff in Seattle. Carroll is expected to also add an assistant OL coach with Alex Gibbs. I will update the list as soon as it's official.

Read about the Gibbs announcement on Seahawks.com

He's a pretty reputable guy. Has quite the resume.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Art Valero of the Rams an assistant OL coach is one of the guys Seahawks have interest in. He worked with Jeremy Bates in Tampa Bay and Alex Gibbs in Denver.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Art Valero of the Rams an assistant OL coach is one of the guys Seahawks have interest in. He worked with Jeremy Bates in Tampa Bay and Alex Gibbs in Denver.

Ummm, are you....... frickin' SERIOUS? :eek: :pissed:

The Rams had the WORST O-Line for the past 3-4 seasons. It all goes back to coaching, right? And this guy, one of the coaches for one of the WORST O-Lines, is drawing interest from us?

:harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Pottsie said:
Hawk096 said:

Ummm, are you....... frickin' SERIOUS? :eek: :pissed:

The Rams had the WORST O-Line for the past 3-4 seasons. It all goes back to coaching, right? And this guy, one of the coaches for one of the WORST O-Lines, is drawing interest from us?

:harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:
I can't agree more, but at the same time our line wasn't that good and we had a good OL coach in Mike Solari. Sometimes coaching is a major part, but you also need the right pieces. He's been successful with the Bucs and Broncos working with guys on our staff. Hopefully if they hire him he'll have that success here. Again he's just being interviewed according to Profootballtalk.com so not hired- yet.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate, but why can't a bad team have some good coaches? Just because Steven Jackson was on the Rams doesn't mean he is a bad player.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
According to a St. Louis paper Valero has joined the staff. I will be following this for a little bit, but it looks like he may have landed the job. Valero also has a history of coaching running backs so I would expect him to work with Lewis as well and Bates at the coordinating spot. He might kind of be a consultant to the offense.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I just spoke to Mike Sando and supposedly Gibbs has always had an assistant OL coach with him. Seeings to two have worked together in Denver makes sense for this hiring. Maybe Gibbs picked him himself and Bates knows him from his days in Tampa Bay so they decided to go with Joe.

BlueTalon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hawk096;44078 said:
They offered Solari the position at Tight Ends, but he turned it down.
Wow, I didn't know that.

Hawk096;44092 said:
Szat and Wag I agree, but that was the reason Carroll said. From what I dug up on Gibbs he was the founder of the scheme. So maybe going with the legend and founder over a student who prefected it is the thinking behind this. Hope that helps.
Gibbs has worked with Carroll before. I think that better explains why Gibbs was willing to come here than why Carroll preferred Gibbs over Solari. But either way, I'm happy and optimistic.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Blue-
Where did they work together? Not saying your wrong, but I checked the two and don't see them ever working together. Gibbs left Ohio St. the year before Carroll joined the Buckeyes staff.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Also joining Carroll in Seattle will be former Seahawk CB Kris Richard. Richard will be an assitant secondary coach to Jerry Gray. Richard played for the Seahawks from 2002-04 after being selected in the third round out of USC.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Ex-49er LB Jeff Ulbrich has joined the Seahawks staff. No word yet on what his role will be with the team.

Top Bottom