• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Burleson/Housh = Pro Bowl?

Reaction score
The stats below are through 5 games:

Nate Burleson: 30 Receptions, 358 Yards, 3 TDs
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: 27 Receptions, 325 Yards, 2 TDs

If they keep constant and with the return of Hasselbeck their stats at the end of the season:

Nate Burleson: 110 Receptions, 1250 Yards, 12 TDs
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: 95 Receptions, 1100 Yards, 10 TDs

Reaction score
THat would be awesome. I don't think ever remember having a pro bowl reciever. I'm guessing the last one we had was Largent... Maybe Galloway.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
The projected stats are probably the best they could do, but they should be able to get at least 90 receptions and 900 yards receiving each.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Burleson has been a serious surprise, to me anyway, I never believed in the guy, just seemed to inconsistent. Coming off the surgery, looks stronger than ever and in all the right places - and TJ, come on, no surprise there, its WHY we signed him. :)

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
THat would be awesome. I don't think ever remember having a pro bowl reciever. I'm guessing the last one we had was Largent... Maybe Galloway.

Alex Bannister went in 2003. But I'm sure it was for his ST play, definitely not WR play.

Before that, Brian Blades went in 1989. Largent last went in 1987.

So it has been 20 years since we had a WR go for his WR play.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I predicted (and wrote down) Housh's end of year stats. Something like:
96 rec 1009 yards w/ 12 TD. Pretty similar to Jerovicious year.
TJ will be a TD machine!

That said, I think it will be hard for any one reciever to make the Pro-bowl just because Matt has been very good and spreading the ball around. Branch, Housh, Burl, John,Butler are all in the mix.

The important thing is that we win games. Matt if he keeps it up may have a shot at PB though!

Reaction score
I said I thought Nate was going to have a break out year last year and he looked well on his way after that awesome TD catch in Buffalo... But then he got hurt. So Nate's production hasn't surprised me at all. And to be honest I think we're all a little surprised it took Housh until game #5 to score a TD. The only reason I see those numbers declining is because of the other targets Matt has to throw to. When Branch starts playing at the level he's capable that'll take away some catches for Nate and Housh. Obviously Carlson going over the middle will start getting more receptions. And I think we'll try to incorporate Butler's speed into the offense a little more... I know we like to throw the quick screen to Burleson, but I'd like to try it with Butler a couple times a game.

And the other thing that will take away some catches from all of those guys is when we're winning by 40 points and we run the ball through the entire 4th quarter haha.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I said I thought Nate was going to have a break out year last year and he looked well on his way after that awesome TD catch in Buffalo... But then he got hurt. So Nate's production hasn't surprised me at all. And to be honest I think we're all a little surprised it took Housh until game #5 to score a TD. The only reason I see those numbers declining is because of the other targets Matt has to throw to. When Branch starts playing at the level he's capable that'll take away some catches for Nate and Housh. Obviously Carlson going over the middle will start getting more receptions. And I think we'll try to incorporate Butler's speed into the offense a little more... I know we like to throw the quick screen to Burleson, but I'd like to try it with Butler a couple times a game.

And the other thing that will take away some catches from all of those guys is when we're winning by 40 points and we run the ball through the entire 4th quarter haha.
That's pretty much what they did against the Jags. They ran down the clock from 11 minutes by running Edge. That's something a good team can do.

Top Bottom