• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A top 5 Running Back for the Seahawks

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
My whole gut feeling on the topic is doing something nobody else thinks you would......because Its just the way I would play this....if you have a need then you certainly don't want some other team to know that thats what your after, we do and will need a RB and if we could score the best RB available in the draft...it would be a big play....

The ranks in these mock drafts are based on what teams need as much as what the player is supposed to be able to do.....The worth of a player is only what that player means to a team . The fact that so many O-lineman are ranked high does not really mean they are the best player available . but that more teams are looking and in need of that position..with a wealth of good young backs that have been drafted over the last 4-5 years that position has fell off the radar..and is not the IN pick that it has been,,teams feel that a quality back is available in almost any round..and that may be true....but if you don't have need then a gamble is just that ,a gamble. If we can walk away from the draft and FA with TJ and the best back available then we have done a great job.

No one can say that a a RB in the first round would bum them out...where as least to me an OL or a position that adds depth is just ho hum and a waste of a chance at landing the next great back for the hawks..and we need that guy......our passing game will only be as good as the running game ....If you buy into JJ then I am dead wrong,,if you you don't then you can see where I'm coming from.....since nobody see's a back in our future, thats why i think thats where we are heading....The proof is in not signing a Mo replacement and no faith in JJ.
O linemen are like the engine of a car, and RB's are like the rims ( QB's are the driver ). No point in flash if it cant get out of the garage.

S

Seattlehawk94

So did we draft Shaun Alexander with our 19th pick because he ran a 4.54 or because we needed a running back ? And didn't we have Ricky Waters at the time ?

We drafted him because he was the best player on the board at that pick in a horrible draft. To say how bad that draft was is to look at who we took next...LMAO @ Crystal Mcinbust... :lol: Sad thing is Mcinbust actually had the balls to hold out for more money..

Look at how many players in that draft made the even just ONE Pro-Bowl....It was one of the weakest classes ever!

Top Bottom