• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can we beat Denver right now?

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I was just curious what you all feel about how the Hawks stack up against them. Could the Hawks beat them on a neutral field as it stands now? Could we beat them once they get everyone back, particularly Champ Bailey and Von Miller and way we get Harvin, Bruce Irvin, Okung, etc. Denver looks like a potential Super Bowl winner, both on paper and so far on the field.
Conceivably neither team could make it, being so early in the season but this is just a hypothetical scenario but a realistic possibility.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
We can beat anyone, but just to be safe I would prefer a Manning playoff choke and play someone else in the big game. They are looking pretty tough right now, but they are playing the Raiders. This is probably the second worst matchup this weekend behind us vs the Jags.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Denver, hell yeah we could beat them.

Oakland looks worse than the Jag's and they are occasionally looking good against them.

Denver isn't being pressed off the line at all and Oakland is playing a weak zone. They should have 60 points with Manning in there.

I mean come on...we'd eat their lunch. I have no doubt in my mind.

And face it, Manning is never gonna run. So that threat is neutralized.

Last edited:

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
If I was going to Vegas to bet on the game I would take the Seahawks. Denver is a smaller team that relys on quickness. The Seahawks size would wear them down and the Hawks would take over the game. In preseason with the starters in I thought the Seahawks looked like the better team. Manning's throws are usally 5 to 15 yards, shut that down and pressure Manning and it would be all over.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The more I watch the Raider defense I'm convinced that they are worse than the Jag's.

They are flat footed and can't tackle. Their zone defense is atrocious. Let Manning try that shit with Seattle and he'd be on his back.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Just gonna play devil's advocate here. Two things concern me about Denver.
1) Our defense struggled last year getting stops on 3rd down. Denver was the top defense in the league in that category.
2) DThomas, JThomas, Welker, Decker vs Tate, Baldwin, Zach, Rice. #4 in Denver's group might have an edge over the #1 in that Seattle group. Easily the top receiving corps Manning has ever had at his disposal and he could annihilate some QB records with that group.

3) our offensive line.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Just gonna play devil's advocate here. Two things concern me about Denver.
1) Our defense struggled last year getting stops on 3rd down. Denver was the top defense in the league in that category.
2) DThomas, JThomas, Welker, Decker vs Tate, Baldwin, Zach, Rice. #4 in Denver's group might have an edge over the #1 in that Seattle group. Easily the top receiving corps Manning has ever had at his disposal and he could annihilate some QB records with that group.

3) our offensive line.
Denver didn't look all that sharp against the Raiders last night. A team they should have run up the score on.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
On a neutral field this is the best match up in the NFL
#1 Off against the #1 Def
And I agree with BB12, with no threat of a mobile QB, or a strong run game, it will allow us to to put extra DB's and pass rushers in. Think Bandit D of 2 years ago... Lots of knickle, up on press. Sure we'll give up a few under neath dinks and dunks as P. Manning finds the miss matches in 1 on 1's but if we can keep them under 20 we can defenitly win. Denver D is really good though too, hopefully our run can soften up that front seven, wear them down so we can exploit thier aging secondary *See baltimore AFC Championship 2012

Idahawk

Reaction score
Is nobody putting any stock into that Pre season game ?

I thought for the first 2 quarters the Broncos and Seahawks played regular season football in k game

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Is nobody putting any stock into that Pre season game ?

There were clearly some positives from that game while they compiled the 27-7 lead. There were also some things that didn't really much concern me at the time but they do a little more now since seeing what Denver's capable of doing.
When the starters were in, Denver pretty much controlled the clock and Manning moved the ball on us. I think he had over 160 passing yards and they had a few good gainers on the ground too. Most of the damage done on them was via turnovers and special teams play, something that's good to have but can't be relied on to be the decisive factor in every type of game. If Denver takes care of the ball and Kearse doesn't run one back, it's probably going to be 14-13 Denver.
Controlling the clock is one of the things that can beat a team like Denver and the Seahawks are currently 5th in ToP so that's a good sign. But they didn't control the clock at all in that preseason game.

I did find this article though that had some interesting stuff: http://www.krem.com/sports/225076972.html

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Good article.

We may have beat them easily in a preseason match at the clink but a outdoor game in NJ in early February against Peyton just doesn't sound real promising. Hopefully they get knocked out in the playoffs. It's a long way off and anything can happen.

Reaction score
Good article.

We may have beat them easily in a preseason match at the clink but a outdoor game in NJ in early February against Peyton just doesn't sound real promising. Hopefully they get knocked out in the playoffs. It's a long way off and anything can happen.
Just go for the neck and Osweiler will be in by half time.

All joking aside, their offense is all timing and quick passes to neutralize the pressure. The problem is we have the best seondary in the league that won't let them get into their rhythm and a defensive front 7 that will be every QB's nightmare.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Lets see how Denver plays when they are pressed off the line. Oakland basically let them have a 10 yard cushion, so they were able to complete 8 yard passes time after time. You can't beat Denver playing like that.

Reaction score
Lets see how Denver plays when they are pressed off the line. Oakland basically let them have a 10 yard cushion, so they were able to complete 8 yard passes time after time. You can't beat Denver playing like that.
And what happens when their receivers do catch a ball? Mr. Browner knocks that ball out!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Super bowls seem to defy logic, I do know this team is going to be focused big time. This has been the goal all year and they know what a win will mean to Seattle. This team has found a way to win all year and will be bringing the pain.

Harvin could be the key in this one. For as little as he has contributed this year, having him healthy for the SB could give us the offensive boost we need.

Top Bottom