• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bennett turned down offer .

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Get used to it. Its the price of winning.

That's why I don't think you can give Bennett what he's wants, save that money for a Rainey day . I think we can pick and choose a pass rush guy in FA , get a one or two year deal guy like Allen or Osi ... We'll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
That's why I don't think you can give Bennett what he's wants, save that money for a Rainey day . I think we can pick and choose a pass rush guy in FA , get a one or two year deal guy like Allen or Osi ... We'll see

With the salary cap its extremely difficult to maintain success with a core group of players after a super bowl win. Bandwagon says it will be done by continued success at finding later round draft picks but that hasn't been the history in the cap era. Free agents are easier to attract but the price will generally be high. Patriots have been the best at it but since Tape Gate surfaced they haven't won it all. Quite possibly in the NFL the most difficult thing to do is to win the super bowl the next season again.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Give me Wilson and Thomas and Il'll start a franchise tomorrow . Those two guys are not going to let players fall off and take a play off here or there , they are out to be great and guys follow that lead. Turnover of players can actually refuel a team, add spark. I think I get more excited about the next great rook the Hawks find ....some farm boy from Saskatchewan that can bench a bus or something lol

Free Brandon Browner

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Quite possibly in the NFL the most difficult thing to do is to win the super bowl the next season again.
Yes it is. And for the record, I didn't say the Hawks were going to repeat. The odds are stacked against them winning the Super Bowl next year just like it was this year. Too many X factors involved. But the Seahawks will have better odds than anyone else in the league next year and they will be in a stronger position to repeat than any Super Bowl winner over the last 10 years.

The entire core will be back for 2014 and most of them will still be on their rookie contracts. If this team gets dismantled by the hard cap, it will be after the 2014 season, not before. So 2014 is basically theirs to lose. Talent won't keep them out. There's little doubt they will once again field the deepest, most talented team in the league. Their biggest enemy will be injuries and complacency. If they can fight off complacency, they will be looking good.

Last edited:
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The fact that it hasn't been done in a while should all the motivation they need .

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes it is. And for the record, I didn't say the Hawks were going to repeat. The odds are stacked against them winning the Super Bowl next year just like it was this year. Too many X factors involved. But the Seahawks will have better odds than anyone else in the league next year and they will be in a stronger position to repeat than any Super Bowl winner over the last 10 years.

The entire core will be back for 2014 and most of them will still be on their rookie contracts. If this team gets dismantled by the hard cap, it will be after the 2014 season, not before. So 2014 is basically theirs to lose. Talent won't keep them out. There's little doubt they will once again field the deepest, most talented team in the league. Their biggest enemy will be injuries and complacency. If they can fight off complacency, they will be looking good.

You said remain on top or something close to that. Seahawks are the odds on favorite to win the super bowl in 2014 though those odds stacked against them are considerably fewer than any other team I would guess. Still the consecutive super bowl repeat remains elusive. Definitely a spread for a bet there that many will make. I don't see complacency as the Seahawks biggest problem other than the repeat thing. I see the pedestrian offense as the biggest problem and one that DCs will solve more often, especially within the NFC West.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Like I said he's looking for a blockbuster type deal , I think he's just to rich for Seattle's blood .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/michael-bennett-to-test-free-agent-market/

Free Brandon Browner

I think its a smart move by both sides. Bennett, cause he might get someone to pay insane money for his services and Im glad we are not the one. And good on Hawks for not overpaying.

I think there is a chance he'll be back (25%) but I'd rather let him go if he wants big money, we cant afford him. We need money for Early and Sherm and next year RW.

Hope we can get Tate now for 5M, my gut tells me we will, the FA market at WR is soft.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think its a smart move by both sides. Bennett, cause he might get someone to pay insane money for his services and Im glad we are not the one. And good on Hawks for not overpaying.

I think there is a chance he'll be back (25%) but I'd rather let him go if he wants big money, we cant afford him. We need money for Early and Sherm and next year RW.

Hope we can get Tate now for 5M, my gut tells me we will, the FA market at WR is soft.

Baldwin as well , I think his confidence is sky high right now , with Kearse and Lockette as well .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I see the pedestrian offense as the biggest problem and one that DCs will solve more often, especially within the NFC West.
What makes you so sure they won't make improvements on the offensive side this offseason? If the offense is as "pedestrian" as you say it is, then it should be fairly easy to upgrade (the worse they are, the more room for improvement). And as far as the pedestrian thing goes, do you base that on the first 12 games when they were the 2nd highest scoring team in the league behind Denver, or the last 4 games when they took a bit of a dive but still finished in the top 7 or 8 overall?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
What makes you so sure they won't make improvements on the offensive side this offseason? If the offense is as "pedestrian" as you say it is, then it should be fairly easy to upgrade (the worse they are, the more room for improvement). And as far as the pedestrian thing goes, do you base that on the first 12 games when they were the 2nd highest scoring team in the league behind Denver, or the last 4 games when they took a bit of a dive but still finished in the top 7 or 8 overall?

I base it almost entirely upon Wilson and to a lesser extent an aging beast mode. Your offense was ranked 8th in points and 17th in yards. That disparity will be exploited by DCs. Seahawks are now on the radar. Every team will look forward to your game. Get used to it.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I base it almost entirely upon Wilson and to a lesser extent an aging beast mode. Your offense was ranked 8th in points and 17th in yards. That disparity will be exploited by DCs. Seahawks are now on the radar. Every team will look forward to your game. Get used to it.

They were the odds on favorite last season , so we've played that schedule already , this season will just be a repeat. :)

It's a contract year for Beasty so watch out !

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
They were the odds on favorite last season , so we've played that schedule already , this season will just be a repeat. :)
It's a contract year for Beasty so watch out !

2015 is his contract year. Here's the contract:
2014 5,000,000 1,500,000 500,000 7,000,000
2015 5,500,000 1,500,000 2,000,000 9,000,000
2016 UFA

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I base it almost entirely upon Wilson and to a lesser extent an aging beast mode.

Oh, back to the "Wilson's an average at best QB, a game manager" argument. Hang your hat on that to your own detriment. And Beast Mode still has a couple years left in the tank before age will catch up with him.
If those are what you're basing the idea on that the Hawks are gonna take a fall, then I'll take it. You actually almost had me concerned for a second. If those are what passes for "weaknesses" then I like their chances.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh, back to the "Wilson's an average at best QB, a game manager" argument. Hang your hat on that to your own detriment. And Beast Mode still has a couple years left in the tank before age will catch up with him.
If those are what you're basing the idea on that the Hawks are gonna take a fall, then I'll take it. You actually almost had me concerned for a second. If those are what passes for "weaknesses" then I like their chances.

Fall is relative. For the Seahawks that means not winning the Super Bowl or even the NFC.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Rumor heard Bennett to 49ers.
I heard it as well. It's far from a done deal, they are just saying the Niners have expressed interest. No big surprise there. But if they do acquire him they will hamstring themselves to do it. And the Seahawks have an out if they lose him. At this point I'm not so sure it would benefit the Hawks to retain him, unless he ends up signing in the $6-8 million range. Anything above that and he's not worth it.

Most likely the Niners will feign interest in order to try and crank up the price on the Hawks. It'll all boil down to who's willing to pony up the most guaranteed money.

Top Bottom